turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Free Digo Day  (Read 5194 times)

Offline La-la

Free Digo Day
«: July 04, 2008, 01:22:55 PM»
Honestly, I can't believe some people actually have a problem with the day. I never thought I'd end up being flamed by ten different people after agreeing that someone who didn't enjoy the day was a snob. I don't feel like REexplaining everything so I'll just post logs and edit out the furry's name.

person:  Can I ask you a question?
Lala: maybe baby
person: Do you like Digo day?
Lala: i infact do. i think its a great way for furc to earn buisness.
person: Care to explain how it helps furc earn buisness?
Lala: because it lets people without digos try them out, and if they enjoy them enough, then they'll probably purchase them :) even if not ONE person buys a digo because of DD, its a fun day for people that cant afford them, or don't want to spend money on a pixelated chatroom. it doesnt hurt anyone. if people who have digos think its unfair because now everyone gets to be like them for free, then they can close furc for the day. if people think it gets "too crowded", they can move their pixel character to another dream. DD isnt that big of a deal, and imo the only people that make a big deal out of it are the people who believe its unfair for people to use, for free, the pixels they had to pay for.
person: But yes, DD day has some perks. People who can't afford digo's get a day to run around in them. See, I personally dislike digo day. Not because I don't like people getting free pixels that I paid hard earned cash for. I don't even own any of the digo's they offer for free on Digo day. But because, like you said, it does get crowded. Because everyone and their brother spams the visual areas with these HUGE digo's. I shouldn't have to move to another dream, uproot my character's 'home' persay for RP, just because some people feel the need to spam a good thing. While it may seems like a good thing, for people to 'try' out a digo before they purchase it, most often then not, people will not buy them. One, not many people spend money on a pixelated, over-rated chatroom. And two, because some people are underage, have no job, or have no way of purchasing things online.
Lala: so you're saying, if digos were free, or if everyone could afford them, then you'd just give up furc because some dreams would become "too crowded?"
person: Most likely, to be honest. See, the whole perk about having digo's is because it's something not everyone else has. Yeah, there are some bragging rights that come with having digo's, especially lifers. But mostly, it shows that you support the game buy purchasing pixelated features that in the begining, you did not start with. That's the big difference between digo day and a normal day on furc. Digo day, anyone can put on a big digo and walk around, where as on a regular day, the only people who have digo's were either given to them, won them in contests, or spent their money on them. The whole point of digo's, when they came out with them, was for DEP to make a profit on a free online RPG game.
Lala: and the point has apparently turned from profit to "See, the whole perk about having digo's is because it's something not everyone else has. Yeah, there are some bragging rights that come with having digo's, especially lifers." which, in my opinion, is what an elitist is. one of the people who has digos, and looks down on the people who don't, or, believe they have bragging rights over people in a pixelated chatroom. and i believe its those people who have a problem with the day, with 24 hours. if  it truly bothers said elitists that much, then all they have to do is walk away from furc for twenty four hours. or even ten, now. the digos WERE created as a source of profit, but what they've turned into is trophies for elitists who look down on people that don't have any.
person: Did I ever say that I looked down on people who didn't have any digos? No. And I don't. I've played this overrated chatroom for more then ten years, and for atleast 3/4's of that time, I was digo less. No ports, no digo's, nothing. So, if the fact that I earned money from my job, and decided to spend it on digo's for my pixels, makes me an elitist, then by all means label me and elitist. And yeah, like I said, I hate digo day. But it doesn't mean that I'm going to walk away from the game. I grin and bear it. The day will be over soon, and then us big, mean, elistist will go back to being the only ones with digo's.
Lala: no, what makes you an elitist is the fact you resent the day because other people have what you have, too.
person: There you go, twisting my words.
Lala: "See, the whole perk about having digo's is because it's something not everyone else has."
person: I resent the day, because to me, it's pointless. I could really honestly care if people have butter for life, or SS. Or even a dragon. It's the fact that people, ON PURPOSE, spam areas with the digo's because they can. Not because it's something they are interested in purchasing, or because it fits their character and they can't afford it.
person: care less*
Lala: how are they spamming? they're using something that might have been previously unavailable to them because they enjoy it. i dont see 300 dragons in tgt. i see people trying out the digos because its now available to them, where it might not have been in the past because of money, or because they dont believe in spending said money on pixelated wings that don't even fly.
Lala: i think the only people who have problems with the day are people who have problems with others having the same things for free, when they paid for them.

Then Smidge called and I started ignoring them. Opinions/thoughts?

Offline Lord

Re: Free Digo Day
«Reply #1: July 05, 2008, 12:32:14 AM»
it is an extremely good way for furc to get their products out there, in somewhat of a test-run of the product. i myself wasnt really fond of the phoenixes until my second free digo day, and i tried it out. i liked it! and that also goes for finding out which digos you think you might like, but really dont. i was about to waste my money on a Life Dragon, until that same digo day, and i found that that, eh, it wasn't really for me. got a life gryffe instead (beating myself up for not getting a life phoe!), but i did enjoy it, though not as much as the phoe.

but i do know what people would find annoying about it. the dragon breath, the phoenix flames, and anything else that these digos could bring thats big and flashy, and idiots constantly clicking the flame button as if their life depended on it. i find -that- annoying.

free digos for everyone for a day? great idea! dumbasses abusing the digos powers? not awesome.

Offline Goldrush

«Reply #2: July 05, 2008, 06:11:13 AM»
Digo day's just a bit of fun isn't it? No harm. edit: That person's just a spoil sport.
SUP DAWG. WE HEARD YOU LIKE CARS SO WE PUT A CAR IN YO CAR SO YOU CAN DRIVE WHILE YOU DRIVE.

http://www.hazel-rah.webs.com

Offline Azula

«Reply #3: July 05, 2008, 06:49:30 AM»
i dont have a problem with digo day.. it's just all those fucking cockstains who come out of their little holes and spam the fuck out of the main maps annoy the piss out of EVERY FUCKING ONE.

Offline sarragh

«Reply #4: July 05, 2008, 07:52:51 AM»
i dont have a problem with digo day.. it's just all those fucking cockstains who come out of their little holes and spam the fuck out of the main maps annoy the piss out of EVERY FUCKING ONE.

... then go to a dream

Offline Tony

«Reply #5: July 05, 2008, 10:20:05 AM»

... then go to a dream

I think she means the people who start those trains in the middle of AI, then run around, pushing the phoenix flame button over and over again. Which causes lag, and like other people have said, annoyance.

Offline Schwarz

«Reply #6: July 05, 2008, 12:14:34 PM»
I loooove free digo day. Mostly because I don't like to spend very much on digos, so it's nice to have a day where I can use them without paying. &, of course, if an alt looks really good with a certain digo, I'm more inclined to buy one.

But yeah, all the spam gets annoying really quick. Usually I have an alt idling in AI to catch whispers, but it gets lagged out more often when there are a lot of people using the unicorn, dragon, & phoenix effects. It'd be nice if Furc put some sort of time limit in between using them, so you don't have people spamming it 100 times.
I'm glad you realize how miserable your life would be without me.
re-animator.net -- a vast waste of internet

Offline La-la

«Reply #7: July 05, 2008, 12:18:58 PM»
I agree with that, but the people who were whispering me and tryign to argue against DD were all sitting in The Golden Tether, and everyone was just sitting and roleplaying as usual, and they were arguing it was just crowded by everyone using digos, which I believe was bull.

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #8: July 05, 2008, 12:55:29 PM»
It's funny that this board was made because yesterday was the first time I had ever heard someone complain about it. I guess I've just been under a rock or something, but still.

Even if it causes people to think they're 'tough shit' (this was what someone else who dislikes DD said, I personally think it's hard think you are 'tough shit' when it's just pixels and everyone else can do it) and run around setting everything on fire and spitting rainbows, whatever. It's just a day. Might as well let people have their fun without RRRRRRRing at them.

The laggy congo-lines I can understand though. That would be pretty annoying on a main map, but.. at least it's only a day?
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Vinny

«Reply #9: July 05, 2008, 02:12:35 PM»
 They really need to just cancel the digo's flashy abilities or put a limit on them for Digo Day. D: I honestly don't see the point of having those (heart beam, phoe flame, etc.) on Digo Day when it's only to, like everyone said, try them out - If they really do buy a digo after Digo Day, they can consider the earlier mentioned abilities a bonus.

Personally, I'm debating getting a gryffe for my character because, well, it matches, and he's a griffin, gryphon, griffon, however you prefer to spell it.

Sesruc

«Reply #10: July 05, 2008, 03:33:53 PM»
i like free digo day
because well.. i get to be something that i don't have on my character

furcadia does free digo days on purpose: to advertise and to celebrate something by giving everyone the chance to wear a digo. for god's sake it's only a few freaking days a year. if people are gunna be a selfish asses, they can dish it out with DEP

and when people are tired of getting lagged and stuff, they can go hike their asses in a dream or not go on furc. it's as easy as that. there are plenty of idiots out there and you can't do squat to get rid of them.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:35:41 PM by Sesruc »

Offline La-la

«Reply #11: July 05, 2008, 03:38:27 PM»

and when people are tired of getting lagged and stuff, they can go hike their asses in a dream or not go on furc. it's as easy as that. there are plenty of idiots out there and you can't do squat to get rid of them.

I don't see why some people don't consider that an option

Offline Azula

«Reply #12: July 05, 2008, 04:55:43 PM»
this might be my libertarianism talking, but why do i have to move to a dream or actually get off furc because someone's impeding their bullshit on me? that seems really fucking stupid. they have their dreams that they stay in, why can't they fucking stay in there and do that immature shit?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 04:59:31 PM by Worm »

Offline La-la

«Reply #13: July 05, 2008, 04:59:12 PM»
this might be my libertarianism talking, but why do i have to move to a dream or actually get off furc because someone's impeding their bullshit on me? that seems really fucking stupid.

If you don't like what's happening, and can't change it around you, then either A) deal with it or B) move. There's not really a C option here. Furcadia is available to everyone for free based upon the digos they sell, unfortunately they don't have control whether they sell to morons or not, but in making digos free for every moron a couple days of the year (or is it one?), we're all able to continue using furc.

Offline Azula

«Reply #14: July 05, 2008, 05:02:21 PM»
i'm not going to move because someone thinks it's fun to come out of their little shitty dreams to fuck around. most of the time, they don't even buy the digos, because they're what? 12 years old and their parents won't buy them shit. so i don't see how it keeps furcadia going..

Offline La-la

«Reply #15: July 05, 2008, 05:04:55 PM»
most of the time, they don't even buy the digos, because they're what?

That's an opinion, really. A couple of people on this thread have already said they've bought digos after being able to try them out. It's one, or a couple, days of the year, that probably does help Furcadia, and if it doesn't, then it's just 24 hours, or even less.

Offline Azula

«Reply #16: July 05, 2008, 05:07:48 PM»
i was the people who fuck around and impede on other people. sure, i wanted a gryffe after a digo day, but i honestly never get around to it, because it's never on the top of my list.

i never said digo day was bad, just the people who think it's funny to spam the fuck out of MY screen because THEY think it's fun make it terrible.

Offline La-la

«Reply #17: July 05, 2008, 05:10:35 PM»
I was in TGT all of DD so didn't experience that.

Offline Azula

«Reply #18: July 05, 2008, 05:13:53 PM»
then you have no idea where my whole opinion comes from because you didn't see.

i am a huge libertarian and one of their political stances is basically "i don't fuck with you if you don't fuck with me." so if they're pushing themselves on my "personal space" when i never asked them to, how do you think i'm going to feel?

Sesruc

«Reply #19: July 05, 2008, 08:01:43 PM»
i understand what you mean by "i don't fuck with you if you don't fuck with me."
i honestly do.

but seeing as it is, if you're in the main maps you're gunna bound to be fucked with no matter what. it's public. if you were within a specific dream or something, it'd be different.

Offline Jenni

«Reply #20: July 05, 2008, 08:02:16 PM»
I personally don't understand why they did only the larger, more expensive digos yesterday as opposed to all of them.

Offline Lord

«Reply #21: July 05, 2008, 10:59:03 PM»

I don't see why some people don't consider that an option

because people spam dreams too??

not all dreams, no. but they -do- spam dreams. owners and staff can eject them or ban them, whatever, but it will still happen.

Offline Booker

«Reply #22: July 05, 2008, 11:02:06 PM»
I personally don't understand why they did only the larger, more expensive digos yesterday as opposed to all of them.

cheapskates. but i concur.. why not all of them??

if sales increase for digos AFTER dd, they may have only picked the more expensive ones for their gain? but still, people would be inclined to by cheaper digos if they got to use them aswell, wouldn't they?

Offline Lord

«Reply #23: July 05, 2008, 11:51:47 PM»

cheapskates. but i concur.. why not all of them??

if sales increase for digos AFTER dd, they may have only picked the more expensive ones for their gain? but still, people would be inclined to by cheaper digos if they got to use them aswell, wouldn't they?

more of the cheaper sales, WITH some of the more expensive sales, or just the more expensive sales...

i think if i was DEP i'd go with the first choice. even if you get more sales of the less-expensive items, it adds up, and they'll get some of the more expensive sales too.

but im thinking, maybe they'd like to restrict ALL digos for free for just furcadia's birthday?

Offline Ashuri

«Reply #24: July 07, 2008, 11:58:12 AM»
That is completely hilarious.  That person needs to pull their head out of their ass and quit being such a downer to everyone else who enjoys the day.

It's supposed to be a fun day for everyone.  Not for some smartass elitist to self-proclaim that Digo Day isn't fair.  It's called business xD

anything