turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sell or enter? (Need advice soon, please)  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Shnee

Sell or enter? (Need advice soon, please)
«: January 18, 2008, 08:02:43 PM»
I asked this a while ago on FAM, but only got a couple of answers. I took their advice, but people just refuse to buy it.

So my issue is that I originally made this for Sumatran's port contest. First place is 50 GD, but obviously there's a chance I'll lose, and I can't resell after I've entered.
I doubt anyone is willing to pay more than 20 GD, but I've been trying to sell it for a while now and nobody's offering. :c
So should I keep on trying to sell it, in which I probably won't get more than 20 GD, or should I enter it in the contest with a slight chance of winning 50 GD?
The due date's coming up, so I need advice soon.

Offline Maxine

Re: Sell or enter? (Need advice soon, please)
«Reply #1: January 18, 2008, 08:15:45 PM»
if you don't think you can win, I would sell it. but that's my opinion.  :-\   you could have confidence and hope you win, but if there's a slim chance, I wouldn't enter it.  :-[

Offline Mala

«Reply #2: January 18, 2008, 08:50:33 PM»
Its an amazin port, and there are so many entries in Sumatran's contest already. You would have a good chance of winning, but if you sold it, you could get something for sure.

I say sell. <3

Offline Shnee

«Reply #3: January 18, 2008, 09:27:24 PM»
Its an amazin port, and there are so many entries in Sumatran's contest already. You would have a good chance of winning, but if you sold it, you could get something for sure.

I say sell. <3

Yeah, but I doubt I would get more than 20 GD if I sold it. :/ Mean while, Suma's prizes are 50 gd (1st) and 30 gd (2nd).
I think it's 30, anyway... >>
*Double checks.*

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #4: January 18, 2008, 09:38:02 PM»
I think you might as well just enter it for the heck of it. Hell, you made it to enter, right? Go for it! Take a chance! And, if you don't win, then. Oh well. You know? At least you tried and at least the port will be used rather than sit forever til it sells.

Offline Shnee

«Reply #5: January 19, 2008, 01:29:46 AM»
I think you might as well just enter it for the heck of it. Hell, you made it to enter, right? Go for it! Take a chance! And, if you don't win, then. Oh well. You know? At least you tried and at least the port will be used rather than sit forever til it sells.

I think that's convinced me. I'm gonna enter.
Thanks. <3

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #6: January 19, 2008, 01:54:19 AM»
No problem.. :D

Vincent

«Reply #7: January 30, 2008, 10:53:08 AM»
What Turq said is totally true, go for ittt. c:

Offline Hugo

«Reply #8: February 03, 2008, 01:10:03 PM»
Unless you lose and they don't use it. I've had that happen before, you'll lose a contest and the port never gets worn but you can't sell it.

I say sell it. Contests are lame.