turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: First port  (Read 748 times)

Offline Tate

First port
«: January 31, 2008, 04:42:19 AM»

My first actual port. I've had lots of practice, actually, with ports... But it was all on ports made for me, and all kept private. The practice was for myself to see, no one else.

But, today...I decided to finally bite the bullet, and make lineart. That's the only thing that had been keeping me from doing ports, this whole time, was my fear of making ugly lineart.

Since I didn't have a sketch on hand to make the lineart from, I used a picture I took with my camera phone of my Gerbil, Alex

The only thing taken from the photo is the lineart. Shading and everything else is my own (and, hell, the lineart was hard as hell to do, too, because the picture was so blurry.).

This is for my alt Tachs. If you see anyone else wearing it... please tell me. -_-

Tachs, art (c) me

Offline Mala

Re: First port
«Reply #1: January 31, 2008, 05:19:48 PM»
Baww, it looks so cute!

Both the gerbil and the port. c:

The shading and background are very detailed, and overall, lovely port. <33

Offline Tate

«Reply #2: January 31, 2008, 10:53:35 PM»
Thank you, Mina. :3;;

Oh my god, I was in class earlier.. I had to leave an hour early, because my eyes couldn't focus correctly.. e_e;;

Pixeling is a bad thing. D:

Offline Lord

«Reply #3: February 02, 2008, 01:45:32 AM»
my only suggestion would be to make the lines on the gerbil a little smoother.

but it does look pretty nice.

Offline Tate

«Reply #4: February 02, 2008, 02:49:42 AM»
Yeah... What sucks is, I only notice mistakes once I've finished the piece and put it in to use. Ah, whatever god there is must hate me. xD

I noticed, an hour after it got accepted, that the lines on the bum were a bit odd. >.o; Too late to fix it, now!

anything