turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Not Another Contest! -- Nikki-Knack's Art Contest (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!)  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Nikki-Knack

THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN DECIDED!

First place:
whisperingyoko

Second place:
Mina-chan

Third place:
Lugia Uchiha

Thanks to you lot that participated and congratulations to the winners! :) PM or e-mail me to claim your prizes!

So the last month of summer is closing in fast. If you're anything like me, celebrating the last month of summer includes drawing, drawing, and more drawing! Why not put all that skill to good use, and try to win some art and custom ports of your own? Here's your chance!

What am I drawing?:
Your goal (should you choose to accept it) is to draw my character Nikki-Knack, and/or my boyfriend's character, Tal Mithram.

What are the rules for submissions?:
- As far as medium goes, we will accept ports, traditional art, and digital art.
- Drawings MUST be of Nikki and/or Tal. You can draw either-or, or put them into one drawing together. Keep in mind that they are boyfriend and girlfriend.
- Drawings should have a rating of no more than PG-13. Keep it semi-clean, at least. Partial nudity due to some sort of sexual joke is fine, but please don't have 'em doing the bionic seahorse up against a fridge or something. Just...do not want. >_>;;
- Creativity is key in this contest. Make us laugh, do a spoof off of some Youtube meme, make us go "awwwzomgadorable!" or just take our breath away with your madd art skills. If you want some ideas, check out Nikki and Tal's likes and dislikes below.
- You can submit as many entries as you like. However, only one of your entries will be able to win. The only exception for this rule would be conjoined portraits, considering they're two portraits, but technically one piece of art.
- Please, please, please, for the love of cookies and rainbows and all that is nice, ARTWORK MUST BE ORIGINAL. Do NOT trace, photoshop existing pictures, or anything like that. If you are caught, you WILL be disqualified on the spot, and Tal will eat your first born male child in his morning cereal.
- Whatever you submit, we get to keep. You don't resell the art, and we won't claim it off as our own. Everyone gets credit where credit is due. To make sure that you've read all of the rules and agree to abide by them, say something like "I agree to terms and conditions" when you enter. If you do not feel comfortable with this, simply don't enter.

What do I get if I win?:
There will be three winners, ranging from first to third place. Prizes -- mainly first place's prizes -- can be mailed to the winner if they so choose. When I finish the prizes for the winners, I will let them know, and they can PM me their addresses if they would like them mailed out. Portraits, of course, can't be mailed out, but the other art pieces can be sent just as easily through snail mail as they can be through e-mail. All art aside from portraits will be traditional.

First Place
Sketchbook (about 5 1/2"x8 1/2") with 4 pages drawn by me -and- a Furcadia portrait. Includes:
~ 1 full body, full color dawing
~ 1 lineart with pencil shading
~ 2 detailed bust sketches
~ 1 conjoined port (technically 2 portraits) OR 1 single character port

Second Place
1 piece of art on an 8 1/2"x11" piece of bristol paper -and- a Furcadia portrait. Includes:
~ 1 full body, full color drawing
~ 1 conjoined port (technically 2 portraits) OR 1 single character port

Third Place
1 piece of art on an 8 1/2"x11" piece of bristol paper -and- a Furcadia portrait. Includes:
~ 1 detailed bust sketch
~ 1 single character portrait

(( Samples of my art can be found at http://www.nikkehhh.deviantart.com OR http://www.furaffinity.net/user/knackers ))

NOTE: Characters drawn for the winners can be any you like, and don't have to be limited to the same character for every drawing. HOWEVER, I ask that you only request two characters per drawing, as I'm going to have a lot of drawing to do, myself.

When is the deadline for submissions/entrants?:
10:30 PM FST on September 5th. I will NOT extend the deadline, so be sure that if you are going to enter you do it with plenty of time ahead to think up and submit something. There is no closing date for entrants, but you want to make sure you have enough time to draw/pixel/create/etc.

If an entrant joins, but does not submit anything by the deadline, they will be disqualified.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:40:32 PM by Nikki-Knack »

Offline Nikki-Knack

Re: Not Another Contest! -- Nikki-Knack's Art Contest
«Reply #1: July 26, 2008, 01:40:17 AM»
Alright. So who are these Nikki and Tal characters, anyway?:
Well, if you must know, follow the links below for their reference sheets and drawings!

Nikki-Knack
Nikki's a rabbit/lynx hybrid. She was an orphan, raised by a family of muskrats (stfu xD!) and is a very artsy girl. In her spare time, Nikki enjoys drawing, singing, and taking cat naps. Her very most favoritest things in the whole wide world are cookies and "bothering" Tal. She also has the horrible habit of smoking cigars. Usually she can also be seen carrying a plushie cradled in her arms, of one of the characters listed below.

Nikki-Knack's reference sheet - [X]
A close-up: [X]

Plushies include Shin-chan, Dr. Nefarious (from Ratchet and Clank), and "The" Murray (from Sly Cooper)

Tal Mithram
Tal is a raccoon, from a rather distinguished house and family. Tal is a shortening of his last name "Talent," his first name being Mithram. In his spare time, Tal busies himself with theivery work and enjoys it immensely, using it as a bit of an outlet for wracking his brain. He is extremely intelligent. A few of his other hobbies are reading historically accurate novels, attending debate clubs or political rallies, and classical music.

Tal Mithram's reference sheet: [X]
A close-up: [X]
Tal's current portrait: [X]

I have a question that you didn't cover! How can I contact you?:
Feel free to leave a message here, or drop me a PM. Otherwise, note me on my dA, or send an e-mail to nsteele18@yahoo.com

ENTRANTS:
1. Nijiko Lum - [X]
2. Lugia Uchiha - [X]
3. Huggle
4. keizy
5. Claudie
6. Fae Face
7. Anevay
8. JadedAngel2
9. Folk
10. whisperingyoko - [X]
11. Mina-chan - [X]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:40:06 PM by Nikki-Knack »

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #2: July 27, 2008, 05:46:10 PM»
Bump~! No entrants yet. :C

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #3: July 27, 2008, 09:25:31 PM»
+4 entrants~
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:33:37 PM by Nikki-Knack »

Claudie

«Reply #4: July 29, 2008, 10:48:39 AM»
I REMEMBER YOU FROM FURAFFINITY.
We had a trade, and I haven't been able to access references for, like, a month.

In addition to my half of that, consider me entered as well. ;D

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #5: July 29, 2008, 12:47:03 PM»
I REMEMBER YOU FROM FURAFFINITY.
We had a trade, and I haven't been able to access references for, like, a month.

In addition to my half of that, consider me entered as well. ;D

ZOMG HAI
We did. :c I had started it, but yeah. xD;; FA went poop. I'll have to finish it when FA's back. But yay! I'll add you to the list! :3

Claudie

«Reply #6: July 30, 2008, 12:35:40 PM»
tiiiight.

Offline kenzy

«Reply #7: August 05, 2008, 03:28:18 PM»
Oh hay I know you.

I'll join the contest. c:

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #8: August 06, 2008, 01:23:43 PM»
Oh hay I know you.

I'll join the contest. c:

Sw33t. :D I'll add you!

Offline Anevay

«Reply #9: August 07, 2008, 05:51:09 PM»
I'll be entering. Already have the lines made up. ^-^

Erh... What if one wanted to submit two ports that interacted with eachother?
Would the rule 'Only one of your entries will be able to win' still apply to that? x_O;;
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:11:56 PM by Anevay »

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #10: August 07, 2008, 06:48:24 PM»
I'll be entering. Already have the lines made up. ^-^

Erh... What is one wanted to submit two ports that interacted with eachother?
Would the rule 'Only one of your entries will be able to win' still apply to that? x_O;;

Great! I'll add you. :)

As for conjoined ports, they would be an acception, because they're TECHNICALLY one piece of art. I suppose I should clarify that in the rules, too. :P

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #11: August 10, 2008, 11:53:24 AM»
Still plenty of time for people to enter! :C

Offline Mido

«Reply #12: August 10, 2008, 10:41:11 PM»
enters

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #13: August 17, 2008, 08:40:56 PM»
Bump-a-dump! :D

Offline Folk

«Reply #14: August 17, 2008, 10:44:08 PM»
I'll give it a shot.  ;D

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #15: August 18, 2008, 02:34:06 AM»
Added. :)

Offline Nikki-Knack

«Reply #16: August 27, 2008, 09:53:47 PM»
Just a little more than a week left, everyone! I hope you lot that entered have been working on your entries...! x3 And there's still enough time for some last minute entrants if anyone else wants to join!

Offline Nikki-Knack

Judging starts TOMORROW at 10:30 PM FST! I will update at that time when you will be able to check back and see who won, so all entrants, PLEASE try to get your entries in before then! If I am only left with the two entries that we have, I will not be able to judge/hand out prizes/etc! We need a minimum of 3 entries!

Offline Nikki-Knack

Contest ends tonight! Still only have 2 entries! D:

Offline Nikki-Knack

Winners have been announced! Congrats to the three who won! x3