turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Free port, but I need help.  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Shnee

Free port, but I need help.
«: September 08, 2008, 12:43:39 AM»

Soyeah. I made that a little while ago but have no reason to keep it and doubt anyone would buy it (or would they?), so I just decided to make it a free port.
But unfortuantly, I don't know how to make it available for everyone to use. ._. On DA, people have the remapping colors and you can just take it from that. But I can't upload it onto DA without it being a little pixelated by the jpg'ing.
The other thing people do is upload preview images like the one above and let people open the .fox file by pressing download, but I've searched everywhere on DA and can't figure out how they do that. D: DA won't let you upload .fox files, so I have no idea how people do that. I've sent notes to a few people asking how without any response so far, so I'm hoping someone can help me out here?

Jacki-Tomodachi

Re: Free port, but I need help.
«Reply #1: September 08, 2008, 01:37:26 AM»
You can upload it on DA as the .fsh/fox file directly, and have a preview image chose to display what the download file is. [ its 2 in the morning, so if i need to, i can explain it more when i get home from school ><]

Offline Minders

«Reply #2: September 08, 2008, 01:49:48 AM»
You can upload it as a PNG or BMP, it doesn't butcher like JPG does. Or you can upload a preview image with a link in the description to the PNG/BMP on Photobucket or some other host.

Offline Shnee

«Reply #3: September 08, 2008, 09:13:34 AM»
You can upload it on DA as the .fsh/fox file directly, and have a preview image chose to display what the download file is. [ its 2 in the morning, so if i need to, i can explain it more when i get home from school ><]

Can you explain? x) When I go to upload the file, it just won't let me upload any .fox/fsh files.

Offline Kratos

«Reply #4: September 08, 2008, 11:05:26 AM»
take the remapping version from the .fox file, open up mspaint.
save it (making sure its 95 x 95 and all nice and ready) as a PNG file.
upload it.

alternatively..
under pixel art, characters, non-isometric, select the .fox file.
then select your preview file.
make sure you have the .fox file clicked, and it'll ask you to choose a preview file.
it should upload fine from there.

Jacki-Tomodachi

«Reply #5: September 08, 2008, 02:00:38 PM»
Penelope explained it in teh word fashion [ thank you, because i was at school this whole time, and they blocked forum sites.]

Here's a screenshot of it lol. XD

You'll see the fox/fsh file come up as Unknown. Then below it'll ask you to choose a preview image. Which needs to be 150x150 or smaller.

[ no that port is not free that i used, it was just a quick preview i clicked, and the file probably isnt free either XD i did not submit anything]

Offline Shnee

«Reply #6: September 08, 2008, 06:31:03 PM»
Ugh. What am I doing wrong?

Every time I just get this:

"Sorry, this file type is not allowed in category Digital Art > Pixel Art > Characters > Non-Isometric. Please select a different file or category. "

Offline Sync

«Reply #7: September 08, 2008, 06:40:14 PM»
Ugh. What am I doing wrong?

Every time I just get this:

"Sorry, this file type is not allowed in category Digital Art > Pixel Art > Characters > Non-Isometric. Please select a different file or category. "
are you uploading as a jpg?

Offline Morgan

«Reply #8: September 08, 2008, 07:26:55 PM»
jpgs arent allowed in pixel art section.

Offline Shnee

«Reply #9: September 08, 2008, 09:38:39 PM»
I am STILL getting the same problem.

"Sorry, 1 error prevented this print from being submitted. Please correct any errors indicated below and try again.
Sorry, this file type is not allowed in category Digital Art > Pixel Art > Characters > Non-Isometric. Please select a different file or category."

I've tried uploading the preview image as a jpeg, png, bitmap, EVERYTHING.
It says only the catagory is the problem, but I was told that this was the way to accept the .fox file.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #10: September 10, 2008, 02:29:26 PM»
I am STILL getting the same problem.

"Sorry, 1 error prevented this print from being submitted. Please correct any errors indicated below and try again.
Sorry, this file type is not allowed in category Digital Art > Pixel Art > Characters > Non-Isometric. Please select a different file or category."

I've tried uploading the preview image as a jpeg, png, bitmap, EVERYTHING.
It says only the catagory is the problem, but I was told that this was the way to accept the .fox file.

try fsh?

Offline Jenni

«Reply #11: September 10, 2008, 03:16:27 PM»
or .gif

Offline Sedde

«Reply #12: September 11, 2008, 10:10:23 AM»
I uploaded mine to resources and it stopped giving me that error message.

Offline Shnee

«Reply #13: September 11, 2008, 03:09:24 PM»
Eeh. I got it figured out. So this can be closed now or whatever.