turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Aitsena  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Quintia

Aitsena
«: June 09, 2014, 02:49:18 PM»
Wondering if anyone can help out with any contact info for an artist thats taken the money and not produced the goods, for whatever reason.

I commissioned Aitsena on DA over a month ago (May 1st) for a portrait of one of my alts. I know from a friend she can sometimes take a little while, so I thought nothing of it for a week or two. So the original commission was the 1st of May, I contacted for an update on the 19th, and 28th. Got nothing back, notes showing as unread.

I have noted them (4th of June) a third time stating I want my money back, they haven't kept in contact, they haven't made any effort at all to just drop a quick note to say they're having IRL issues etc.

Before anyone says anything, for some dumb reason I sent payment via paypal as a friend/family. Never have before, no idea why I did now. I've always thought of them as a well known, and reliable artist who produces beautiful ports, so this kinda seems out of character of them to me?

So if anyone has any info on whats a'cracking or another way to contact her, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Offline Grumpyskunk

Re: Aitsena
«Reply #1: June 09, 2014, 09:20:50 PM»
She shot me a note on May 14th and said she was caught up with some irl deadlines when I changed my commission.

There was also a previous journal, if I'm remembering correctly that said she was having internet issues and would be uploading things in big batches when she can get a connection, but it seems to have been deleted now.

I've commissioned her multiple times and always find her reliable and good with communication so I am very inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she's having a lot of irl things going on.

Offline Quintia

«Reply #2: June 10, 2014, 09:05:55 AM»
She shot me a note on May 14th and said she was caught up with some irl deadlines when I changed my commission.

There was also a previous journal, if I'm remembering correctly that said she was having internet issues and would be uploading things in big batches when she can get a connection, but it seems to have been deleted now.

I've commissioned her multiple times and always find her reliable and good with communication so I am very inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she's having a lot of irl things going on.

I totally understand we all get IRL busy, its just the fact that I've paid for a service and I've heard nothing back, I find it down right rude. In the end, commissioners are customers, we pay for a service. If you went to a shop and paid, never got the goods, you'd be pissed. The principle is the same for me. I'm hoping its just IRL busy, I always thought she was reliable etc.

Offline Behemoth

«Reply #3: June 11, 2014, 09:41:13 AM»
I recently commissioned her this year as well, and my commission took about 3-4 months to be completed. We kept contact every now and then, but though I had similar suspicions, I did not ask for refunds or continually note her until the product was finished.

During this time, her journal expressing her internet issues and plans to upload in batches was not posted until 2 months into the commission... all the while other portraits were being uploaded, but of course, I still waited patiently. I could've been a little more demanding on my end for sure, but I always admired her portraits and I thought against it. After doing a few commissions myself, I know how annoying it could be to be asked constantly on the progress, but it isn't just a $5 transaction so it does warrant a little bit of worry.

Eventually the portrait was completed (after a few months) and I was okay with it. It wasn't as breathtaking as I hoped, but I was still happy. I sure as hell wasn't going to ask for anything to be altered, thinking it may take weeks/months longer for that to get done.

With my experience with noting her, I noticed it took some time for my note to get read/replied to (a week or two maybe? at the soonest, a few days) and saw her come on every now and then on an alt I recognized to be hers. Seeing as your commission is a month old now, I think the best bet is to buckle down and be patient (i only assume she is continuing to have issues with internet etc) - I had a very long wait and took some time to hear back - but I was assured she was still working on it and I eventually did get my finished product. Sorry for a 'useless' post if this is that, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents and say don't worry too hard yet.

Offline Mayim

«Reply #4: June 11, 2014, 12:29:11 PM»
You may be waiting a while. I know I commissioned her back in... I want to say the end of last year. I paid for a full reference sheet including a feral form, and an additional port, and I've gotten two WIPs, the second which she made after completely getting rid of the other so she could start fresh with the inspiration for it, and I got his port. I haven't heard anything since like... March, myself, and yeah. She has done ports in between and apologized on the delay. I realize mine is a bigger project, but it does have a lot of money riding on it and she has updated me when she was able to get online.

As far as I am aware however, people like my girlfriend have paid and waited without word for much longer, and Anestia is doing IRL work right now.

I have her on Skype and she's always set to Do Not Disturb, so I can't be much more help than saying to add Rios to Pounce; that's the last alt she contacted me on.

Offline Quintia

«Reply #5: June 11, 2014, 06:09:14 PM»

Thanks for the info, I've added as many alts of hers as I've managed to find out about. So just a waiting game right now.

As far as I'm concerned, at the end of the day I'm a paying customer, and its down to her to ensure she can complete the work in a reasonable time frame. Commissions shouldn't be taken on board if she can't complete them in such a manner, and can't maintain adequate contact. Its just rude. $30 is a lot of money to me, so I'm pretty peeved in all honesty.

Offline gaga

«Reply #6: June 12, 2014, 04:00:45 PM»
Seeing as some people have waited longer than you, maybe you should take a step back from this?

A month isn't a very long time in comparison to waiting half a year for larger commissions.
If anyone needs to be prioritized, its Hayden, not you, in this sort of situation.

As two people have come in and explained why there are issues in communication, you still seem to be on the offensive. If she has an IRL job, would it make sense for her to drop it just to do a 30 dollar icon that pays out to be less than minimum wage?

I can understand being frustrated for being kept waiting, but impatience on this scale does nobody good.

Offline Eliotte

«Reply #7: August 02, 2014, 10:29:47 PM»
I'm sure by now you're well aware, but for those of you who are not

http://aitsena.deviantart.com/journal/Please-read-if-you-are-a-current-commissioner-471702982#comments

This is the journal she posted a few days ago, please take the time to read it.

A little off topic: but my experience with Aitsena has always been positive. This woman is incredibly professional, and would never purposefully take money and run. I hope you two are able to sort the issue out regardless though!

Perhaps this is solved now. :)