turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Contribute to a Dream Set and WIN SCALES  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Noki

Contribute to a Dream Set and WIN SCALES
«: July 08, 2008, 12:54:28 PM»
Calling portrait artists and Pokemon fans!

I want a fresh, custom portrait set for my upcoming dream, Pokemon World (http://pkmnworld.lastofautumn.com), and I don't have the time to do them all myself (I'm already doing all the patches alone!). So I'd like to hold a contest for people to make species sets and the winning sets of each species will be used in the dream! There's 13 sets to win in, and that means 13 chances at a top prize! **NOTE that you are not drawing POKEMON, you are drawing TRAINERS!**

I'm looking for sets of each species (that is 3 portraits to a set: male, female, unspecified) as well as the locals. You can pick from the following: Rodent, Equine, Feline, Canine, Musteline, Lapine, Squirrel, Bovine, Ursine, Human Male, Human Female, Team Rocket Male, Team Rocket Female. For the four human locals, they still need the 3 portraits to complete the set (male, female and unspecified) but you can do something like make a long-haired girl, short haired girl, and one with her hair done or something like that so they're effectively varied. Up to 5 entered sets per person! (you can only win once though)
They all have to dress like a pokemon trainer, furry and human alike (except, Team Rocket has to look like Team Rocket :P). If you've ever seen pokemon (which I'm sure you have), you'll note that trainers like to wear hats and carry bags. Get your inspiration from the anime, the games, or the cards.

The portraits must be remappable. Animation is OPTIONAL.
The following remapping is mandatory: boots to shoes (if you can see them), cape to backpack (if you add one), eyes to eyes, fur to fur (or skin), hair to hair, markings to markings (furries ONLY, use it for under-clothing on the humans - they don't have markings), trousers to pants/lower-half clothing, and vest to over-shirt or top-half clothing. From there you have creative freedom; you can double-up remapping segments (like trousers for a skirt AND a headband on a female).
Backgrounds are OPTIONAL as well, I'll just add "defaults" to entries without. It is a few bonus points if you're up for doing them, though.

Prizes: I'll be giving out between $400-$500 in dragonscale prizes, depending on the number of entries. (I'm willing to add more money to the prize pool if there's lots of entries) Every person who enters will get something for entering, and the winning 13 (one winner per set) will get the top prizes (which are all going to be equal divisions).
ADDITION: If in the event I don't get enough entries to complete the contest, I will pay each artist who did enter to use their set. In cases where there might be more than one entry for a set but not enough entries to do the contest, I'll choose which set I want to use and pay the artist, then give the remaining entrants monetary compensation for giving it a try and entering anyway.

Closing date: UPDATED I'll be closing this at the end of September (25th). This gives everyone the whole summer to do a good job and take their time. :) A group of judges will be choosing the winning sets from the 26-29th. Winners will be announced on the 30th and prizes handed out on the 30th and the 1st. (date may be subject to change)

**Winning sets are NOT allowed to be resold or reused. They will be for use by the dream only, and tagged with the dream's symbol (but we will NOT remove your signature!). Credit to the artists will be listed on the website. Sets that aren't used in the dream can be resold or reused, with or without edits.

Contact: I'd appreciate a notification if you'll probably be entering, and which set you'll be doing. I might be restricting the number of entries per species set if it turns out everyone is going to be doing a feline set and we have no entries for the ursine. We'll see how that goes.

To make a notification: pop me a PM, whisper Rhea or Noki in-game, Postmaster Rhea, or email [email protected]

EMAIL THE FOX FILE OF YOUR ENTRY TO [email protected] WHEN FINISHED!
I will not accept non-fox images. I will not use or abuse these files and will delete the non-winning entries from my mail box after the contest is finished.

Entrants/entries:
Rodent
Telelia

Equine
Gorgoroth

Feline
Sync

Canine
Hufflepuff

Musteline
Kain Ragnorok

Lapine
JadedAngel2
Feithin

Squirrel

Bovine

Ursine

Human Male

Human Female
Nepenthe
Starlit Moon

Team Rocket Male

Team Rocket Female
Serin Peth
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:23:51 AM by Noki »

Offline Mido

Re: Contribute to a Dream Set and WIN SCALES
«Reply #1: July 22, 2008, 08:02:48 PM»
i wanna do they bunny one for female

Offline Noki

«Reply #2: July 23, 2008, 07:31:58 PM»

You'll have to do the set of male, female and unspecified to be counted as an entry I'm afraid. This is a contest for sets, not just individual portraits.

Offline Hufflepuff

«Reply #3: July 23, 2008, 07:57:02 PM»
edit: actually, could I enter with the canine set?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:09:17 PM by Hufflepuff »

Offline Sync

«Reply #4: July 23, 2008, 08:34:25 PM»
i'll enter with a feline set.

Offline Noki

«Reply #5: July 24, 2008, 02:45:52 PM»
Sure! You're both added. :)

Offline Mido

«Reply #6: July 26, 2008, 05:14:42 PM»

You'll have to do the set of male, female and unspecified to be counted as an entry I'm afraid. This is a contest for sets, not just individual portraits.
okay i can do that if you still need a bunny set

Offline Noki

«Reply #7: July 29, 2008, 06:23:55 PM»

okay i can do that if you still need a bunny set

Sure, if you're up for doing all three I'll put you down on the list. :)

Offline Noki

«Reply #8: August 06, 2008, 10:15:02 AM»
Received the first entry! Awesomesauce.

I'll probably be bumping the date farther back. Not quite sure how far yet.

Offline Sync

«Reply #9: August 07, 2008, 06:52:30 AM»

ohyeah, are we allowed to post the ports in our galleries before the contest is over?

Offline Surplus

«Reply #10: August 07, 2008, 07:20:39 AM»
can i enter the equine?

Offline Nepenthe

«Reply #11: August 07, 2008, 11:50:51 PM»
I'd like to go for the human female set. ;)

Offline Noki

«Reply #12: August 08, 2008, 10:57:03 AM»

ohyeah, are we allowed to post the ports in our galleries before the contest is over?

Sure, don't see why not.

Added Nepenthe and Gorgoroth.

Date extended to end of September instead!

Offline Telelia

«Reply #13: September 26, 2008, 10:24:06 PM»
is this still going on?
Do we fear the darkness, or is it the light that shines so bright?

Offline Madum

«Reply #14: December 25, 2008, 01:31:57 PM»
Feline or Canine please. :3

( Could you PM me what pokemon the Feline/Canines are? )
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 01:43:43 PM by Madum »

Offline Creek

«Reply #15: December 26, 2008, 12:10:54 AM»
Feline or Canine please. :3

( Could you PM me what pokemon the Feline/Canines are? )

Check the date dear. This was back in July.