turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help with shading?  (Read 719 times)

Offline Emmalou

Help with shading?
«: July 17, 2008, 08:43:52 PM»
[hopefully this time it is in the correct place x] ]
Okay, Well I really like to color things on the computer. But I have no clue how to shade.
I was wondering if anyone had any shading Tutorials? I don't have photoshop. Just ms paint, and Painter classic that came with my tablet. [and my silly computer won't let my tablet work on it...xD]
I would love to have any help at all so if you have one or know someone that has one post here please :D
Thanks a bunch! ^-^
Opps forgot to put. I need the help with shading Cgs not ports.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:47:30 PM by Europe »

Sesruc

Re: Help with shading?
«Reply #1: July 17, 2008, 08:54:33 PM»
hi,
i'm sure plenty of people are willing to help you

what would make everything easier is for you is to color shade something so we can see what you do or do not need improvement on.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #2: July 19, 2008, 11:59:49 AM»
I used OpenCanvas 1.1 which is available free online I believe. Using layers makes shading very very simple because OC has tablet pen pressure sensitivity.

But as I do with all shading, start with a middle color, shade darker tones, then go back and add highlights.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #3: August 05, 2008, 07:16:33 PM»
Different materials and things are shaded differently. o-o Maybe be a little more specific?

Offline Lord

«Reply #4: August 05, 2008, 07:54:53 PM»
i found that this tutorial is very helpful, and once i get back around to doing CG's i'll likely be using this a lot ;p

since this is for PhotoShop, i'm not sure how it'll match with your programs, but i'm assuming theres things you can substitute for what they show you

http://kesame.deviantart.com/art/Shading-Tutorial-92191598 !!