turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: help me?  (Read 832 times)

Offline Maxine

help me?
«: January 22, 2008, 04:44:28 PM»
contest entry - Maeve
contest entry - Rawlf
premade - for sale
premade - for sale

tips? comments? constructive criticism?

P.S. the premades aren't shaded yet.

Offline Mala

Re: help me?
«Reply #1: January 22, 2008, 07:07:45 PM»
I would reccomend working on anatomy.  :)

Try sketching out some fullbodied pictures on paper, or a digital program, whatever suits you best, and practice for awhile.

The first port has the chest sticking out oddly, it should be much farther back.

The second, the heard is large compared to the body, and the back legs shouldn't be totally round.

The third, the eye is up to far, and the back should show some sign of a neck.

The fourth doesn't really show much of the body, and it looks like...a blob really.

But with practice, I'm sure you'll get better soon! :D

Offline Maxine

«Reply #2: January 22, 2008, 07:57:43 PM»
I would reccomend working on anatomy.  :)

Try sketching out some fullbodied pictures on paper, or a digital program, whatever suits you best, and practice for awhile.

The first port has the chest sticking out oddly, it should be much farther back.

The second, the heard is large compared to the body, and the back legs shouldn't be totally round.

The third, the eye is up to far, and the back should show some sign of a neck.

The fourth doesn't really show much of the body, and it looks like...a blob really.

But with practice, I'm sure you'll get better soon! :D

thanks, but I'm not looking to change my style. :( the chest is only sticking out because the character is trying to stand out tall and proud, plus it's fur fluff. the legs are only round because they're curled up the the body, but on the third, I do agree. thanks for the support!

Offline Mala

«Reply #3: January 22, 2008, 09:04:13 PM»
thanks, but I'm not looking to change my style. :( the chest is only sticking out because the character is trying to stand out tall and proud, plus it's fur fluff. the legs are only round because they're curled up the the body, but on the third, I do agree. thanks for the support!

Oh, I see now. Terribly sorry! x3;;

I hope you don't mind more crits... xD

For the chest sticking out, his head should be lifted slightly, not resting on it. Sortof an 'I'm so better than you' look.

Offline Sync

«Reply #4: January 22, 2008, 09:09:22 PM»
well you can still retain style with better anatomy.
Like this drawing and this drawing, both artists are exhibiting good enough anatomy but with different styles.

anyway, basically what mina-chan said. these honestly need a lot of work.

anything