turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The RP Repository needs template designers  (Read 650 times)

Offline Safiye

The RP Repository needs template designers
«: January 24, 2013, 11:54:15 PM»
Hi gang,

I know you're mostly a furc crowd, but I also know a number of you use - or know of - the RP Repository. I am the site administrator over there. As the site grows, I'm having to use nearly all of my time responding to bug reports and programming, which makes it hard to make templates. So I am looking to hire several template artists.

Please read ALL of the following information. There are instructions in it. If you can't follow the instructions, I will throw out your app instantly. Sorry, but time is at a crazy premium for me right now.

You do not *necessarily* need to know HTML or CSS -- I can program the templates for you. But you do need to be able to provide me with cleanly layered PSD of XCF files, and you may have to dodge some common browser issues... So prior experience with web stuff, or the patience to go through many rounds of revision is a must.

You will also need to be able to keep a secret. Sometimes templates are made well in advance and released along with a particular event. You will not be allowed to spoil the surprise!

Applicants should brace themselves that this is somtimes a nitpicky process, and your grand master pieces may be heavily modified or "dumbed down" to ensure that it works for the widest range of computers and characters possible.

Please also be aware that designs that you sell me become the property of the RPR, and pieces may end up appearing in promotional material, get offered to Epic users as pieces of flair they can use to dress up their user profiles, etc. etc. You can't resell these designs elsewhere.

I prefer to pay in paypal, but I might be able to buy you furcadian Digos or RPR Epic items.

Still reading? Then here we go! This is the info that you should include when contacting me:
  • Please link me to examples of past designs that you've created, either for the RPR (with an epic account) or any other site. Screenshots of concepts are fine.
  • Tell me your price range per template, and what additional colors for a template would cost
  • Tell me your availability. I'm looking for some people right this very second, and others that I can call on throughout the year.
  • If you like, you can tell me about other art/web expertises you have that might come in handy.

Contact me either via PM on the RP Repository or email me at [email protected] and we'll talk. If you're super, super lucky you might also catch me online on Furc as Safiye.

Looking forward to working with you!! :)

Offline Safiye

Re: The RP Repository needs template designers
«Reply #1: March 01, 2013, 10:07:58 PM»
This is still going on, if anyone is interested. The site has a never ending need for more templates! :)