turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Economy's Toast! toaster sale  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Booker

The Economy's Toast! toaster sale
«: September 29, 2008, 07:23:57 PM»
THE ECONOMY'S TOAST, SO BUY A TOASTER LOLOL PUN

did anyone else find this to be a little uhhh i dunno. not amusing in the least? i don't personally think their little jokes about the economy problem were justified, let alone necessary.

maybe it's something people shouldn't be offended by, but i can't say it doesn't bother me.

[20:17] 1: Exercise your freedom to Get Cool Stuff! Only you can prevent fire sales on Wall Street!
[20:17] 2: THAT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS
[20:17] 2: how about the fires on wall street when the twin towers collapsed
[20:17] 2: TEE HEE HEE
[20:17] 2: go fuck yourselves
[20:20] 2: they may think they're being cute
[20:20] 2: but this is like celebrating hurricane ike fucking people up the ass
[20:20] 2: IKE DESTROYED COUNTLESS TOWNS
[20:20] 2: FOR ONLY 39.99, GET YOUR FREE HURRICANE AVATAR AND FIGHT FOR YOUR FRIENDS!
[20:20] 2: GET IT!
[20:21] 2: WE'RE SOOOOOOO WITTY!

i'm not the only one who feels unhappy about this.

OPINIONS?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 08:06:06 PM by Clint »

Offline La-la

Re: The Economy's Toast! toaster sale
«Reply #1: September 29, 2008, 07:56:06 PM»
yeah, not being cute at all. i don't think it's funny that my step dad lost his job and my parents are struggling to pay bills. obv furcadia does though. hey, whatever gets them tons of money for absolutely nothing, right? i swear to god they're just going to start making up holidays. .. or do they. they do, don't they.

Offline Booker

«Reply #2: September 29, 2008, 08:15:03 PM»
yeah, i've had family all over losing their jobs. it's really hurting employees and the tons of people around them. i wonder if they've realized how insensitive they're being? i'm sure they're ready to have their own pitiful holidays, which would only bring MORE horrible sales tactics.

Offline LSD

«Reply #3: September 29, 2008, 08:17:51 PM»
was wondering if i was the only person that went "= / ...huh."

guess not

Criss Angel

«Reply #4: September 29, 2008, 08:43:26 PM»
it's definitely not amusing >=[ makes me kinda angry

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: September 29, 2008, 08:46:03 PM»
uhh i don't think it's funny but i don't really care.

Offline Warhol

«Reply #6: September 29, 2008, 08:51:31 PM»
was wondering if i was the only person that went "= / ...huh."

guess not

Same. I think it was really stupid. I live in New York City, and that's the only thing people are talking about around here, that and politics. But yeah, that's freakin' crazy, and plus since I live here I get the news asap. It's all over, and then I come online and see that?! I thought it was ridiculous. 'The Economy's Toast, so pay 30 dollars for a digo even if your parents/you are losing jobs/money. :D' Pathetic.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:03:58 PM by Warhol »

Offline Azula

«Reply #7: September 29, 2008, 08:55:14 PM»
why so serious?????

Offline Narnia

«Reply #8: September 29, 2008, 10:23:40 PM»
Just in case you all need clarification...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_sale

In all reality though, you need to lighten up if you found this offensive. I mean if you thought this pun was bad, then god forbid you watch any late night talk shows, the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, or any other show that may have comedy involved at this point in our lives.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Warhol

«Reply #9: September 29, 2008, 10:53:34 PM»
It's not that, I don't care what the Daily Show or the Colbert Report say, the blurb was witty, but it's not like the Daily Show or the Colbert Report are asking you to pay money. That joke was like, 'oh hi, your financial income is slipping, buy some items on some game that really isn't worth it if you're losing your job!' And thirty bucks? What if since the stock market crashing, you can't afford to do that? Some people come on furcadia to relax and not think about stuff offline, yet furcadia shoves this right in your face. It was distasteful. They're using a financial crisis for financial gain. That is disgusting. It's like using 9/11 to sell firemen related items or something.

I'm not offended by this, it was just well... stupid. I wouldn't mind watching the late night gags, I bet they're hilarious. I just think it was very very stupid on furcadias part.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:55:43 PM by Warhol »

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #10: September 29, 2008, 11:26:31 PM»
I agree with Mauser completely here, but I want to add:

some game that really isn't worth it if you're losing your job!

Are you talking about Digo Market items or Furc as a whole here? The items maybe not, but I know if I were to lose my home or something I would definitely seek refuge on Furc because I know s many wonderful supportive people here.

I mean, yes, the situation sucks. You can feel its effects everywhere. But I don't see what's so wrong poking a little fun now and again--this is I think the first time I can remember where Furc has done anything like this. Normally they avoid these kinds of issues and I see why. =\

I'm really sorry for those who're being the most heavily affected by this...

Offline Booker

«Reply #11: September 30, 2008, 02:19:37 PM»
you guys are right rofl
i think the reason i started the topic was because at first i was surprised. i didn't expect to see something like that in the digomarket, so i posted before thinking a long while about it. f-f-f-fail

Offline Warhol

«Reply #12: September 30, 2008, 03:44:28 PM»
I agree with Mauser completely here, but I want to add:

some game that really isn't worth it if you're losing your job!

Are you talking about Digo Market items or Furc as a whole here? The items maybe not, but I know if I were to lose my home or something I would definitely seek refuge on Furc because I know s many wonderful supportive people here.

Nah, I mean the digo market.

And I just originally posted because I agreed that it was low on furcadia's part. I just didn't think it was right, and I still don't, I'm not saying I'm going to stop buying from furcadia because 'omfg they insulted the economy' I don't really care, I just agreed that that was a stupid joke. I'm not planning on buying it, and I know they'll probably make money off of a crisis, just, shit, that was stupid on their part. I believe it was, even if you others might not.

Offline sarragh

«Reply #13: September 30, 2008, 03:48:42 PM»
I'm not planning on buying it, and I know they'll probably make money off of a crisis, just, shit, that was stupid on their part. I believe it was, even if you others might not.

maybe it's the people that aren't being affected as harshly. like i said. it's not funny that my family can't support my two younger siblings. and if i need to "LIGHTEN UP" because of that, well, hah. i guess that's just humanity nowadays.

Offline La-la

«Reply #14: September 30, 2008, 03:49:06 PM»
DAMNIT WOMAN WHY DONT YOU EVER SIGN OUT that was me.

Offline Azula

«Reply #15: September 30, 2008, 04:17:27 PM»
people use humor to lighten shit up so they don't fucking kill themselves with depression.

god damn.

Offline Skink

«Reply #16: September 30, 2008, 11:56:11 PM»
people use humor to lighten shit up so they don't fucking kill themselves with depression.

god damn.

QUICK DEP MAKE A JOKE SO YOU'RE NOT FORCED TO SUICIDE

I think this is just a case of too soon. Def. a touchy subject to be profiting off of a catastrophe. Kinda like if someday we saw CALIFORNIA FINALLY SUNK BUT YOU'LL STAY AFLOAT WITH YOUR PENGUIN AVATAR AND SURF BOARD DESCTAG WAY TO SURVIVE.  And the people in california and their family pretty much just make a hardcore >:( from the back of their savior dolphins. Kinda like how the only one in the group who doesn't laugh at the slavery joke is the black guy. Might seem silly that they won't to everyone else but not to them.

Offline Azula

«Reply #17: October 01, 2008, 12:06:49 AM»
it was a general statement bro so go fuck yourself with the words youre puttin in my mouth!

on csi miami horatio makes those horrible puns to lighten things up also with the YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH

also i live in california and would lol at that and would buy it promptly because i don't have a giant stick up my ass

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #18: October 01, 2008, 04:10:53 AM»
Then don't buy the toaster and get over yourself? Everyone is affected by the economy status one way or another, worldwide. But things will become better sooner or later. Getting your panties in a twist because a silly internet game made a silly joke...

Now who of all the people who are so offended over this are always going on about how it's 'just the internet'?

Yeah, lighten up. Things will be better.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #19: October 01, 2008, 09:30:25 AM»
Wait, this is 'just the internet'?

The internet is serious business.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #20: October 01, 2008, 09:47:02 AM»
Quoting my friend, since she has a really damn good point here, rofl.

While we are at it, we better not have a Halloween sale, cause some people are offended by Halloween.  Or a Christmas sale cause not everyone celebrates Christmas. some people are afraid of dogs, lets get rid of canine avs. No Valantines Day sale.. Some people might feel bad cause they aren't with someone. Lets ditch the rings too.  What if someone's parents got divorced recently? WE DONT WANT TO RISK OFFENDING EVERYONE!!

So from now on, all digos will be little grey squares... and you just type in your desc what you are pretending to be. AS LONG AS IT OFFENDS NO ONE

Offline sarragh

«Reply #21: October 01, 2008, 09:54:58 AM»
Quoting my friend, since she has a really damn good point here, rofl.

While we are at it, we better not have a Halloween sale, cause some people are offended by Halloween.  Or a Christmas sale cause not everyone celebrates Christmas. some people are afraid of dogs, lets get rid of canine avs. No Valantines Day sale.. Some people might feel bad cause they aren't with someone. Lets ditch the rings too.  What if someone's parents got divorced recently? WE DONT WANT TO RISK OFFENDING EVERYONE!!

So from now on, all digos will be little grey squares... and you just type in your desc what you are pretending to be. AS LONG AS IT OFFENDS NO ONE

Being jewish is different from being broke. Being single is different than losing your house.

Offline Zhimonster

«Reply #22: October 01, 2008, 09:56:43 AM»

I for one, am very offended by little grey squares.

Really, maybe the sale thing was in slightly poor taste.. well then, don't buy it, move on.

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #23: October 01, 2008, 10:21:23 AM»

Being jewish is different from being broke. Being single is different than losing your house.

Neither of my parents have had a job for over 5 years now. They can't get one because they're too old. We were evicted from our house 4 years ago and heavily in debt.

Life is tough, but here I am, buying my digos and laughing at silly jokes. You really need to lighten up, life can be shit, but it only stays shit if you give it a reason to be. <.< It's as simple as change in perspective.

Offline sarragh

«Reply #24: October 01, 2008, 10:35:15 AM»
.. If you're heavily in debt shouldn't you be helping your family instead of spending money on furcadia?

anything