turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Would you buy this?  (Read 943 times)

Offline gone

Would you buy this?
«: July 23, 2008, 01:41:08 PM»
Okay so. I would like to start selling character art for people, probably headshots or busts since I hate doing waist-ups or fullbodies... if I offered those, they'd be more expensive anyway because I'd spend a lot longer trying to get it to look good enough for me.

This is just an example, the lineart is purposefully "rushed" and sketchy, because it was a new coloring thing for me. I'd be more than glad to do smooth lineart, unless someone would WANT pixelly. (Also I would probably draw it on a set size like 500x500 so it could be made into a port, but ANYWAY...) So the question here is, would you buy something like THIS? And how much do you think I should ask for that? And if that were made in Furc remap colors to be a reference for people trying to commission ports, how much would you pay for that?

Thanks for reading. :B

Offline Sedde

Re: Would you buy this?
«Reply #1: July 23, 2008, 01:55:35 PM»
I like the style a lot, personally, but I don't know if I'd pay for something just base-colored...as for Furc remappable refs, HECK YES

Probly 2-4 GD for something like what you've shown, though. 'Cause I dig the cut of your jib.

Offline gone

«Reply #2: July 23, 2008, 02:26:03 PM»
Haha wow, thanks. Glad you like it. :B I'm not the best at shading and I don't like to even say that I CAN shade, but if I ever find someone to collab with to do the shading that'd be cool. That one had subtle shading..on.. the nose..that was about it. But I could shade a BIT, it'd just still be mostly flat-colored.

Offline gone

«Reply #3: July 26, 2008, 03:07:43 PM»
So another question is: would you buy nonremap ports like this? Big version and port sized version is shown.

I didn't add a background because I was too lazy to this time, this was just an example. Rushed shading as well. RUSHED LINEART YAY. Oh god I should make something that isn't rushed so people will want it. ...anyway.

BIG and SMALL.

What do you think?

And the big question is, would people buy these if I had slots open? :B

also, example of what a lineart commission would look like - lol

Sesruc

«Reply #4: July 26, 2008, 03:15:15 PM»
yes, i'm sure people would buy them!

Offline Sedde

«Reply #5: July 26, 2008, 03:50:02 PM»
Absolutely! :) Your style's awesome, even though the examples you're showing are supposedly rushed. xP

Offline gone

«Reply #6: July 26, 2008, 04:00:30 PM»
Thanks! So I should charge... 4 GD for a flat-colored drawing, possibly 6GD for a shaded drawing for which I need to make an example of, and.. how much for a non-remap port?

Sesruc

«Reply #7: July 26, 2008, 05:05:48 PM»
6 GD maybe? or more

Offline gone

«Reply #8: July 26, 2008, 06:00:38 PM»
Hm, I'll put it at 6GD for a nonremap port for now.. if people think it's worth more, I'll up the price. Thanks everybody!

So it looks like I have to make two threads, one in ports and one in character art...

anything