turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 3 Questions 1 Optional.  (Read 1298 times)

Offline bowlegged

3 Questions 1 Optional.
«: October 05, 2008, 02:13:48 PM»
#1;
Q; You know what, it makes me mad how a person can shade so godly! I can't shade, not even ferals.
What are some good tutorials. That can actually help and not go; then you place your shadows; uhh what? Draw a sun it helps! Not reallyy... Good tips, detailed tutorials please!? Programs that can help!?

Q; Okay, I can draw ferals but what really bugs me is how I cannot draw humans/anthros. What are some best tips/techniques/tutorials that can help me with this issue?

Q;  People make backgrounds that are so pretty and that actually matches the portrait, How do you make them? With what program, and by how means EXPLAIN not say Oh i use this and a few brushes.

Q; This is the optional one; Would anyone care to make me a signature for free to use on my portraits? A duck or a dog, or both would be good c:

Offline Desade

Re: 3 Questions 1 Optional.
«Reply #1: October 05, 2008, 06:44:27 PM»
Background tutorial - http://fc58.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/160/1/d/Tutorial___Backgrounds_by_VincaWorks.gif

Shading tutorial - http://fc73.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/161/e/b/Tutorial___Portraits_by_VincaWorks.gif

For me, first making a very basic sketch helps, with plenty of shapes for joints and large body parts and lines for legs and arms etc...
~~~

Offline bowlegged

«Reply #2: October 05, 2008, 07:16:13 PM»
@Dancing;
The background helped and your tip helped as well!
I just can't understand the shading at all, words make me oozy. I need picture step-by-step how the person shaded, or started shading. All they do is photoscreen, then text it all without the extra "Here is how it goes" You know.. ?

Sesruc

«Reply #3: October 05, 2008, 07:27:49 PM»
#2:

observe proportions. those are vital towards drawing human-esque figures. how many heads high should they be? how many heads wide? are their facial features symmetrical? how long is an arm supposed to be? facial expressions? pose? try answering these questions for yourself and many more. draw from stock images.

tutorials always help.

Offline Desade

«Reply #4: October 05, 2008, 07:36:25 PM»
Hmm well, I'm not the greatest shader. If fact, I just starting doing proper digital portraits. But I've gotten some great tips; when you color everything in, start with a medium color, so not the darkest but not the lightest of that shade.  So if you were doing blue, it would be somewhere between midnight blue and sky blue.  Then once you did that solid layer, start adding the lighter highlights from your light source and then the darker areas.

Make sense?
~~~

Offline bowlegged

«Reply #5: October 05, 2008, 10:38:16 PM»
@Sesruc;
Wow, I actually never took the time to ask myself those questions I just tried to rush my self and see if i can magically draw humans well c:

@Dancingwolf;
THANK YOU! Now I get it, I always needed a starting point.

anything