turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in this...?  (Read 873 times)

Offline Malory

Would anyone be interested in this...?
«: September 18, 2008, 01:19:43 PM»
I can't currently get a good picture of a sample, but I will soon. Anyways. If there is any interest in this at all I'll see what I can do.

I've been making 3D beaded animals. They turn out gorgeous, and they are durable. I can add keychains or other hooks as well so that you can use them for just about anything you'd want.

I can also make bookmarks. I haven't tried it yet, but I am 90% certain that I can do custom patterns for these. Say you want a bookmark with your character on it. All I would have to do is have an example of your character and sit down and draw out the pattern.

For the 3D animals, price would depend on difficulty.

For bookmarks, the first few experimental ones would be cheap. But this also means I won't be using fancy beads. They'd be flat colored seed beads. No metallics. No glitter. Just plain beads and a ribbon at the top like a real bookmark :p

I also won't be doing these right away, but in about a week if enough show interest, I will consider opening commissions.

The pay method would be as followed:
*Buyer fills out a form for either 3D animal or bookmark.
*I make the item, if I can. I will not accept payment until afterwards since there are some things I can not make.
*After the item is made, I will take a series of photos for the buyer.
*If approved, payment will be sent and item shipped.
*If buyer dislikes the item, it will either be kept or resold. If it was a project for a personal character, it will just be kept or destroyed for the reuse of beads.

Offline fb

Re: Would anyone be interested in this...?
«Reply #1: September 18, 2008, 01:27:59 PM»
That actually sounds like it has a lot of potential.  I like the notion of the bookmarks quite a bit.

Offline Cinna

Re: Would anyone be interested in this...?
«Reply #2: September 20, 2008, 11:57:19 AM»
Ooh that's such a neat idea, I hope you decide to open commissions! I don't have a lot to spend but if nothing else, i'd support the idea.