turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Wacom Bamboo?  (Read 2302 times)

Offline KissGravity

Wacom Bamboo?
«: July 01, 2008, 04:27:09 PM»
Okay, so my old Adesso tablet kicked the bucket, and I'm interested in buying another one.

And I'm looking at google, and I'm seeing these Bamboo tablets all over the place.   So, does anyone know anything about them??

My old tablet never supported pen pressure, and I really want one that does that, and also one that is compatable with Photoshop and Paint.  As well as oekaki.

So if you have one that you think is really great, could you tell me the name and a little about it?

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:33:20 PM by KissGravity »

Offline Hathor

Re: Wacom Bamboo?
«Reply #1: July 01, 2008, 04:34:26 PM»
I think the Wacom Bamboos are awesome, I had ONE problem with mine, and that was the wire seemed to come loose, but I think it's cos my dad tripped over it one time lmao. So I got another one anyway. I love it so much that I suggested a couple of my friends to get one, and one has, she seems to be doing alright with it too. I use mine with Paint, Photoshop CS and openCanvas and it is fine with those programs, never tried it with oekaki though. And it does have pressure settings.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #2: July 01, 2008, 05:18:22 PM»
if you're in the US, I recommend tablets from www.aiptek.com they're cheaper but more durable than wacom tablets.

I've had mine over a year and its been through hell and hasn't failed me yet~

Sesruc

«Reply #3: July 01, 2008, 06:21:11 PM»
i have an intuos

my friend just got her bamboo a few days ago and she loves it

/pointless

Maeve

«Reply #4: July 01, 2008, 06:21:23 PM»
I have one.
Its great. (:

Offline Morgan

«Reply #5: July 02, 2008, 11:56:31 AM»
i have a refurbished graphire4
as for cheapness goes, that's about as cheap as you can get. i got mine for $45 including shipping on amazon, and i've had it for over a year with no problems. idk how big you want your tablet, but can't beat $45 for a 5x4 graphire4.

THAT BEING SAID, I HAVE NEVER TRIED A BAMBOO. I DON'T KNOW I WANTED TO POST TOO.

Offline Zim

«Reply #6: July 02, 2008, 01:40:10 PM»
All Wacoms are pretty good. It's textured, which means your pen tip is more likely to break down / wear out faster, but... it's still a wacom. If you really want a tablet though, I'd recommend a Graphire. Most places don't carry them anymore, so you'd have to check online, but myself and most people I know that have had one love it. They have the pressure sensitivity you want, without the texture that speeds up breaking down the pen.

You may disagree, but those are my two cents.

Offline KissGravity

«Reply #7: July 02, 2008, 02:45:44 PM»
Zim, that was really helpful.
I'll look into both.  ^^

Offline jaiex

«Reply #8: July 06, 2008, 02:41:29 AM»
Don't get the Bamboo, it's good, but not compatible with ANYTHING.

I got a nice new sapphire Bamboo Fun, and it's cool and all but it isn't compatible with my printer? The printer/fax/scanner/copier/whatever won't work if it's plugged in. I have to deactivate the tablet, restart the computer, use the printer, then reactivate the tablet any time I want to print something. And it sucks. I had a Graphire 2 and used it on my boyfriend's computer, but because of this the Bamboo won't work with it. I hate it.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #9: July 10, 2008, 01:09:23 PM»
I dont have a bamboo, but my Wacom Graphire three has been running strong for a good three years.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #10: July 10, 2008, 03:31:20 PM»
Don't get the Bamboo, it's good, but not compatible with ANYTHING.

I got a nice new sapphire Bamboo Fun, and it's cool and all but it isn't compatible with my printer? The printer/fax/scanner/copier/whatever won't work if it's plugged in. I have to deactivate the tablet, restart the computer, use the printer, then reactivate the tablet any time I want to print something. And it sucks. I had a Graphire 2 and used it on my boyfriend's computer, but because of this the Bamboo won't work with it. I hate it.

sounds more like a problem with your computer or printer

Offline jaiex

«Reply #11: July 10, 2008, 05:08:38 PM»
It is the printer actually, but everything is brand new. My computer and printer are only 7 months old. It wouldn't work on my boyfriend's computer either.

Point being, if you have anything by HP, don't get a bamboo or bamboo fun.

Offline Aggro

«Reply #12: July 13, 2008, 09:14:38 AM»
my intuos died so i got a bamboo

and it's just as good! hi5!

Offline Sheepdust

«Reply #13: July 23, 2008, 02:58:14 PM»
I have a bamboo, and it works like a dream. :3

Offline Telelia

«Reply #14: July 27, 2008, 08:38:48 AM»
i have had a bamboo since my b- day lasst year, it workd with adobe photo shop, Corel [or is it Coral], and a few other art programs like furcadia fox and paint... i do have an HP computer, my printer is old, and my bamboo works just fine even with the printer printing.
The only problem i have had with the pen, is the pen part stoped working [any suggestions on how to make it work again??] so i use the eraser part, still works like the pen, unless if its in photo shop
Do we fear the darkness, or is it the light that shines so bright?

Offline Skink

«Reply #15: July 27, 2008, 09:14:14 AM»
I've heard good and bad about the Bamboo. Some people think it's got shoddy reply, others that it kicks the bucket after a long enough time. I've got a wacom graphire myself, have for 3+ years, and that's constant use. Since I got it I have never, ever used a mouse, for drawing or even for surfing the web. The only problem is with the pen, because after all those years of being fumbled around, the eraser end finally stopped working and some of the pen grip is coming off. Morgan's idea isn't that bad...cheap and good.