turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Pricing help, please?  (Read 820 times)

Offline Hermes

Pricing help, please?
«: July 10, 2008, 12:07:55 PM»
Hey everyone! Basically, I've been considering whether or not I should do some commissions for digital art, since so far, I've mainly just been drawing for fun and practise.

Therefore... I was wondering if you could help me with figuring out how much I should charge...

I tend to stick to coloured pieces since I am actually terrible at sketches but alright when it comes to colouring... and I'm wondering if I should bother to charge differently for pictures with backgrounds and pictures without backgrounds.

Here is my DA gallery - http://velut-luna.deviantart.com/
Please look mainly at the recent stuff, since they're my better pieces, to be honest. ^^;

Thank you for your help!

Art © Sushi on dA - Species © Theme on FA

Offline Sapphirus

Re: Pricing help, please?
«Reply #1: July 10, 2008, 02:11:48 PM»
Hmm, well, you should start at 5-8 GD for your CG art since it's digital after all and you need some improvments on anatomy of your characters/characters.

Til you get better, you can start at those prices, as you improve you can go higher, like my CG art used ot be 15-20 GD at start than I improved and went up to 30GD a pic, 5 GD for each extra character; proffesional crap xD

Hope this helps!! Goodluck! <3333  ;D :D ;) :)

Offline Azula

«Reply #2: July 10, 2008, 02:55:04 PM»
i honestly don't think you're ready for commissions just yet.. there are a lot of anatomy issues and other things that need to be worked out first. if anything, 1 or 2 gd. :/

Offline Mala

«Reply #3: July 10, 2008, 03:05:45 PM»
I looked through your dA gallery and I don't think you're commishable yet.

Maybe around $1?

You need to work on your anatomy. Try sketching the human body, and in different poses.

You have a good sense of colours, and a cute style. If you improve on your anatomy, I'm sure you'll be ready for commissions. c:

Offline Hermes

«Reply #4: July 10, 2008, 03:19:45 PM»
i honestly don't think you're ready for commissions just yet.. there are a lot of anatomy issues and other things that need to be worked out first. if anything, 1 or 2 gd. :/

Okay, thank you for the advice. ^^

Offline Hermes

«Reply #5: July 10, 2008, 03:22:58 PM»
I looked through your dA gallery and I don't think you're commishable yet.

Maybe around $1?

You need to work on your anatomy. Try sketching the human body, and in different poses.

You have a good sense of colours, and a cute style. If you improve on your anatomy, I'm sure you'll be ready for commissions. c:

Thank you for looking through. I agree, I do really need to work on my anatomy, which I've been practising lately using my poor little sister. xD

Thank you for the compliment on colours and style, at least I know I have some hope. ^^

Offline Hermes

«Reply #6: July 10, 2008, 03:24:38 PM»
Hmm, well, you should start at 5-8 GD for your CG art since it's digital after all and you need some improvments on anatomy of your characters/characters.

Til you get better, you can start at those prices, as you improve you can go higher, like my CG art used ot be 15-20 GD at start than I improved and went up to 30GD a pic, 5 GD for each extra character; proffesional crap xD

Hope this helps!! Goodluck! <3333  ;D :D ;) :)

Thank you for the advice and the luck! ^^

I think I'd better practise more first though.