turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: aiptek?  (Read 588 times)

Offline Booker

aiptek?
«: June 15, 2008, 05:09:13 PM»
i've been wanting and, well.. sort of needing a new tablet for a while now. this is the second wacom i've had where the usb cord has sort of fizzled and worn, and the eraser doesn't.. react, for lack of a better word. i try not to be careless with my tablets, buuut this will be the 3rd tablet i'll have purchased, and wacom's slightly larger overpriced ones uh.. don't cut it. they aren't in my budget, and i'd rather get a new tablet rather than one that's been used because i'm paranoid. i've been thinking about getting an aiptek tablet, but are they longlasting? if i accidently drop it, will it survive a few small hits? i think i want to get an 8 x 6 hyperpen. the wacom one i'm using now is too tiny e__e

tl;dr

are aiptek tablets worth it? tough? will they last me more than a year if i'm careful?

Offline Eevee

Re: aiptek?
«Reply #1: June 15, 2008, 05:29:34 PM»
I have an 8x6 hyperpen aiptek tablet. I've had it since april of last year and it hasn't failed me yet, unlike the wacom tablet I had. The wires inside the cord broke where the cord goes into the tablet and they melted the plastic covering e_e My aiptek has gotten dropped, almost sat on, squished by my laptop, and used nonstop and its still working as well as it did the day I bought it.

I think they're worth it. They're durable compared to wacom and the tablet itself is kind of larger than wacom tablets so you have some room to rest your arm without it falling off, though the drawing space is just 8x6.

Not sure if they all do, but some of them have hotkeys set up above the drawing area and you can assign different things to them such as web urls, save, copy, paste, etc. and to use them you just touch the hotkey you want to use above the drawing area on the tablet.

the only downside, I'm assuming all aiptek tablet pens are like this, there is no "eraser" on the tablet pen. You have to switch to the eraser tool in your art program

Offline Booker

Re: aiptek?
«Reply #2: June 15, 2008, 05:52:56 PM»
the only downside, I'm assuming all aiptek tablet pens are like this, there is no "eraser" on the tablet pen. You have to switch to the eraser tool in your art program

well, that's fine. i'm used it by now anyway from this silly pen. the hotkeys would definitely be a plus though. and the size is certainly a plus because i'm tired of this itty bitty tablet @[email protected] there's barely enough room for my to rest my left hand on it, let alone my arm. thanks for the info though, it's great to hear that it's a durable tablet