turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Pricing and Critiques Please!  (Read 642 times)

Offline Electric Guitar

Pricing and Critiques Please!
«: November 15, 2008, 01:12:03 PM»

(premade was discolored to prevent theft)

I had this origionally priced around 15gd/3 spaces. Does that seem like too much? Not enough?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:45:00 PM by Electric Guitar »

Offline Electric Guitar

Re: Pricing and Critiques Please!
«Reply #1: November 18, 2008, 10:07:56 PM»
Come on people. :(

Offline Hugo

«Reply #2: November 18, 2008, 10:30:23 PM»
Seems like too much. Not enough shading and the anatomy is awkward (the shoulder mostly unless you traced a photo and the foreshortening was like that).

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #3: November 18, 2008, 10:43:03 PM»
I'm adding shading after its bought. I wanted to see what edits the buyer wanted before shading. Its not traced, just refrenced.

The photo: http://miss-deathwish.deviantart.com/art/intermission-99838269

How would you recomend fixing the shoulder so it looks less awkward?

Offline Adielle

«Reply #4: November 18, 2008, 11:48:16 PM»
Your shoulders are generally about half a head length for females on either side of your head and males can be able an entire head length.  Just a general rule of thumb.  You should really lengthen her neck, in doing so, bring the shoulders up and back a bit more so you'll actually see less of them in the port.

As for the face, there are a few anatomy issues you may want to address if you plan on selling this as high as 10GD+.  Firstly, the nose shouldn't look so flat, you don't really need a line to indicate the bridge of the nose if you plan on shading the port.  If you only add the small lines for where the noserils are, it will help you a lot.  The eyes are good, but I'd recommend lowering them jsut a tad, although they are perfectly spaced from each other.  Right now the chin looks a little...uneven, as do the lips.  This is an easy thing to have happen when your drawing from an odd angle where someone is laying down.  Even though they are laying, most everything should still be symetrical, unless its your intention for them to have a sort of wry smile thats quirked to a specific corner.  Her ear would probably still peek from the bit of hair, because the hairs is looking a little flat like its laying on the face it wouldn't necessarily cover up the ears.  Another good tip; don't draw the lines for the lips, only one small line between the two to indicate whether the person is smiling or frowing, to distinguish between the upper and lower lips as well. 

Hope you don't mind, I just put it on paint and did a quick 2 min doodle.  Hopefully this helps explain what I mean a bit better.  Moved the eyes down a bit and just added hair above them to the forehead doesn't look too big, this also makes the face have a better shade overall.  I brought the shoulder out more.  You really don't need a line as to wear the arm is when your showing this little of the shoulder.  Lengthened the neck and just added some more hair around that area.  Took away the lines for the lips and just added more simple lines and shading to show how once shaded the lips will still look like lips even if you don't make outlines in black.  :p  I also change the nose, got rid of the bridge.  Hopefully this helps explain what I meant!
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

anything