turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Suggsz  (Read 2521 times)

Offline jpak

Suggsz
«: December 19, 2007, 08:29:34 AM»
Okay, I hope this is in the right place. It's 8 AM and I've barely slept.. so some of this might come out sketchy but I need to get it down before I forget it all.

1.) Could there be, like.. some sort of break down for "status" of a member profile?
Say, like. a link to a popup or sommat. Something that deals with commissions. I know not all artists do commissions, but the greater majority do.. so it could be like an option that can be turned on or off.
But one that basically covers these tenants:
-Commission Status (Open/Closed/Limited)
-A Pricing List
-And a sort've current queue.
Since it's optional, its up to the disgression of said artist on the upkeep of the thingo..
and on the last thing, the queue, I was thinking it'd be really super awesome to have, like..  a system that shows what percentage is finished with a person in the queue.
For example, say a queue has 2 commissions
-Bob (Remappable Portrait) (Info received) (*)****
-Tom (CG Char Art) (Waiting on info) ( )----
Explanation: Okay, so, obviously:
 -- 1.) the name of the commissioner.
 -- 2.) What type of commission
 -- 3.) Whether or not info is received (This could be a glowing or faded star/icon)
 -- 4.) The * in parenthesis would be another glowing or faded star of another color in order to symbolize whether it has been paid for or not, yet.
 --5.) The last four glowing or faded stars/icons would be the progress of each individual piece. IE: *=~25% ; **=~50% ; etcetc.

ALTERNATIVELY-- there could be just a journal somewhere or something (like dev) where the artist can upkeep this status crap. (I can't keep up with Forums fast enough.)

------------------
2.) I noticed that following bulk uploads it gives you one option: Being, to return to my images. Could there be like.. two more options, say, that returns you to your gallery and one that lets you keep uploading bulk in the same section? I realize this is kinda petty considering it only matters, really, when you're uploading bulk during start up... and I forget how it is for individual upload, but it might help just a little bit, even.

----------------------
3.) The "add an image" link etc is misleading in the "My Images" section. ; ; I mean, how i figure, you're always gonna get the error that you need to create a category, right? This is kinda unimportant, too, but its for simplicity's sake. :>

--------------------------
4.) Is there a way you can allow comments on comments? Like, if someone were to critique a piece for you.. to be able to thank them directly or something like that. Instead of commenting on your own work and never having that other person notified that you replied back! Which brings up another thing-- some people might want the option to request advanced critiques on certain pieces while others don't want any? Kind of a frivalous option seen on devart, maybe, but it could help..

Anyway, that's it. :>
None of these have to be taken seriously, but its just things I thought about while running around.

Mebbe someday we can get iconshortcuts to reference other members and favorites and friends lists and stuff like devart. x) Or maybe that's just overkill.

I can live without. :D

That is all, ilu, great job on everything, and thanks for creating this communityyyy~

-j
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 08:32:38 AM by jpak »

Offline Glory

Re: Suggsz
«Reply #1: December 19, 2007, 05:37:31 PM»
(Hope i can add to this maybe? since im like alot of these suggestions)
Do you guys think you'll be adding a 'favorite' list or any sort of place to keep a list of the pieces you like an' such?
Also a notifier for art (of people you want to 'watch'/be notified of their submissions) would be great too; its not mandatory/needed viltaly, but it saves looking about 7 categorys, then even more sub-categorys.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: December 19, 2007, 06:28:14 PM»
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them and see what I can do. I'll be honest that I'm not a huge programmer like Creative is over at FAM, but I do what I can.

jpak suggestion no. 1 - I have something in mind that should be doable and would solve your problem. (Though it wouldn't involve a nifty sliding bar for progress updates.) Also, I'll look into adding a blog/journal system for individual users.

jpak suggestion no. 2 - I look into it. That shouldn't be difficult to solve and would be a nice little addition.

jpak suggestion no. 3 - I'll see what I can do about getting that out of the code. I agree that it is a little misleading.

jpak suggestion no. 4 - Comments to comments might be tough for me. If it happens, I wouldn't count on it soon. Remember though, you can post comments to an individual on their profile page.

Kosh suggestions no. 1 - All I can say is, I'll see what I can do.

Again, thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Creative

«Reply #3: December 20, 2007, 09:14:59 AM»
That's why I'm here to VOLUNTEER! (If I start getting PMs on this site from people thinking I'm staff I swear to whatever God you believe in, I will destroy you)

Just gotta get some stuff done with FAMv4 and I'll help you turn some suggestions into reality.
<?php echo "Though I may have access and the ability to ban you, I am NOT STAFF. So do NOT send me PM thinking I am. You may just end up banned on a site where I do have power.."; ?>

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: December 20, 2007, 12:36:15 PM»
Yes Yes. Ignore his administrator tag. That's only so he can see the behind the scenes settings. We all <3 you Josh.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Creative

«Reply #5: December 20, 2007, 02:17:06 PM»
Fixed.. Made myself a new rank.
<?php echo "Though I may have access and the ability to ban you, I am NOT STAFF. So do NOT send me PM thinking I am. You may just end up banned on a site where I do have power.."; ?>

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #6: December 20, 2007, 03:00:31 PM»
Teech me o greet master

Offline Creative

«Reply #7: December 21, 2007, 03:06:15 PM»

Offline lolo

«Reply #8: December 21, 2007, 05:09:05 PM»
I was thinking a critique board would be nice.
A place for getting anatomy help, redlining and design help and such.
Just a thought.
:3
Everyone had got something in hand cept natty dread

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: December 21, 2007, 05:29:04 PM»
I was thinking a critique board would be nice.
A place for getting anatomy help, redlining and design help and such.
Just a thought.
:3

empire spoketh, and it was done.

Offline Glory

«Reply #10: December 22, 2007, 02:25:12 PM»
Question/Suggest,
Is there anyway to submit Prose/Poems/Writing (besides making it into a image)? or is this a purely Pictureart gallery?

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #11: December 22, 2007, 03:03:09 PM»
Well i fyou wanted it in your GALLERY I suppose you could make it into a decorate image thing to read? Otherwise, we could make a forum for it?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #12: January 02, 2008, 11:40:58 PM»
jpak suggestion no. 1 - This should be solved with the new profiles. You can add the information to the about me section.

Offline jpak

«Reply #13: January 03, 2008, 03:15:32 AM»
Sweeeeeeeet. Thanks for all your work, f'sho.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #14: January 07, 2008, 10:35:54 PM»
jpak suggestion No. 1 - I've stepped up the profiles a notch for you. There are now blogs for each user!

kosh suggestion No. 1 - You can't enable favorite artwork, but you can add your favorite artists as buddies!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:52:12 PM by Narnia »