turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Aeva's Reviews  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Minders

Aeva's Reviews
«: August 13, 2008, 06:54:39 PM»
PEOPLE I'VE COMMISSIONED
Adeana - I've commissioned her for a couple of ports of Aeva over the past several months. Very pleasant to work with, no problems whatsoever. Her work's a bit pricy, but I think it's worth it.

Alabaster Sea - I commissioned her for a portrait of Aeva back in December. It took some time to get completed, but I was -very- happy with it.

Blaze Husky - Got two $10 sketches from her late last year, I think it was, one of Aeva and the other of my other main, Anya. Lordy, those turned out beautifully. She even mailed me the pieces! Awesome girl, commission her sometime.

Dwy - Looove. Commissioned her for a portrait not too long ago, excellent work as always :3 Kept me updated with progress shots and such. An absolute joy to work with, I'd love to commission her again sometime :D

Elle - My God, I love this girl x.x I fell in love with her style right away. I've commissioned her twice in the past, once for a port and the other for a quickie $10 sketch, with another commission for two ports in progress, and I've also purchased a premade from her. VERY pleasant to work with, never had any problems with her, and she works quickly :D

Firebreak - Better known as my nonbiological overseas sister. Commissioned/traded with her several times over the past few years, no problems at all, and she's improved so much over time. Much love <3

Frisket - Otherwise known as Melissa O'Brien. I commissioned her a year or two ago for a "paperdoll" of Anya. She showed me various stages of the piece as she worked and made a few modifications when something was a bit off. Pricy, but I would love to commission her again sometime.

Jaiex - An absolute sweetheart. I commissioned her back in March '08 for a portrait of Aeva and it's so frigging adorable ;; Commission her! You won't be disappointed.

Jenni - Commissioned her for a port recently, everything went just fine. I got to see various stages of the piece, double-checking to make sure everything was as it should be. I think her stuff's worth more than what she charges :[ Would gladly commission again.

Morgan - Commissioned a nonremap port from her not too long ago. Holy crap, she works quick xD Had no problems at all with her. Very happy with the result, and though she doesn't do ports anymore, her artwork is still gorgeous.

Mythi - Commissioned her for a portrait. She was playing around with a lineless style at the time, but it's purdy, and I loved the pose and background so much. Very easy to work with, and while not cheap, her work is beautiful.

Nepenthe - Uuugh. I would've been happy with just the sketch she did for my portrait, that was gorgeous xD The portrait was even more so, one of my favorites, and I got to see various stages of the piece. I loved working with her, I just might have to commission her again in the future.

Nita - My Gooood commission her if you ever get the chance. I commissioned her for two nonremap ports and a big CG piece featuring Anya and her fiance, as a birthday present for the fiance's player. I was blown away by the final piece. I was very involved in the process, every time she did something significant she sent me an email asking if everything was fine with it and if anything needed to be changed. As a bonus she even made nonremap ports from the big image. She seems inactive now, but I would LOVE to commission her again. On the expensive side, but you do get what you pay for.

Nocturia/Hollie - Got a $20-something full-body cell-shaded piece from her not too long ago. I cracked up xD She captured Aeva's attitude perfectly. She had a bunch of others on her list, but despite that she got my piece done relatively quickly. I loved working with her, no trouble at all, and plan on commissioning her again in the future.

Noxturnal - LOVE. I've commissioned her for a portrait and a simple CG piece, and they were absolutely gorgeous; I love her style. She works quickly, never had any problems with her, and I will be commissioning her again, perhaps sooner rather than later.

Rx/Miccy - My God x.x She turned out a portrait of Aeva that completely blew me away. Definitely my favorite portrait that I've ever commissioned of Aeva. Still waiting on a CG piece, but after what I've already seen, I can only imagine how that'll turn out. There was/is a delay due to vacation and moving, but definitely worth the wait. I'll add more here once I get the second piece.

Sekhmet - One of my favorite artists ever. Ever. I was lucky enough to snag a commission spot from her this summer and requested two sketches of Aeva. She had them done within a couple weeks of starting each, and she mailed me the final pieces, which I've kept in the plastic she sent them to me in for fear of ruining something so beautiful until I get frames. Not cheap, even for sketches, but if you have the money and can catch her when she's taking commissions, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. One of these days I will save up enough money to get a fully-colored piece from her @[email protected] Someday.

StormyChaos - I love her style. I commissioned her for a portrait at the start of this year. She worked closely with me, showing me the sketch, the linework and the flat-colors as she got to them to make sure everything was as it needed to be. No problems with her at all, would love to commission again sometime :D

Taikata - Hoooly crap. I got my port about a day after I snagged a commission spot, and I'm just blown away by the result. This isn't something I ask port artists to do because I know it's not easy and hell if I do it in my own ports of Aeva, but she took the time to give Aeva her trademark fluffy fur (Maine Coons FTW) and it turned out beautifully. An amazing and sweet artist, check her out if you haven't already.

Tooth - I love Tooth. She has such a unique style that I've loved from the start. I recently commissioned her for a CG piece of my mobster Serafine and it was amazing ;; Very good work for the price, reliable, you won't be disappointed!

Toushin/Harley - I commissioned her for a port back in June, I think it was. Got to see it in various stages as it was being worked on and it was turning out beautifully. There wasn't any contact for a few weeks due to issues on her end, but I just got the port and I love it so much ;; Well worth the wait. Fairly priced, high quality, highly recommended.

Trex - Definitely one of my favorite port artists. I've commissioned her for two portraits; the first one was a few months back, and while I loved it, poor thing didn't like it so much herself. I was lucky enough to snag the one open spot not too long ago and my God it was beautiful. Even better, she liked it :D And then she blew me away again with an amazing contest entry. A bit hard on herself at times, but very pleasant to work with.

Turquoise - Commissioned her to do a full-body piece of Aeva back when she needed a bazillion port spaces. So cute! Reminded me of Aeva in her younger years :> Pleasant to work with, would gladly commission again.

Tuwano/Nichole - I commissioned her for a quick drawing plus a background. Emphasis on the "quick," I got my piece two days later and it was just amazing; I was blown away. More love because she dealt with me being a dork and sending my original request for something she wasn't offering because I didn't read something right xD Recommended, would commission again in a heartbeat.

If I've forgotten anybody, let me know!

PEOPLE WHO'VE COMMISSIONED ME
Alea - NOT RECOMMENDED. Fairly pleasant to work with at the start, I did first one portrait for her character, Foxy VanDangle, and then once that was done and paid for she asked me to do a couple port of Foxy and her mate, Darvon. I finished that, and there were some delays on the payment. Okay, no big deal. But then I got an email a couple weeks later from PayPal saying that hey, the payment on the first portrait has been labeled as unauthorized. She said that her friend had hacked her account and sent all sorts of unauthorized payments, but mine was authorized and she said she'd cancel it. She didn't. I asked her again to, she said she did. She didn't. Then she said that there was no way that she could find to cancel the dispute, and we agreed that if I refunded the money that she would pay me back in GD. After hearing the same story every time I did manage to get in contact with her, I never got the $25 owed to me, and the portraits were fixed up for resale.

Amkhaibitu - Commissioned me for a remappable portrait. Had to play around a lot because she wanted a lying-down pose that crammed as much of the character into it as possible xD Aaand a full-body wasn't going to happen without looking like shyte. We compromised with a pose that featured everything but knees-down and that seemed to work out well. Pleasant to work with, no problems :>

Angelic Sin - Commissioned me for a remap port. Such an awesome girl. She provided a lot of good refs, paid ahead of time (not something I ask for, but nonetheless appreciated) and was overall a joy to work with. She went around bragging about her new port, which actually prompted someone to get in touch with me for a commission! I'm so glad she liked it enough to flaunt it. No problems whatsoever, I look forward to working with her again sometime.

Boxxcutter - Commissioned me for a cleaned-up pencil sketch of her character Demi back in 2007. Had a fair amount of problems with it. mainly because I phailed at anything remotely human at the time (I still do, but not quite as badly xD). Gave me a few anatomy pointers, too :> Pleasant to work with, prompt payment.

Chinchilla - Much love. She's commissioned me for three portraits. A real joy to work with, even bearing with me for a bit as I had some, uh, issues with her feral AFK port XD No issues whatsoever, highly recommended.

Dance Dance Revolution - Commissioned me for a remappable portrait. She was patient with me when I took a bit longer than I normally would to produce a sketch, but then the port was done by the afternoon of the next day XD Very sweet and prompt with payment, I look forward to working with her again :3

Faith Addler/Sabrina Crofton - Commissioned me some time ago for a two-character full-body CG and a 24-bit nonremap portrait of another of her characters. Slow to respond at times, and there was a slight delay with payment, but other than that no real problems. She came back for a second 24-bit port, but she never replied when I showed her the lined version of the sketch, even after a month, month and a half. I'd be wary to take any more commissions from her now.

Fawkiia - Commissioned me for a remap portrait. I can honestly say that that was the first time in a long time that I've been so eager to keep working on a port until it was done. She let me have some freedom designing clothes and such, and I tried out a new shading technique. Everything turned out beautifully, she was very happy with the result. No problems at all, prompt with payment, very sweet and otherwise awesome. Highly recommended!

Ferrow - Commissioned me for a marker piece back in '07. This was a learning piece for me because I hadn't done any marker pieces up to that point where the character was solely covered in black fur xD Learned a fair amount about how to shade folds, too. No problems, would gladly work with again :>

Jadyn - Probably one of the most patient people on the planet ;; She put up with me when I was having issues with a sketch the first time she commissioned me (though I ended up not doing the piece due to circumstances on her end), and the second time while I spent ages getting the linework done right xD Very sweet, very easy to work with, highly recommended :> Check out her artwork, too! She recently commissioned me for a portrait, but her internet blew out on her when I was nearing completion. She worked something out with her friends to make sure I got payment ;; I wouldn't have had any problems waiting, but that just goes to show how awesome she is :D

Naida Lelia - Commissioned me for a remappable portrait. Moar human! Ugh xD She's a highly-recommended commissioner, a real joy to work with :D No trouble.

Nemo Kiana - An absolute dear. She commissioned me for a portrait and a full-body CG piece. As one of my friends will point out, shading the yellow dress on the big piece made me want to shoot myself, but it turned out nicely. Very sweet, prompt with payment, would work with again :D

Nikki-Knack - Bunny-lynx! I loved working with her. She provided some very handy references, very easy to work with, no problems at all and would gladly work with again. She has some nice artwork, go check her out! o:

Peacerose - Another awesome commissioner. Good references, very descriptive, too. Highly recommended :D

Penelope - Commissioned me way back for a picture for a marker piece of her character back when she was known as Cupid. VERY easy to work with, prompt with payment, no problems at all. Highly recommended! Extra points because she helped me with some website coding not too long ago when I was still a n00b with I-frames.

Sadil - Much love. She's purchased a premade off of me and commissioned me a couple of times. VERY pleasant to work with, good contact, highly recommended <3

Sasuki - Commissioned me recently for a port and some lineart. She knows what she wants, so if you don't like to make many changes, she's probably not for you. That said, she's very polite about pointing out what she would like changed. She provided a very detailed description, and while I had to play around with a number of different poses for both pieces, in the end she was happy with the results, and I thoroughly enjoyed working with her.

Shel - She commissioned me for a remappable portrait back in October of 2007. First hyena ever! xD Very sweet, no problems at all.

Sunbeam - VERY sweet :3 Lots of useful references, prompt with payment. I loved working with her.

Tooth - LOVE. Supplied lots of good references and had a blast working with her, no problems at all. Would gladly work with again.

Tulah - Probably the most interesting piece I have ever been asked to do: a 24-bit nonremap portrait of an anthro terrorbird with a human face. This piece proved that I didn't totally phail at human faces anymore, since it turned out alright after only a couple of tries. I had to get creative when it came to the feathers, but it turned out well and she liked the result. Again, no problems, a recommended commissioner :>

Twisted Shades - I wasn't sure what I was gonna get myself into by taking this commission because she warned me up-front that she was rather picky, and I'm kinda hesitant to deal with people like that for fear of getting ass-reamed. Either she made it sound worse than it really was or I did alright xD Very sweet, very polite. Recommended!

Wesclyde - Much love for this guy. He was on my list back in July, but repeated failed attempts to even produce a sketch that was decent lead me to drop it and close commissions for a bit to recharge. He was still interested in commissioning me, though, so he got back on the list once I opened up again, with a much better result. VERY friendly and polite, nice to just chat a bit with, too :3 Highly recommended.

X - I love this girl so much xD She's commissioned me multiple times, for portraits as well as traditional media stuff, and I've never had any problems with her at all. She's an absolute sweetheart, I'll do art for her anytime :D Highly recommended.

Again, if I've forgotten anybody, let me know!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:26:41 PM by Aeva »

Offline Sedde

Re: Aeva's Reviews
«Reply #1: August 14, 2008, 10:44:18 AM»
Much <3 to you.

Offline Pumpkin

«Reply #2: August 15, 2008, 07:55:00 PM»
Awww, thank you for the sweet words. <3
-Quit Furcadia. HARK.-

Offline Minders

«Reply #3: August 16, 2008, 05:23:38 AM»
<333 to you both.

+Taikata

Offline Kratos

«Reply #4: August 16, 2008, 07:22:15 PM»
i commissioned you for a fullbody colored drawing of Cupid (now Penelope)

Offline Minders

«Reply #5: August 16, 2008, 09:51:28 PM»

Ack, I knew I would forget somebody xD I'll add you now <3

Offline Kratos

«Reply #6: August 17, 2008, 12:22:55 AM»

Ack, I knew I would forget somebody xD I'll add you now <3

yay ♥
ty very much ma'am

Offline Jadyn

«Reply #7: August 17, 2008, 12:30:49 AM»
I commissioned you twice~ :P

Offline Minders

«Reply #8: August 17, 2008, 12:33:02 AM»
I commissioned you twice~ :P

ADDING YOU NOW. xD Sorry <3