turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price me?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Ryan

Price me?
«: July 05, 2008, 01:08:45 PM»
Hi guys. Right now I'm doing a sale where i do a full port for 1GD, but after this sale ends i want to know what prices would be appropriate pricing after it's done.

Here are some examples for commissions and gifts:

Characters © to respected owners.

So guys, what should my pricing be?

Offline Mala

Re: Price me?
«Reply #1: July 05, 2008, 02:30:09 PM»
$1

You've got a great style coming on, but your shading and anatomy need work.

Offline Ryan

«Reply #2: July 05, 2008, 02:40:21 PM»
$1

You've got a great style coming on, but your shading and anatomy need work.

All i got from that was practice more but keep you current pricing the same.

Thanks for the advice ^^;

Offline jaiex

«Reply #3: July 05, 2008, 03:00:11 PM»
I'd go for 3-4 at least. Anatomy-wise, you look okay, but I would work on shorter necks. You've got the right idea with the shading, but go even further! Use more shades to make the fur really pop. And watch out for stray pixels [the one on the tongue in the first port], unless those are meant to be there...if they are, I'd shade them with something like a darker fur color or whatever it fits with.

Hmm, that's all I can think of!

Oh! One more thing. XD I always find it handy, and I know other port artists do this too...with the eyes, make the pupil a little larger to fill up the iris space so they don't look as flat, and use darker/lighter grey shades near the white shine to make it look more detailed.

Okay, I'm done!

Sesruc

«Reply #4: July 05, 2008, 03:01:46 PM»
$2-3

jaiex explains things perfectly

you need to go further with shading :)

Offline Ryan

«Reply #5: July 05, 2008, 03:16:55 PM»
Ty, that actually helps a lot

Offline jaiex

«Reply #6: July 05, 2008, 10:54:59 PM»
No prob! And thanks. XD I'm trying to be one of those critiquers who points out the good and the 'needs work' and offers some advice on how to fix them. That's what I look for in a critique, anyway.

I like your canine ports! If I ever get off my butt and get my alt for my fursona started, I may have to commission you!

Offline Lord

«Reply #7: July 07, 2008, 02:43:17 AM»
i like the first one. something about the facial expression just gets me, lol

id say sescruc is right, 2-3.

also, you might want to expand your shading styles. dithering and realistic-looking fur shading styles come in handy when doing ferals. theres tons of tutorials on dA. when i started, i used Paint's dithering tutorial. its very nice

Offline Ryan

«Reply #8: July 07, 2008, 10:32:56 AM»
i like the first one. something about the facial expression just gets me, lol

id say sescruc is right, 2-3.

also, you might want to expand your shading styles. dithering and realistic-looking fur shading styles come in handy when doing ferals. theres tons of tutorials on dA. when i started, i used Paint's dithering tutorial. its very nice

TY for that <3333
that helps ALOT, i'll be sure to start dithering.

Offline jaiex

«Reply #9: July 07, 2008, 03:19:42 PM»
Ahh yeah! I forgot about dithering...derp. I think I did one of the first tutorials on it. http://cb-tomboi.deviantart.com/art/Big-Port-Tut-1-Sketch-Line-62636633 Is the tutorial Julie was talking about, I think. It comes in six parts. I would only dither in the non-fluffy places, though, like the face and the body. I forget the name, but somebody on here does portraits of ferals and does a LOT of dithering. She's in the 'offering artwork/ports' section.

Be sure to post the next port you do! I'd love to see the changes you've made. ^^

Offline Ryan

«Reply #10: July 07, 2008, 05:13:20 PM»
Ahh yeah! I forgot about dithering...derp. I think I did one of the first tutorials on it. http://cb-tomboi.deviantart.com/art/Big-Port-Tut-1-Sketch-Line-62636633 Is the tutorial Julie was talking about, I think. It comes in six parts. I would only dither in the non-fluffy places, though, like the face and the body. I forget the name, but somebody on here does portraits of ferals and does a LOT of dithering. She's in the 'offering artwork/ports' section.

Be sure to post the next port you do! I'd love to see the changes you've made. ^^

Thanks so much! <3

I actually know i couple artists i can talk to that are friends that could probably help me.

Offline jaiex

«Reply #11: July 08, 2008, 07:59:25 PM»
Oh...DURR, I just realized the person I was describing IS Paint. That's her DA also. XD Sorry, I'll stop spamming your thread!