turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: You never know what you have until it's gone...  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Arley

You never know what you have until it's gone...
«: October 10, 2008, 12:45:00 PM»
this is actually so true. I just lost my grandmother today and I didn't cry until everyone was gone. As a matter of fact, I started hyperventilating. She raised me... I guess this can be a thread to say if you've lost a loved one at all.

Offline Azula

Re: You never know what you have until it's gone...
«Reply #1: October 10, 2008, 01:10:13 PM»
my grandpa died when i was about 7 or 9... i had just visited him and he died 30 minutes after i left. it's like he was ~*waiting*~ to tell me good bye..

Offline Asyd

«Reply #2: October 10, 2008, 08:44:54 PM»
thats how it happened with my grandma. just old age.  i was 8, and the same night i came and said goodbye (PLUS kissed her on the cheek) she died a couple hours later that same night. so i feel grateful i got the chance to say goodbye.
i am r kelly

Offline Mala

«Reply #3: October 10, 2008, 11:21:16 PM»
a few years ago, my uncle (whom i've had never met, he lived overseas) died a week after i talked to him on the phone.

when we found out, my dad came said 'thank you so much for talking to him.'

it was the only time i heard his voice break. ever.

my grandmother (dad's side) and my grandfather (mum's side), whom i both was really close to, both died within two years of each other. it wasn't a surprise or anything, they had both been hospitalized. i only visited them a couple of times because it scared me so badly to see them looking like they were already dead.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:25:17 PM by Mina-chan »

Offline Tonks

«Reply #4: October 10, 2008, 11:22:04 PM»
i dont remember all the people that died who i knew really. i get over that shit really quickly because i dont like to form bonds with people...

my grandma on my father's side died a couple weeks ago and i still dont regret calling her puff the magic fucking dragon.
maybe a year or two ago my godfather died and that was the first time i cried for a long time before that.. it took like three hours to kick in after i heard about it
i think my aunt had a heart attack a while ago and i sent her a card while she was in the hospital but i havent heard about it since then so i dont know what happened.
a friend of mine got hit by a snowmobile when i was maybe 10 and she died from that

i hear about people dying in my family all the time and i just... really dont care. i never talk to any of them so i generally just carry on..

Offline Schwarz

«Reply #5: October 10, 2008, 11:36:58 PM»
My grandmother (mom's side) died about two years ago. My only grandparent since the others were all dead before I was born. Just a few days after Christmas, & she had been fine then. I was in shock when I found out. Like, I didn't want to believe it because I had just seen her all smiles & sunshine.

To make matters worse, I got fired from my job for taking time off for grieving. & I didn't really have anyone to talk to because my mom was falling apart & my dad never liked her, so he didn't seem to care much.

Ah, family.
I'm glad you realize how miserable your life would be without me.
re-animator.net -- a vast waste of internet

grimfaefly

«Reply #6: October 10, 2008, 11:48:55 PM»
Heh.. it's been a rough few years for me, kinda why I am starting to distance myself from people in general.

Three years ago my friend put himself infront of a train and died the same night in the hospital. He and I had gotten into an arguement the night before and I was going to call him to apologize and obviously never got the chance. Two days later a friend of my mother and myself took her life as well which I had a lot of guilt over since my mother left her side because I was hysterical.

Three months later (September) my grandmother (on dad's side) who I was extremely close to passed away. At least I got to say goodbye and thanked her for being who she was. That Christmas my uncle passed of diabetis, I never got to talk to him or tell him I loved him.

In April of this year my fiance's aunt passed from cancer six days after his birthday. In May my highschool friend passed during surgery and I didnt' find out until August because no one answered his phone, his parents weren't answering the house phone. I had to find out from a third party. In August my ex's mother passed from breast cancer and tumors. She and I hadn't spoken since my ex and I split however she always holds a place in my heart for the good she did for me.

On the 6th of this month I had to put my cat to sleep, I had him 10 years. Cancer runs in my fiance's family; his uncle has stage 3 stomach cancer, his sister has cervical, his father has skin cancer. Again, I am really starting to try and distance myself from everyone anymore.

Offline Nny

«Reply #7: October 11, 2008, 12:03:55 AM»
My best friend died 2 years ago.
The new Omen movie had just come out that day and, being the huge horror movie fans we were, we HAD to see it.
He was supposed to meet me there.
I waited at the theater for him but he never showed.
It was past the movie's time, so I got curious as to where he was so I walked to his house and his parents were there and he was in the hospital.
He died later that day.
I'm not going to say what exactly happened.
But.
Eh.

I went through horrid depressions on and off for a long time since then, and still kinda do. I had to see a therapist for the first year. Recently I realized that no matter what I said or did, he wasn't coming back. It was a hard thing to accept that he was gone, and it still kinda is, I realize that where ever he is now has to be somewhere peaceful.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:08:16 AM by JTHM »

Erde

«Reply #8: October 27, 2008, 08:06:06 AM»
I had a pet leopard gecko and, after returning from a week trip, I looked in the cage and she looked very ill (my step mom was supposed to be taking care of her, but her water bowl looked almost dry).

So I tried everything I could to make her drink water, eat, etc. Looked online to see if I could find anything to do at home, because there were no vets for reptiles.

The next day, she eventually stopped moving. It looked like she was still breathing, but she was stiff. At this point I kept telling her to just die already. I was sick of watching her suffer. I set her down in her cage her tail started flailing, and then that was it. I cried.. for hours.

That was the first time I ever cried over a death. She was important to me because she was my responsibility.. she was also there whenever I needed someone or something to talk to. I had no idea I loved that gecko as much as I did until I lost her.. After that, I never wanted another gecko, so I got a water dragon who didn't last very long, but it just wasn't the same.

Offline Adielle

«Reply #9: October 28, 2008, 11:14:20 PM»
It's always been very hard for me, since I've had to deal with a lot of death in my lifetime.  Its why I recently joined canteen australia, a volunteer/charity organization helping kids with cancer.

One of my best friends growing up was found to have a brain tumor at age of 10, I was 9 at the time.  I sat by her bed everyday until she went back to the hospital and eventually passed.  A close friend of my brothers who used to stop by our house everyday also had brain cancer, ended up living three years instead of the three months they originally gave him, but nevertheless, it was still hard to take.  Another close friend of mine died of suffocation due to an allergic reaction to peanuts.  He had gone to a diner and somehow peanut oil ended up in his food when he asked for it without. 

My uncle died of a blood clot in the brain, my other uncle has cancer, my grandma is dying, my old boot camp instructor just recently passed from brain cancer, my best friends mother just found out she's in a late stage of breast cancer and now another close friend has lymphoma.  Not to mention, when I came back to the US to visit my family after my first year in Australia, I found out in LA that my dad's work had exploded and my mom didn't know if he was alive.  It was incredibly hard to take.  I was so happy to find him waiting at Milwaukee airport for me.  Really makes me treat every moment like its the last, because you never know when something can happen that you don't expect.

Not to mention, like everyone else here, I have also lost pets.

Thinking positively and keeping ill friends and relatives happy is the best medicine.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:41:27 AM by Adielle »
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

Offline sexy thang

«Reply #10: October 30, 2008, 02:47:48 PM»
almost eleven years ago my parents both died. my mom died when i was ten from a lidocaine overdose that froze her heart. then just a few months after my dad ended up killing himself. i was only ten years old, and my brother shaun was just eleven.

my friend kristen died from cystic fibrosis at the same time i was in the hospital for throat cancer, so i wasn't able to say goodbye before her parents pulled the plug. she was like a sister to me so it hit me really hard. i've had other friends who killed themselves, died of drug overdoses, got shot and died in car accidents.

exactly a year ago next week my brother died of a 'natural death', though, before he died he tried to commit suicide with his girlfriend becca. yknow, hose in the exhaust pipe taped in the windows in a garage. she sucessfully killed herself but my brother ended up in a comatose state, he was in a coma for a week and the doctors said he would end up mentally retarded. when he woke up he didn't know how to say many words, or express really how he felt in a normal way. when he saw me by his bedside he started screaming " JAKE GET OUT, JAKE GET OUT. " which had me pissed and upset to see my brother put in this condition by something stupid he did. mind you, he and becca had a newborn baby at the time named kelan, who is staying with my aunt now. anyways, i began yelling back at him saying how he fucked up and he was such an idiot for doing it then he started yelling random words and i just said " i hate you shaun, i hate you. " after sayin that he just stared up at the ceiling and i was so worn out i ended up falling asleep at his bedside. couple hours later when i wake up he was holding my hand but his hand was cold as ice. he died that way. doctors found nothing that could have caused him to die, not even the complications that he had with the mental retardation and the chemicals he inhaled to try and kill himself. they ruled it a natural death, him just dying in my sleep. i really think my words killed him but hey, that's just me.

my cousins were idiots, one died from his motorcycle hitting a fence and the other one died of his motorcycle crashing into a lake. my grandpa died of cancer, my other grandpa died from liver failure.

i had pets that died too.

OH WAIT.

i died once too yknow. i overdosed on heroin and i was even put in a body bag. but my girlfriend was so upset she was pounding on me and it made my heart start again. creepy shit right?