turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [DONE] some suggestions rrr  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Sync

[DONE] some suggestions rrr
«: December 24, 2007, 08:54:03 PM»
iunno if any of these are easy or possible, i'm not really a programmer. just some suggestions lol.

1. could there be a way of being notified of comments through private messages? the time i received a comment i realized you were notified through email, not pm. i rarely check my email.. and i'm sure there are lots of people who don't either, so it might make it a little more convenient for us? 8D;; and it could be switched off for people who don't want to be notified.

2. like.. someting kind what DA has, page that sort all the pictures out by their views/when they were submitted? it might be easier for people who are just browsing...

..i forgot the rest i was going to do lol.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:01:41 PM by Narnia »

Offline Narnia

Re: some suggestions rrr
«Reply #1: January 02, 2008, 11:38:28 PM»
Suggestion 1:

I'm guessing you're referring to picture comments. I'll see if I can have them sent by PM.

Suggestion 2:

In the works. For the time being, it'll probably be a random gallery. I hope to fine tune that in the future.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #2: January 03, 2008, 03:49:30 PM»
If we DID get gallery comments via PM.. Is it possible for there to be a seperate box for them to go into? Just a thought.

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #3: January 03, 2008, 04:41:35 PM»
If we DID get gallery comments via PM.. Is it possible for there to be a seperate box for them to go into? Just a thought.

Here's what I have so far: Labels.

You can create labels for your messages. Under Messages --> Preferences --> Manage Labels.

I created a label called "Comments" so when I get a message from "Notifier" in my inbox I manually add the label "Comments" to it. (Check the box and choose the label from the drop down list at the bottom of the messages or just view the message and choose the label from the drop down menu on it). I'm looking into ways to create a more e-mail like system with folders and automatic filters. I'm sure Narnia is doing the same with his full plate.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 04:43:06 PM by Kiwi »

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #4: January 03, 2008, 10:06:09 PM»
An automated filter would be amazing. Where have you been finding things at?

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #5: January 03, 2008, 11:53:44 PM»
An automated filter would be amazing. Where have you been finding things at?

This one I just looked at the messages tab to see if it could do anything like you were asking for. Some of the little tweaks we may want might already be a part of the boards. Which would make things easier!

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: January 07, 2008, 10:38:53 PM»
Sana suggestions No. 2 - You can now view all of the images arranged by submission date or by most viewed through the gallery page.

I hope to add a random page soon so that you can just browse and get a random 25 images or so each time you reload the page.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sync

«Reply #7: January 12, 2008, 01:18:04 AM»
Sana suggestions No. 2 - You can now view all of the images arranged by submission date or by most viewed through the gallery page.

I hope to add a random page soon so that you can just browse and get a random 25 images or so each time you reload the page.
thanks, that really helps~

anything