turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Critique please! you can be harsh ;)  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Lancelot

Critique please! you can be harsh ;)
«: August 11, 2008, 09:40:33 PM»
NEW

So I'm looking for whatever critque you can give. Comment on whatever; the shading, lineart, anatomy. Redlines are nice too if you want. (:

ok so heres the deal I don't care if you sugar coat anything, you can be harsh/down to it AS LONG as you actually give me something that can help me improve. it has to be constructive

thanks  8)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:07:56 AM by Lancelot »

Sesruc

Re: Price please!
«Reply #1: August 12, 2008, 03:52:50 PM»
8-12

Offline acme

«Reply #2: August 12, 2008, 03:58:11 PM»
5-7. great improvements!

Offline lu

«Reply #3: August 12, 2008, 05:52:17 PM»
7-10 gds.

Offline Hyorin

«Reply #4: August 12, 2008, 05:54:45 PM»
5-7gds.

Offline Maryvic

«Reply #5: August 13, 2008, 06:16:03 PM»
The first portrait is adorable. 5-10.

Offline Lancelot

Re: Critique please! you can be harsh ;)
«Reply #6: March 28, 2009, 05:53:24 AM»
new port. would like any critique please (:

Offline Lancelot

«Reply #7: March 28, 2009, 09:52:12 PM»
It's cute but the anatomy feels a bit wonky (the eyes feel too close together, it's hard to detect facial structure and therefore species).

I see you using shading for texture, that's nice. What you're not using shading for is actual shading and you seem to lack a key light source as well. This makes your artwork look flat flat flat. You can shade with more than three colors. (Am I going to have to write copypasta?)

Here's a quick and dirty crappily shaded touch up as an example of what I'm talking about--keep in mind I've probably overshaded a bit to make the shading easier to spot.

Hmm yeah looking at it now it definitely doesn't have a prominent enough light source lol. So i'll have to work on that.

thanks the example was helpful (:

Offline Sdae

«Reply #8: April 02, 2009, 01:46:26 PM»
I agree with what Youlanda has said. The light source definately helps and I can see what people are saying about the atonomy being a bit over exagerated. The face could be worked on a little more, a.k.a the eyes, being more defined, bit larger, farther apart, pushed up a little more.

I would make it a little better but I'm a little shakey with the mouse. Otherwise I think everything is covered. Beautiful work otherwise!

Offline La-la

Offline michelle

«Reply #10: April 10, 2009, 04:44:16 PM»
something about the ear on *our* left looks a little misplaced.
i'm sorry, i fail at art or else i'd redline.

anything