turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price Check  (Read 679 times)

Offline Minkh

Price Check
«: May 17, 2013, 12:27:56 AM»
I want to open port commissions over the summer but I'm really not sure about prices.  I only have one example of a portrait so far and probably won't make any more before I start selling unless you guys think it looks terrible. :X

My first thought was $10, but I think I need a second opinion-- Thanks to anyone who responds. (:

Offline HarIey

Re: Price Check
«Reply #1: May 17, 2013, 12:39:33 AM»
In my opinion 10$ is a little far-fetched since the anatomy is lacking in some places. I'd pay 5 - 8$ depending on how the finished product is.
PM me for the fastest response.

Offline Minkh

«Reply #2: May 17, 2013, 12:46:07 AM»
Okay, thank you. Could you give me more specifics on what is wrong with the anatomy please? I know the legs are in the wrong place at least.

Offline derper

«Reply #3: May 17, 2013, 03:13:19 AM»
Okay, thank you. Could you give me more specifics on what is wrong with the anatomy please? I know the legs are in the wrong place at least.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ndi68&s=5  eyes need to be closer/bigger, ear cant really bend like that, and muzzle is a little off
If you believe everything you read, you better not read this.

Offline HarIey

«Reply #4: May 17, 2013, 08:53:00 AM»
I'd suggest doing cheap-ish commissions for a while until you get a better hold on it. Shading is meat, as is the background. Try using references when you do your portraits so the anatomy gets improved.

@Derper: Thanks. I haven't been on all morning to reply. School and the likes but yeah, thanks for pointing them out for me.
PM me for the fastest response.

Offline tacca

«Reply #5: May 17, 2013, 09:38:20 AM»

Is he a fox or a wolf?

Offline Minkh

«Reply #6: May 17, 2013, 11:28:47 AM»
He's a fox. Sorry for not specifying that in the original post.

Thanks for the redline anyway. I haven't drawn in a long time, so it's helpful. Plus despite thinking he's a wolf you are definitely right in that the eyes need to be bigger and closer together.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:31:00 AM by Minkh »

Offline tacca

«Reply #7: May 17, 2013, 03:29:29 PM»
He's a fox. Sorry for not specifying that in the original post.

Thanks for the redline anyway. I haven't drawn in a long time, so it's helpful. Plus despite thinking he's a wolf you are definitely right in that the eyes need to be bigger and closer together.

In that case, that redline isn't really correct. Here is a picture of a fox whose head is at a similar angle to the port.

As stated before, his muzzle should be thinned out and a bit more pointed at the end. Right now, he looks sort of like a cross between a wolf and fox. Study stock images and use references when drawing to help refine your anatomy.

Overall, I think this port is quite nice and think at this time $10 would be a reasonable price. As your improve, increase your prices. ^^

anything