turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Solved because Wani is a failing noob.  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Wani

Solved because Wani is a failing noob.
«: November 11, 2008, 08:18:41 AM»
I'm sorry I jumped the trigger on you, Greek.
And i hope you accept my apology.
This is why I don't make this kind of reports,
I see similaritis in places where no one else sees them.
Also I want to point out that Amia never had anything to do with this topic.
Just me, she agreed that the noses looked similar, but that's all.
The rest of it was a creation of my brain.

The end.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:07:49 PM by Wani »
<3

Offline Dolly

Re: Greek
«Reply #1: November 11, 2008, 09:05:42 AM»
Iiiii think it's a stretch to say these are copied from eachother.  It just looks like a generic dog nose in a similar position to me.

Offline max

«Reply #2: November 11, 2008, 09:08:10 AM»
similarity (or even reference) is not theft or inappropriate, they're all over the last six hundred years of art history, and why should they stop now?  how many ways are there to draw a broad-nosed muzzle in 3/4 perspective

i think it's better to spend time that might be spent looking for "art thieves" drawing instead, i don't see how this benefits anybody

Offline Sedde

«Reply #3: November 11, 2008, 09:36:24 AM»
I agree with Dolly and max, this is a bit of a stretch in my opinion...they're not really that close.

Offline Wani

«Reply #4: November 11, 2008, 09:54:26 AM»
Though the pixels on the nose and the bridge of the muzzle are exact match?
And even the eye is on the exact same place.
<3

Offline Dolly

«Reply #5: November 11, 2008, 10:01:20 AM»
The bridge of the nose isn't the same.  The port on the right's bows out, on the left it lays flat; and the nose is a different shape and in a different position in both ports.

Like I said before, it just looks like a generic dog anthro face to me.  The fact the eyes are in the sort-of same place is a lousy reason to call it stolen, as most ports, and most faces for that matter, have the same face planes.

You could compare the eye position in most ports and find they're a similar distance from other landmarks of the face.

Offline Azula

«Reply #6: November 11, 2008, 10:05:37 AM»
oh no a few pixels match up on a 95x95 icon even if NOTHING ELSE does. the fact that the eyes are in the same place is what you would call anatomy. this is kind of redundant. everyone looks for the littlest reason to scream out art theft now. >:/

Offline Wani

«Reply #7: November 11, 2008, 10:09:46 AM»
everyone looks for the littlest reason to scream out art theft now. >:/

I've never ever posted a topic like this before, even though i've tons of half assed attempts of tracing etc.
But Amia is my Lub, and i'm doing this for her. And i still say there's a chance it was if not traced, atleast copied.
I will ask Greek when i get my hands on her.
<3

Offline Azula

«Reply #8: November 11, 2008, 10:10:36 AM»
i said EVERYONE not just you, jesus. you should've waited to talk to the artist before you posted this.

Offline Dolly

«Reply #9: November 11, 2008, 10:11:31 AM»
i said EVERYONE not just you, jesus. you should've waited to talk to the artist before you posted this.

this

Offline Hugo

«Reply #10: November 11, 2008, 10:13:31 AM»
Really does not look the same. Even the distance from the viewer is different.

Sesruc

«Reply #11: November 11, 2008, 10:13:44 AM»
let's see what greek says.

to me, this doesn't look like theft or a trace. but who knows?

there's no use to bicker.

Offline max

«Reply #12: November 11, 2008, 10:19:05 AM»
i don't see why greek should have to justify herself to wani or anybody.  kangaroo court

is naia really so boring that this is what you worry over in your free time?

Offline Wani

«Reply #13: November 11, 2008, 10:26:51 AM»

I never said you did, now did I?  And what good would have it done, waiting for Greek to mostlikely deny it.
Mine, Amia's and other peoples opinion would still stand.

is naia really so boring that this is what you worry over in your free time?
No no, that's when we have these insane tentacle orgies, with chocolatesauce and whipped cream.
<3

Offline Dolly

«Reply #14: November 11, 2008, 10:33:46 AM»
Greek... probably will deny it because it's not traced.  ::)

Erde

«Reply #15: November 11, 2008, 10:35:18 AM»
I know Greek. She's an aspiring young artist, and all her artwork is very well done and consistent with each piece she makes. She also shows me some of her doodles while working on a port, so I find it very unlikely she traces.

I also don't see how these two portraits match up at all, really. I think she was wearing it before Ridere even had that portrait on.

Offline Azula

«Reply #16: November 11, 2008, 10:36:40 AM»
i'm going to refrain from any ad hominems while agreeing with dolly's statement.

Sesruc

«Reply #17: November 11, 2008, 10:40:41 AM»
irrelevant comments such as whether or not naia is boring and orgies are irrelevant.

Offline Dolly

«Reply #18: November 11, 2008, 10:43:24 AM»
irrelevant comments such as whether or not naia is boring and orgies are irrelevant.

I thought this was the naia orgies are boring board.  >:(

Offline Amia

«Reply #19: November 11, 2008, 10:53:48 AM»
I thought I'd make it known that, as much as I love Wani to pieces because she's a darling, I'm really unbothered by all of this, so count me out of the argument. :)

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #20: November 11, 2008, 11:37:41 AM»
The eyes match up? It's something called composition and anatomy. There are thumb rules to art and photography that make use of placement of a subject within a certain frame. 3/4 muzzle angle is the most common angle besides a straight out sideview. If you combine that with composition, you will find that in most cases, people will adjust the size of the head and neck/shoulders so that it all fits in. When the anatomy is done right in proper proportions, this results in similarity between ports.

tl;dr: If we had to accuse everyone of being GOOD at composition and anatomy of theft, I think most of us would be out of business.

Now if he had his muzzle wide open and his tongue twisted into some odd shape with every tooth showing, and Greek's port would show the exact same thing, the teeth match up etc, then I would agree with you that it's likely a trace. This however, is only a coincidence because everything on this planet has only so many angles. With millions of artists out there drawing these things, it shouldn't be a surprise things look alike.

You might want to take a look at this thread: http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?topic=3244.0 It's the prime example of "there are only so many ways..."

Offline Farren

«Reply #21: November 11, 2008, 01:14:00 PM»
I know Ms. Greek, and I know she does not copy. She hangs out with me and Jen when we're all on at the same time. Which is quite a lot.
This port is like her pride and joy, too. She worked hard on it. She isn't on right now, but I sent her a postmaster message with a link to this thread, so hopefully she'll be able to speak for herself soon.
Fishberries.

Offline Greek

«Reply #22: November 11, 2008, 02:43:59 PM»
   Everything is being cleared up :D. I spoke with Wani, because it's an obvious fact i didn't trace or reference. Heck, I never even saw that port =_=.

Thanks for you all for defending me<3.

by the way, PLEASE WHISPER THE ARTIST if you have any questions. Because I may be aff.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:47:43 PM by Greek »

Offline Greek

«Reply #23: November 11, 2008, 02:51:11 PM»
Greek... probably will deny it because it's not traced.  ::)
:)