turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [DONE] Delete your own posts?  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Tate

[DONE] Delete your own posts?
«: January 30, 2008, 05:38:09 PM»
Like, if you're bumping your thread with an update, why not be able to delete the rest of the updates, as to not make your thread cluttered?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 07:53:54 PM by Narnia »

Offline Mala

Re: Delete your own posts?
«Reply #1: January 30, 2008, 06:49:46 PM»
Hurr, I was just thinking about this last night. I guess you beat me to it. 0:

Maybe just deleting the whole thread all together as well?

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #2: January 30, 2008, 08:01:37 PM»
I see your suggestion. We shall discuss! Thank you.

Offline Tate

«Reply #3: January 30, 2008, 08:31:52 PM»
Okies :D Thanks for taking it in to consideration!

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: January 30, 2008, 11:17:02 PM»
I'm not a fan of being able to delete your own posts, because it means that I might not be able to see what was posted that caused a problem. Let me run a check on something though and I might be able to give you what you want. I need to check if user deleted posts are 'recycled' like admin deleted posts.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Tate

«Reply #5: January 31, 2008, 06:30:21 AM»
Oh, that would be a good thing.

I can see your point, as an admin, to not want to risk losing control of a situation, just so some people can have more convenience.

:3;

Offline Mala

«Reply #6: January 31, 2008, 05:17:59 PM»
Thinking about Narnia's pov, maybe the the owner of the thread could PM an admin to give a quick looky-through before deletion?

...Or would that be difficult still?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #7: January 31, 2008, 09:04:22 PM»
I don't even mind a PM to delete a thread. Still looking into my above recycling situation. I'm just busy.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sanne

«Reply #8: February 05, 2008, 02:04:23 PM»
The recycling option is a fast and easy way of doing it and hard-coded in SMF. Restricting a specific 'graveyard' board to admins/mods only also allows for a quick review. Topics will be posted with the topic title being Re: [TOPIC SUBJECT] or something long those lines, so you always know what it's a reply about.

I set mine up in about 3-4 minutes, so it's definitely not time consuming. You could also make it so that only people of a certain post count achieved rank gain the delete options (though you'd have to divert from the regular post count based membergroups)

If the board gets cluttered with posts and there are no issues that need attending, it can just be completely pruned.

Just sharing my own system here, don't mind me if it doesn't fit the needs. x3;
"Deep down inside, you wish you were skinny."
"No. Deep down inside, you wish you had half the confidence I have to be yourself."

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: February 05, 2008, 11:56:24 PM»
That's exactly what I was looking at doing Sadil. I just need to double check something on it before I put it on. I need to find like 30 minutes out of my day this week to devote to FAZ so I can get some things in place.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #10: February 23, 2008, 07:49:29 PM»
Done!

Offline Tate

Re: [DONE] Delete your own posts?
«Reply #11: February 23, 2008, 10:55:29 PM»
Thank you, Narn :D