turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Faust's Art contest! :D - Ended  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Farren

Faust's Art contest! :D - Ended
«: October 02, 2008, 08:23:11 PM»
Sorry that took a bit longer than I said. Had some issues with the comp yesterday due to my mom shutting it down without first asking me if I was done with it yet.
So, here is the winners :D
1st place goes to :icontoasterpip:
-The judges really liked this one. It was really well done. Once I saw it, I figured it was a definate win in the judges' opinions.

2nd place goes to :iconsepapa-san:
-This one was gonna be first till the above one entered. A very good port. Well done and such. I'm well aware of how hard it is to fit more than one person in that tiny 95x95 space.

3rd goes to :iconchoshi: with their port of Farren holding the skull
-The judges didn't say which port they liked better, so I went and chose the one with the skull. Even though it's kinda hard to tell that it is a skull, it's still cool that they included one. And I like skulls more than hearts. :D

4th and 5th go to :iconcynder989: and :iconchoshi:'s second port, the one with the heart. Sorry that those two entries didn't make it... maybe next time, eh?

Now I am off to send notes to the winner

-

Contest ended. Judging should take place tomorrow. Entrants, be prepared with yer requests (who should sub go to if you get 1st, who should be drawn if you get second, and who should get a port drawn of them if you get 3rd..)

~~UPDATE~~
If you want to enter but already have the first prize and are afraid that you'll win first, then you can have me give it to someone else as a gift from you.
</end update>

What's it for?: Any art. Ports, drawings, traditional or digital media, photos, stories, poems, etc.

Subject matter: My char, in his newt outfit, with the addition of his wings. As it says on my dA journal - The art MUST be of Farren in his new outfit with his wings. The wings can't be held up, they have to be dragging the ground. A damaged look to them is preferrable. It's very much preferrable that you use the desc and refs I have provided for yer entries. For info on my char, to help with the entries, check out the sit at www.freewebs.com/farrendustfur and feel free to ask me any questions you may have through notes or whispers on furc (I'm Farren|Dustfur on furc)
Extra consideration may be given to those who include Libby and/or Trinity in the pics. (Trinity is nearly one year old at this point in time, and she's basically like a blue-eyed baby version of Libby without the floaty-heart... that's all the desc I currently have for her, though.)

Prizes: There'll be three. 1st prize is a three month sub to dA. 2nd is a drawn and shaded pic of the char of yer choice. 3rd is a furc port of the char of yer choice.

Deadline: Friday, october 17th, 2008

contact: Whisper me in-game as Farren|Dustfur, PM me here, or note me on dA

Entries:
http://serpapa-san.deviantart.com -
http://cynder989.deviantart.com -
http://choshi.deviantart.com - and
http://toasterpip.deviantart.com -

Remap color info, in case anyone wants to make a remap port:
Badge - ring and necklaces
bracers - nothing
boots - boots... of course.
cape - coat
eyes - eyes
fur - fur
hair - hair
markings - nothing
trousers - cargo pants
vest - nothing

The ones with 'nothing' next to them you can have something in the background remap to them, if you wish.

Oh, and realize that this art is of my character, and therefore is mine, but all artists who's art I use will get credit for the art.

Guidelines: For 2nd and 3rd place winners, the art you win WILL meet the guidelines for my requests/commissions.
Yer entries in the contest can be any sort of art... port art, traditional style drawings, digital art, photography (though dunno how that'd work), writing, etc. Nothing that can be considered erotic or sexual. That means no nudity, you pervs D<
If you dun win, or dun get the place you want, then dun come whining to me... I'll just ignore you. Just because you dun when dun mean yer art sucks. It's up to the judges to decide if yer art wins. And I'll leave the identity of the judges secret so no one bugs them or tries to bribe them D< If you do find out who the judges are, and bug/bribe them, it'll lead to yer disqualification. Dun bug me, either, about winning, and dun bribe me. I'll keep the bribes :D but look on yer entry less favorably.
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in disqualification.

Reasons you may not be elligible to enter:
If yer http://evilest-angel.deviantart.com (she knows why... she's my gf, darnit D: I'd be naturally biased or w/e towards her art that I love above all others')
If you already have a sub to dA
If the judges dun like you for some reason :D

And finally, you must have a dA, and you must upload yer entries to dA, aannd, you must send me notes with links to yer entries.

Want more info? Look here: http://mercyful-fate.deviantart.com/journal/20798051/
Also have refs on my dA and here on FAZ.

--

Just thought I'd post here, even though the main prize is a dA sub, and only one prize has anything to do with furc..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:06:52 PM by Farren »
Fishberries.

Offline Farren

Re: Faust's Art contest! :D
«Reply #1: October 12, 2008, 05:13:14 PM»
Just a reminder, contest ends in less than a week
Would be nice is some more people entered? ;;
Fishberries.

Offline Farren

«Reply #2: October 13, 2008, 10:21:44 AM»
Added an update, in hopes it'll get more entrants... ;;
Fishberries.

Offline Desade

«Reply #3: October 13, 2008, 10:46:59 AM»
Maybe entering.
~~~

Offline Farren

«Reply #4: October 14, 2008, 10:07:47 AM»
Maybe entering.

Alright. Please tell me if you do decide to enter so I can add you to the list of entrants :3
Fishberries.

Offline Farren

«Reply #5: October 16, 2008, 10:03:42 AM»
Just a reminder, tomorrow is the last day to get yer entries in. So hurry! D:
Fishberries.

Offline Farren

«Reply #6: October 17, 2008, 10:29:57 AM»
The contest will end tonight at 8:30 pm cst/fst to give me time to post up any last-minute entries before I go off to bed. So hurry up and get yer entries in if you haven't yet! D:
Fishberries.

Offline Farren

Re: Faust's Art contest! :D - Ended
«Reply #7: October 17, 2008, 08:38:28 PM»
Ended ;;
Fishberries.

Offline Farren

Re: Faust's Art contest! :D - Ended
«Reply #8: October 19, 2008, 01:08:43 PM»
Judging has happened! Winners announced! Read top part for who got what :3
Fishberries.

anything