turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Pricing please :D  (Read 907 times)

putrify

• Topic Author
Pricing please :D
«: October 28, 2008, 02:43:39 PM»
Currently 10GD

Offline Desade

Re: Pricing please :D
«Reply #1: October 28, 2008, 02:50:56 PM»
Hmm maybe if there was a bit more detail. The shading and lineart is lovely though.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:53:20 PM by Desade »
~~~

putrify

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: October 28, 2008, 04:17:03 PM»
Heh, this one was supposed to be simple - I wanted a simple dragon character, not flashy or decorative. But I'll bear your words in certain mind  :)

Sesruc

• Topic Author
«Reply #3: October 28, 2008, 04:21:44 PM»
more examples?

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #4: October 29, 2008, 05:12:25 AM»
It's lovely, but I think 10GD might be... I don't know, too much?

Took a peek at your DA, and what I found was that your portraits are generally 'flat' looking. The shading is good, but it's lacking depth. Things such as the collarbone are usually very darkly shaded or darkly lined to help define them more. You're doing it, but comparing those lines to your stark black outlines makes the shading look a little too light and therefore flat. So basically, I think it would bring out the character better if you used one or two shades more to darken the shading.

It's not that you're not using the right lightsource or even that your shading is wrong, but 10GD would be justified more if you defined the shading better with darker tones.

Because of the deceptive flatness of the ports, I wouldn't be inclined to pay more than 7GD or so myself.

Offline lu

«Reply #5: October 30, 2008, 11:49:27 AM»
10 gd sounds good.
but since ppl are bitching about the price i'd say 8??

Offline Sedde

«Reply #6: October 30, 2008, 12:20:28 PM»
It's lovely, but I think 10GD might be... I don't know, too much?

Took a peek at your DA, and what I found was that your portraits are generally 'flat' looking. The shading is good, but it's lacking depth. Things such as the collarbone are usually very darkly shaded or darkly lined to help define them more. You're doing it, but comparing those lines to your stark black outlines makes the shading look a little too light and therefore flat. So basically, I think it would bring out the character better if you used one or two shades more to darken the shading.

It's not that you're not using the right lightsource or even that your shading is wrong, but 10GD would be justified more if you defined the shading better with darker tones.

Because of the deceptive flatness of the ports, I wouldn't be inclined to pay more than 7GD or so myself.

I agree...you need more contrast!! :( Then I think you could even charge over 10GD, if that were improved...

putrify

• Topic Author
«Reply #7: November 01, 2008, 11:10:03 AM»
Thanks guys :) I stuck to the lighter tones because someone said somewhere (don't ask me to remember it, it was a while ago) that using the first four shades of the remap colours and first three for hair worked best.

I shall remedy such and get a new sample up soon  ;D

anything