turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help, please?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Adielle

Help, please?
«: January 13, 2008, 12:22:36 AM»
So, I am currently a bit stuck.  I don't know whether I should attempt some digital media painting, or simply traditionally paint or use copics on this piece:

Any ideas?  I still need to ink it up, but I am at a loss to which medium I prefer.  Digital is definitely not my forte, but then, I do need pratice, I just don't know if this piece is a bit much for practicing with, as I tend to give up on digital pieces rather easily, as I have little to no patience with photoshop.

Help?
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

Offline Pumpkin

Re: Help, please?
«Reply #1: January 14, 2008, 08:49:55 AM»
Wow, lovely style.
When you can't decide on a medium, why not do two? You say you need the practice digitally, yet you want to do a kind of..traditional, no? Why not ink and scan, then color traditionally and have it saved for digital practice?
I am ms. obvious, and i'm sure at least somebody will point that out. oO
-Quit Furcadia. HARK.-

Sesruc

«Reply #2: January 14, 2008, 11:18:03 AM»
I agree with Nano.

Unless you are inclined to strictly stick with one medium only, do both.

Offline Adielle

«Reply #3: January 14, 2008, 08:10:20 PM»
I suppose I will try, thanks.  :)

I guess I am just abit intimidated with photoshop.  I tend to start pieces and never finish them when I try digital, but I really want to make at least one work.

That was my last attempt so far to work digitally, and its not gone past that point. ><  I hope I can get up the nerve to finsh it ONE day, but I have trouble keeping up my patience.

My Gallery.

Sesruc

«Reply #4: January 14, 2008, 08:28:58 PM»
Ooo. It's nice. :"3

Everything is really smooth in that piece. Hopefully, you won't get so discouraged so easily.

Offline Adielle

«Reply #5: January 14, 2008, 08:42:29 PM»
Smooth, but the skin alone took me at least an hour of adding color and usign the smudge tool at insanely zoomed in canvas.  XD  Killed my eyes, it did.

I suppose I am improving a bit though, so I guess I will try on the new piece, and maybe even finish up this last one if I get up the nerve.  :p  Thanks, hon.  :)

My Gallery.

Offline Haruhi Green

«Reply #6: January 16, 2008, 06:30:34 AM»
when that picture is finished, that will be an amazing piece of artwork.
Whisper me in game.
Main- Innera
Other- Haruhi green

Jinxchu @ FAM

Offline Sanne

«Reply #7: January 16, 2008, 08:57:07 AM»
Sweet doll, if you want to give it a try at painting don't use photoshop. Use openCanvas 3 or 4. Photoshop can be great to work with, but I feel with your style you'd be more comfy with OC. :3

Much love~
"Deep down inside, you wish you were skinny."
"No. Deep down inside, you wish you had half the confidence I have to be yourself."

Offline Adielle

«Reply #8: January 17, 2008, 08:17:04 PM»
Ooo, I just downloaded OpenCanvas, actually.  Might have to give it a try.  Aria/BRee/Banda told me the same.  I just hate having to get the hang of a new program, but I will try it out.  Thanks, Sadil'darlin'.

My Gallery.

Offline Sanne

«Reply #9: January 18, 2008, 01:14:31 AM»
OC isn't a hard program to get used to. It's very basic, but its tools allow you to use more watercolor and acrylic types of brushes. They're adjustable to whatever you're comfortable with.

The free version is a little limited (1.1), but if you ever need an upgrade I can give you a copy of my 3.03 version. :3

(As a tip, set your colorless drawing to multiply and try to paint under it. 1.1 does this standard to -all- layers you create, so if you're not comfortable with that setting try 3.03 or higher.)
"Deep down inside, you wish you were skinny."
"No. Deep down inside, you wish you had half the confidence I have to be yourself."

anything