turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New premade  (Read 818 times)

Jacki-Tomodachi

• Topic Author
New premade
«: January 30, 2008, 03:19:37 PM»
I'm not uploading it here, and i just wanna know how much people would pay for this.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/Darkestlullabye/PremadePort.png?t=1201723668

there's the link, just comment here and tell me. [ Its also for sale, so either PM me or send a whisper to Jacki|Tomodachi|Satori]

Jacki-Tomodachi

• Topic Author
Re: New premade
«Reply #1: January 30, 2008, 09:09:10 PM»
23 views and no one posted any advice? WTH. really? I wanna know what people think so then i can improve, but if no one is willing to help, then how are we supposed to get more port artists out there? >> GIVE MEH HELP!

Offline Moose

«Reply #2: January 30, 2008, 09:20:59 PM»
My suggestion would be to improve on the shape of the mouth - the pose is excellent however the edges of the mouth seems very boxy, almost like if the wolf closed it's mouth it wouldn't close all the way.

That sounded better in my head.
*Chugs coffee*

Jacki-Tomodachi

• Topic Author
«Reply #3: January 30, 2008, 10:38:32 PM»
My suggestion would be to improve on the shape of the mouth - the pose is excellent however the edges of the mouth seems very boxy, almost like if the wolf closed it's mouth it wouldn't close all the way.

That sounded better in my head.
*Chugs coffee*

Thanks for the advice ^^ It will help me in the futures.

Offline Dil

«Reply #4: January 30, 2008, 11:03:43 PM»
The outline is a good start, but the shading looks rather dull. If you look on photos or real animals, they aren't flat all the way across. Theres curves, clumps of fur, muscles... You need to define the "shape" of the wolf using darker shadows where the light wouldn't hit as much. You could study other ports to get an idea of how to do it, just as long as you don't outright copy. I also looked at photos when I had trouble drawing fur and such.
 Feel free to look at my ports to see how I shade. :)