turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: mouse or tablet??  (Read 2171 times)

Lockstep

• Topic Author
mouse or tablet??
«: June 14, 2008, 12:39:23 PM»
am i the only person that still uses a mouse?! ): ahahah

Offline Snake

Re: mouse or tablet??
«Reply #1: June 14, 2008, 12:47:57 PM»
I still use a mouse. Haha.

Didn't even get used to the tablet before my pups ate the pen.

Premade Ports - Designs - Port Commissions
In-game contact: Snake/Lucah

Offline io

«Reply #2: June 14, 2008, 12:56:38 PM»
I usually use the mouse, only because I use the Photoshop pen tool and it would be impossible with a tablet. o.o; When I'm just drawing in paint I try and use my tablet but it takes a long time to get used to. I still love it, though.

Offline Azula

«Reply #3: June 14, 2008, 01:21:31 PM»
only because I use the Photoshop pen tool and it would be impossible with a tablet.

bull shit LOL.

i have a laptop and cannot use my touch pad so i use my tablet..

Offline alexandra

«Reply #4: June 14, 2008, 01:29:08 PM»
TABLET.

i dont even have a mouse anymore, i ditched that like two years ago. i use the tablet for everything. but now it's breaking so i might have to get accostomed to my mouse again blahhh.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #5: June 14, 2008, 01:40:28 PM»
I used to draw and color everything with the mouse all the time, until my bestfriend Ruka told me about tablets. I told my mum, who always supports my art and buys me things I'd want to try out art-wise, and she told my dad who has all the money and we went and found a WACOM tablet at Circuit City.

Then I just used the mouse to outline and color portraits but upon moving from a computer to a laptop, touchpad mouse sucks. So I use a tablet 100% now instead of for sketching ports and drawing larger images

Though for awhile when my old tablet broke I had to go back to using the mouse to draw everything until my new tablet came in (I love you www.aiptek.com)

Offline Sapphirus

«Reply #6: June 14, 2008, 02:09:51 PM»
I've been using the mouse for computer art all my life, I switch between that and the laptop pad now for my work.
But....I want a tablet though.

Sesruc

• Topic Author
«Reply #7: June 14, 2008, 02:39:49 PM»
i use a wacom intuos for all my art done on the computer
from sketching (some exceptions) to lining to coloring
i don't know what i'd do without my tablet

and i use a mouse for everything else

Offline io

«Reply #8: June 14, 2008, 03:04:48 PM»
only because I use the Photoshop pen tool and it would be impossible with a tablet.

bull shit LOL.

i have a laptop and cannot use my touch pad so i use my tablet..

Ha, well that's just me. I'm not very steady with my tablet as it is. =x

Offline Feri

«Reply #9: June 14, 2008, 03:41:48 PM»
... I use a touchpad mouse on my laptop...

... C:

Offline Hugo

«Reply #10: June 14, 2008, 11:59:09 PM»
Mouse for ports. Tablet for CGs.

PS, you can get a huge-screen HyperPen for 80-90 bucks. They last forever.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 12:00:44 AM by Hugo »

Offline Pumpkin

«Reply #11: June 15, 2008, 11:31:59 AM»
Tablet.
I can barely draw in pencil anymore, haha. Only time I use the mouse though is normal browsing, clicking, and lining/coloring ports. Everything else is typically my tablet. I love it so.
-Quit Furcadia. HARK.-

Offline Goldrush

«Reply #12: June 15, 2008, 04:02:37 PM»
I always use a mouse, unless I'm doing a big piece of art, which is raaaare. I have much more control over the mouse, Lockstep, your stuff is amazing for mouse-done work. @[email protected]
SUP DAWG. WE HEARD YOU LIKE CARS SO WE PUT A CAR IN YO CAR SO YOU CAN DRIVE WHILE YOU DRIVE.

http://www.hazel-rah.webs.com

Offline Sync

«Reply #13: June 16, 2008, 07:10:22 PM»
i use mouse when i'm on my mac, but trackpoint when i'm on my laptop.

i don't really like using tablets.

Offline Jenni

«Reply #14: June 16, 2008, 07:47:29 PM»
mouse for all pixel, tablet for all cg. n_n

Offline Morgan

«Reply #15: June 17, 2008, 12:22:16 AM»
like jenni, mouse for pixel, tablet for everything else.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #16: June 17, 2008, 03:41:32 AM»
When working on ports, I use the tablet to do the line art and the mouse to clean it.

For drawing I usually use the tablet, but on occasion I will use a mouse in oekaki.

Offline Safiye

«Reply #17: June 20, 2008, 10:18:57 AM»
Up until two months ago, I did everything by laptop touchpad (mostly) or mouse (When one was available). Then I bought a tablet, and am having this wild love affair with it. I thought it was going to be hard to learn to use but it was so natural the first time I took it out of the box I was painting with it like I'd been doing it my whole life. I LOVE IT. Best art supply I ever bought ever.

Offline Ean

«Reply #18: June 20, 2008, 10:35:26 AM»
 Before I even got my first tablet, before I got photoshop, before I had any good art program, I was using actual drawings from paper to make those ports. I always used MS Paint for a lot of them. Those were rough times, I swear.

But now that I have a tablet, photoshop, the works, I am able to use all of them in certain ways. However, I am not to sure how I can handle not using all at once in some way for each piece... Hm.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #19: June 20, 2008, 11:53:06 AM»
When I first got my tablet I never used it; now I only use a mouse at work because I have to.

It's easier on my wrist to just use my pen stylus thingy for everything instead of a mouse, so I do. :B TABLET ALL THE WAY WOO

(But I do scan things in sometimes.)

Offline Glory

«Reply #20: June 21, 2008, 09:07:48 PM»
I've never touched a tablet (except for this online tutoring... its too small to draw with though).
So! I am a mouse user. Use it for my portraits and pixel pieces, and even the rare digital / oekaki piece.

Offline Nny

«Reply #21: June 24, 2008, 02:58:27 AM»
Mouse for everything.
I've never had a tablet and doubt I will anytime soon, lol.