turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: not sure what too think?  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Bixbite

not sure what too think?
«: February 20, 2014, 08:28:13 PM»
I think I might be posting in the wrong spot on this? If so tell me please! <3

Lately, after posting that I am seeking some form of art, be it a port or reference, not but two hours later I get some kind of whisper from some one(not the ones that normaly finished by me, you know who you are <3) saying in a nut shell "not to sound desperate but I want to draw it for free. " after giving details they seemingly vanish poof never to be seen again?

should I be worried about design thieves or, being paranoid?

input really wanted here!
My tufts are the V.I.P yo tufts got the H.I.V, my tufts make the boys go wild! Yo tufts make them drive away for miles.

Offline gaga

Re: not sure what too think?
«Reply #1: February 20, 2014, 08:48:23 PM»
Can you word yourself better? Your thread makes no sense.

Someone offered to draw your character for free and you're paranoid that they're going to steal them?

Offline Spooki

«Reply #2: February 20, 2014, 09:07:21 PM»
Offering to draw for free and then vanishing... I doubt it's anything to worry about. Stuff does come up and it's not like any money changed hands (and thus no real obligation was made to really do anything) - I really doubt anyone is out to steal your design dear, they probably just had something come up, be patient and have a little faith!
~~ Putting the square block in the round hole since 1985 ~~

I can be reached on Furc as Spooki

Offline gaga

«Reply #3: February 20, 2014, 09:19:59 PM»
Especially if they offered their service for free. It's poor manners to be impatient over something that was offered at no charge.

A person may have other things pop up and they may not ultimately end up doing it.

Since this isn't a business transaction of any sort, if nothing comes of this, you can't claim that this was a scam in the slightest.

Offline Bixbite

«Reply #4: February 23, 2014, 07:19:23 PM»
Mm well it just seems odd to me guess I am paranoid. I have had several designs stolen from me in the past, not to mention a person posing as me on furc

but to clarify, I will post seeking for art and have about two people pm me asking to do it for free if is not involving the freebie board or any of the regular visitors of this site

I just have found it a bit odd to have some one with no examples or persons pming me
My tufts are the V.I.P yo tufts got the H.I.V, my tufts make the boys go wild! Yo tufts make them drive away for miles.

Offline gaga

«Reply #5: February 24, 2014, 04:37:15 AM»
Even if someone steals your designs, we really can't do anything about it. The most that we can serve for is to issue a warning over it, we have no power over people who use designs in-game.

If you were suspicious of someone doing free things for you without any sort of examples, etc, then don't accept their offer. You weren't obligated to say yes.

If things like this are an issue for you, its best that you keep your references to yourself to keep yourself 'safe'?

Something may happen, something may not happen.