turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Blud in ur portz O:  (Read 13002 times)

Offline Tycho

Blud in ur portz O:
«: July 20, 2008, 07:01:47 PM»
Hey everyone.~ I recently submitted a port that was rejected for having too much blood in it. I wanna see all your ports that include blood in almost excessive amounts that have been accepted, so I can try and fight this gaiety without having to change what I've got too much.

I'll start! These aren't mine, but these have been accepted and are far more gory than mine was.

Oh, for the curious, this was mine, done by MT//Beep. For those of you unfamiliar, he has an Adam Harvester, and is in front of a Big Daddy. lolol Bioshock.

lol, I just had to get another opinion on how stupid this was, thanks in advance XD

« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:58:08 PM by Rooke »

Sesruc

Re: Blud in ur portz O:
«Reply #1: July 20, 2008, 07:27:51 PM»
ugh the same fucking thing happened to a port i made for drague
furc rejected it because it was too bloody

this was the rejected port:

i had to edit out all the blood.. and the blade (just in case)

honestly, some of the ports you have up there are way more bloody, graphic, gorey, and suggestive of violence than the port i made and the port you own.  the one with the guy holding his amputated arm is way worse.

seriously. someone needs to email furc about this.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 07:30:55 PM by Sesruc »

Offline Tycho

«Reply #2: July 20, 2008, 07:37:37 PM»
ugh the same fucking thing happened to a port i made for drague
furc rejected it because it was too bloody

this was the rejected port:

i had to edit out all the blood.. and the blade (just in case)

honestly, some of the ports you have up there are way more bloody, graphic, gorey, and suggestive of violence than the port i made. especially the one with the guy holding his amputated arm.

seriously. someone needs to email furc about this.

Eme whispered me like TWO MINUTES after I put this up and was waving her bitchstick everywhere. When I told her I was going to talk to Fel she sounded like she was gonna piss herself ((after saying they weren't married)) and then logged off.

Offline Jenni

«Reply #3: July 20, 2008, 07:51:28 PM»

Offline Sabaton

«Reply #4: July 20, 2008, 08:01:42 PM»
I just got a GREAT 'ololololol' from Gar when I pointed out Faerie's ports that were accepted.

His excuse what "It was a mistake."

Two mistakes for one character? O MAI WERD.

*shakes finger*
Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Offline Tycho

«Reply #5: July 20, 2008, 08:12:02 PM»

that wasn't ever accepted.

I've got people that have said they've seen it, otherwise I wouldn't have been pointed at it, so idk. apparently it was accepted, then eme threw a bitchfit and cleared it right away. *shrug*

MUST HAVE BEEN ANOTHER MISTAKE, LOL OOPS

Offline Sync

«Reply #6: July 20, 2008, 08:26:23 PM»

this port by alabaster sea got rejected somehow.

i'm kinda sad about that cause i think he did a good job on this lol.

Offline Sabaton

«Reply #7: July 20, 2008, 08:30:55 PM»
Well, SUPPOSEDLY, they're working on something for the next update to have rated ports.

You can have pretty much anything in your port, as long as you stay in the 16+ maps. -.-

Personally, I think DEP is being pretty gay about this~

Offline Sync

«Reply #8: July 20, 2008, 08:31:40 PM»
i guess i'm making all my dreams 16+ now lol.

Offline Nny

«Reply #9: July 20, 2008, 09:00:10 PM»
HOW DARE YOU ROOKE
HOW DARE YOU USE A GUN TO SQUIRT BLOOD ON PEOPLE.

Offline Tycho

«Reply #10: July 20, 2008, 09:01:05 PM»
HOW DARE YOU ROOKE

I'LL GET YOU EH IAN IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

Offline sarragh

«Reply #11: July 20, 2008, 09:04:05 PM»
HOW DARE YOU ROOKE

.. crack much?

Offline Sabaton

«Reply #12: July 20, 2008, 09:11:41 PM»
HOW DARE YOU ROOKE

.. crack much?

It was heroin.

But that was the claim Emerald was making.
That IT LOOKED LIKE A GUN TO SQUIRT BLOOD ON PEOPLE OLOL </PMS>

Offline Tycho

«Reply #13: July 20, 2008, 09:14:01 PM»
HOW DARE YOU ROOKE

.. crack much?

lololol <3333

Yeah, EF was like 'it looks like a gun to squirt blood on people' and it made me lmao

Offline Nny

«Reply #14: July 20, 2008, 09:18:34 PM»
HOW DARE YOU ROOKE

.. crack much?

lololol <3333

Yeah, EF was like 'it looks like a gun to squirt blood on people' and it made me lmao

I think that should be another friend port for us.
BUT OH WAIT NO.
IT'D BE REJECTED.

Offline Ashuri

«Reply #15: July 20, 2008, 09:25:44 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

Like how you can get ports with BOOBS on them accepted with no nipples.  If the nipples are on there, BAM rejected C:

Offline Nny

«Reply #16: July 20, 2008, 09:27:47 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

Like how you can get ports with BOOBS on them accepted with no nipples.  If the nipples are on there, BAM rejected C:

I've seen ports with nipples.
And ports with things squirting out of nipples.
:C

Offline Ashuri

«Reply #17: July 20, 2008, 09:35:07 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

LOL xD fosrsly?

Offline Nny

«Reply #18: July 20, 2008, 09:36:35 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

LOL xD fosrsly?

LOL YAH.
BUT AS SOON AS I PUT A NIPPLE RING ON ONE OF MY PORTS, IT'S REJECTED.

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #19: July 20, 2008, 09:40:14 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

lmfao I actually know who you're talking about I think...

Buuut, I think the whole blood thing just.. depends on their mood or something. Because both of my alt Cellar's ports have blood in them, more than some of the ones posted by the OP.

sooo, idk. I guess I'm a lucky one?
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Lord

«Reply #20: July 20, 2008, 09:46:38 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

Buuut, I think the whole blood thing just.. depends on their mood or something. Because both of my alt Cellar's ports have blood in them, more than some of the ones posted by the OP.

gage said earlier today about how one of his portraits got rejected because he was flipping the screen off

but ive seen, MANY other portraits with the character flipping off the screen

guns pointed at the char/at the screen

nazi symbols

all things that furc states should not be in ports

i think some of the bloody ones shown that have been rejected are quite dumb. i see nothing wrong with that

but, how the hell are they going to patrol the dreams that ARENT 16+ and see who has accptabl prots or not? make a special 'mature portrait space' or something?

Offline Ashuri

«Reply #21: July 20, 2008, 09:47:21 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

LOL xD fosrsly?

LOL YAH.
BUT AS SOON AS I PUT A NIPPLE RING ON ONE OF MY PORTS, IT'S REJECTED.

That's hilarious  :D

Offline Ashuri

«Reply #22: July 20, 2008, 09:48:43 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

gage said earlier today about how one of his portraits got rejected because he was flipping the screen off

nazi symbols

i think some of the bloody ones shown that have been rejected are quite dumb. i see nothing wrong with that

but, how the hell are they going to patrol the dreams that ARENT 16+ and see who has accptabl prots or not? make a special 'mature portrait space' or something?

Yeah, that's a very good point.  They would have to get a ton of furc beekins individually to go into dreams that are not 16+ rated.  How tedious @[email protected]

Offline Nny

«Reply #23: July 20, 2008, 10:03:11 PM»
I lol'd at this xD

nazi symbols

Yeah, that's a very good point.  They would have to get a ton of furc beekins individually to go into dreams that are not 16+ rated.  How tedious @[email protected]

Maybe if they made some special M16+ port space, they could do with that what they did with the furling. Make it so you can't use it in certain areas? I dunno. xD

Offline Anarchy

«Reply #24: July 20, 2008, 10:04:47 PM»

that wasn't ever accepted.

I've got people that have said they've seen it, otherwise I wouldn't have been pointed at it, so idk. apparently it was accepted, then eme threw a bitchfit and cleared it right away. *shrug*

MUST HAVE BEEN ANOTHER MISTAKE, LOL OOPS

This portrait was NEVER accepted, I know the person who owns the character the portrait is for, and I did pretty much all of the gore in that port. I actually sent several e-mails to [email protected] regarding another portrait I'd done, but they wouldn't budge.

This is the portrait:

Here is the e-mail I sent.

I am a portrait artist on furcadia (under the name Anarchy), and I recently did a commission for someone of a canine with a bloody mouth. They paid 12 GDS for this portrait and recieved their artwork, only to find it was rejected because it is 'too icky'. Because I did do the work, and they did recieve their artwork, I cannot refund them. I feel awful because I made this portrait believing it would be accepted.

I've included the FSH for the portrait in this e-mail.

I have made portraits for commissioners that have been rejected before (and warned them before time it may be rejected), and this was understandable, but as to why this portrait is so 'icky' I am quite baffled. I have seen numerous portraits on furcadia that are just as bad, if not worse in the respects of 'ickiness'.

I'm going to give a few examples of portraits I know for a fact were accepted. Please keep in mind I think most of these are amazingly beautiful portraits and I'm glad they were accepted, but they were still accepted and have just as much or more blood.

http://browniebottomsundae.deviantart.com/art/PORTRAIT-Arsenic-79478381 This portrait was done by and for friends of mine. It's a great portrait, but that character has blood dripping from it's nose, out of it's mouth, off of it's tongue and neck, and splattering all over the character's head, not to mention the pool of blood on the bottom.

http://evictedhyena.deviantart.com/art/Contest-Entry-Anarchy-68052251 This is a portrait done by my best friend for me. Of course, since I uploaded it, I love it, but these characters have bloody paws, muzzles and scrapes on their bodies.

How about
http://devouring.deviantart.com/art/portrait-buddhist-67872101
and
http://devouring.deviantart.com/art/portrait-devour-67728831
Also done by a friend of mine. Both just as bloody, if not moreso.

Don't even get me started on the overtly sexual portraits I've seen.

Now, had I known, or had the slightest idea that the portrait I was creating might be rejected, I would have warned the commissioner ahead of time so we would not be having this issue, but how am I supposed to know 'how much blood is too much' when there are portraits with just as much blood or MORE floating around furcadia, but this portrait is being rejected. It really makes no sense.

You may be asking yourself, 'WELL, why doesn't she just edit it, then everyone will be happy.' First off, I won't be happy. I'm happy with the piece as it is, as is the commissioner. Secondly, unlike most portrait artists I sketch my portraits out on paper and scan them into the computer, where I sort-of 'trace' them in MS Paint. I really don't have any other editting tools so it's extremely difficult for me to edit portraits once they are completed.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least RESPOND to this, and if you would, reconsider the rejection of this portrait in light of the evidence I have presented. I'm really quite annoyed and confused and not only would I like answers for my commissioner, but for myself.

Thank you for your time.

Their response

Hello,

These are our portrait rules:
http://www.furcadia.com/beekins/portraits/portraitrules.html

I do not personally do reviews of portraits, however, the form letter typically explains why a portrait has been rejected. Rejections are final and arguing with me or the reviewers will not change the rejection, please make logical corrections to the artwork to make it viewable by a teen+ audience and be mindful of the portrait rules in the future.

If other portraits you have done violate the rules and you would like them removed I can do this for you.

~Leah
Furcadia Orders - Customer Service

My response

I apologize if I sound argumentative, that's really the last thing I wanted. I had read the rules, but the rules on blood are very vague, and the only 'examples' I have to gage how much is too much is by the quantity of other portraits I know to be uploaded with blood in them.

I have no objection to any of these portraits but considering the amount of blood some of them have, mine seems a little like child's play.

Perhaps the rules should be revised with examples?

Anyways, thank you again for taking the time to respond to me, I know you probably get about a million e-mails from people bitching about their portrait not being accepted, and as I said before, I've never had any objections to other portraits I've done being rejected, I would just like this subject cleared up.

Also, no need to tell me it's not going to be accepted again, I'm aware the decision is final, I'd mainly like this information for future commissions.

And they never responded after that.