turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Please close  (Read 5967 times)

Offline Adielle

Please close
«: November 20, 2008, 12:21:11 AM»
Since no one seems to be respectful of each other, and this has turned into a bitching session as it was never intended to be, please close this thread.  I came here with my opinion to get an honest discussion on the topic, but since I only got one good constructive opinion and a lot of flaming on the side, I don't feel like continuing this conversation.  If you'd like to debate with me on this topic further, please PM me, note me on DA, or whisper me if/when I'm on furc.  I'm happy to hear other people's opinions, whether the same as mine or different.  Flaming on the other hand is not welcome.  Everyone will have their own opinion, there is no reason to flame them for it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 05:29:58 AM by Adielle »
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

Offline Heimdall

Re: Dammit Stoners ><
«Reply #1: November 20, 2008, 12:38:43 AM»
I think this goes for pretty much everything--when something dominates EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR PERSONALITY that it becomes completely who you are. I've had a couple gay friends like this. In every conversation it has to be about how gay they are, their gay partners, how YOU might be gay, etc. I have absolutely nothing against gay people or stoners or religious people or anyone (almost), but yeah, it's always irritating to talk to someone who has a single-faceted personality.

Offline Tweak

«Reply #2: November 20, 2008, 02:35:13 AM»
It's generally just to get a rise out of people like you.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #3: November 20, 2008, 04:06:03 AM»

Possible! Most of the folks I've met weren't like that though. I can't speak for Adielle.

Offline Adielle

«Reply #4: November 20, 2008, 06:48:40 AM»
I agree with you, Vorpalmuse.

Although, what you said, Sky, is not true.  I know simply because I have never said anything until now, and when people talk about it I usually just keep my mouth shut rather then cause drama, because I think everyone would agree that if you say one thing to anyone who's life revolves around weed, you'll get snapped at.  I prefer to steer away from confrontation which is why I wrote this, with no naming names or anything.  I'm just curious to hear from the stoner community, why it matters so much to them?  Its just, coming from a non-smoker standpoint, its annoying when friends whisper you about their fun weekend smoking pot, or even just simply sitting in out of character areas and thats all I hear.  Sometimes I wonder if people honestly have nothing better to talk about.  ><

My Gallery.

Offline Azula

«Reply #5: November 20, 2008, 07:17:05 AM»
feels good, man.

oh and btw i don't know who's talkin bout SMOKIN WEEEEEEEED but there are a lot of 14 year old scene/emo/wanna-be hardcore junkies on furcadia who bullshit about smoKiN the ReEfer to make themselves look cool. there was this stupid faggot i forgot his name who was talking about TRIPPIN BALLS ON WEED and i'm not even fucking joking he said he was hallucinating on weed that was not laced.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:19:23 AM by Worm »

Offline lu

«Reply #6: November 20, 2008, 07:45:41 AM»
gb2 420chan

Offline Azula

«Reply #7: November 20, 2008, 07:49:27 AM»
shut the fuck up and go back to 4chan you meme spouting queer

Offline Tony

«Reply #8: November 20, 2008, 08:13:56 AM»

Offline Sync

«Reply #9: November 20, 2008, 08:49:01 AM»
i agree.

Offline lu

«Reply #10: November 20, 2008, 09:01:05 AM»
shut the fuck up and go back to 4chan you meme spouting queer

cryyyyy

but i dont even go there anymore!!

Offline Eevee

«Reply #11: November 20, 2008, 05:48:09 PM»
I've begun to notice alot of people I didn't expect to smoke or do drugs actually do it. I had a friend on Furcadia who never mentioned a word about doing drugs until they started talking to people on Furcadia who did drugs, now they're like "brb gonna go smoke." I don't even see that person anymore, and I don't think I want to.

Drugs, excluding counter-top or prescribed drugs when used correctly, are not cool in my book, whether they're natural or you have to add chemicals. In fact I lose respect for people who do it. You're trashing your body, wasting money, and shortening your life. What for? There's other, more healthier, pleasures in the world that are probably less expensive as buying drugs and way  better for you. Take up a hobby like wood cutting or something more productive.

I'd take a picture of my mum and post it here if you want to see a generalization of what people will look like 30 years from now if they keep up with the drugs, but I'm not home, nor do I have a camera that works. She's been smoking since she was 12, and she's 54 now. She does not look cool.

Offline Tony

«Reply #12: November 20, 2008, 05:57:07 PM»
She does not look cool.

i bet she looks awesome.

Offline Azula

«Reply #13: November 20, 2008, 05:59:35 PM»
god i hate all of you self-righteous DRUGS ARE BAD people. jesus christ. it's not your fucking life, so step the fuck out and pull that stick out of your ass.

Offline Possessed

«Reply #14: November 20, 2008, 06:00:19 PM»
I've begun to notice alot of people I didn't expect to smoke or do drugs actually do it. I had a friend on Furcadia who never mentioned a word about doing drugs until they started talking to people on Furcadia who did drugs, now they're like "brb gonna go smoke." I don't even see that person anymore, and I don't think I want to.

Drugs, excluding counter-top or prescribed drugs when used correctly, are not cool in my book, whether they're natural or you have to add chemicals. In fact I lose respect for people who do it. You're trashing your body, wasting money, and shortening your life. What for? There's other, more healthier, pleasures in the world that are probably less expensive as buying drugs and way  better for you. Take up a hobby like wood cutting or something more productive.

I'd take a picture of my mum and post it here if you want to see a generalization of what people will look like 30 years from now if they keep up with the drugs, but I'm not home, nor do I have a camera that works. She's been smoking since she was 12, and she's 54 now. She does not look cool.

my mom has been smoking since she was 18 and she's 54 too.. looks pretty as a peach.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #15: November 20, 2008, 06:02:34 PM»
my mom has been smoking since she was 18 and she's 54 too.. looks pretty as a peach.

Does she wear make-up?

Offline Possessed

«Reply #16: November 20, 2008, 06:05:07 PM»

Does she wear make-up?

no i didnt say tshat she was that pretty...

Offline Azula

«Reply #17: November 20, 2008, 06:05:36 PM»
my mother is beautiful without make up and still wears some because she's a little self-conscious. ???????

Offline Possessed

«Reply #18: November 20, 2008, 06:15:45 PM»
my mother is beautiful without make up and still wears some because she's a little self-conscious. ???????

typical lesbian...

also: drugs are just as popular as animes.. except not as *edit: lame*

Offline Azula

«Reply #19: November 20, 2008, 06:23:36 PM»
MY SEXUALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS

Offline Jenni

«Reply #20: November 20, 2008, 06:45:26 PM»
people just say they do it to be cool. me being the straightedge i am think it's pretty lame to brag about drugs and shit over the internet because honestly, when someone says that, i don't believe we're equal people anymore. i look down on you for deliberately breaking the law and bragging about it to add some nonexistent cool points to your book. i'd understand if you're doing drugs to escape some hardcore emotional bullshit in your life, but those people don't tend to get online and brag about their adventures. whatever.

what bites me is all the druggie/stoner alts hanging around furc. isn't smoking pot (if you even do) good enough in your real life?
 OH MAN I LOVE SMOKING WEED, BUT MY LIFE IS SO LAME... LET ME GET ONLINE AND ROLEPLAY PSYCHEDELIC FURRY ADVENTURES RATHER THAN DOING ANYTHING IRL.
OH MAN I'M SO COOL NOW..

Offline Possessed

«Reply #21: November 20, 2008, 06:58:27 PM»
people just say they do it to be cool. me being the straightedge i am think it's pretty lame to brag about drugs and shit over the internet because honestly, when someone says that, i don't believe we're equal people anymore. i look down on you for deliberately breaking the law and bragging about it to add some nonexistent cool points to your book. i'd understand if you're doing drugs to escape some hardcore emotional bullshit in your life, but those people don't tend to get online and brag about their adventures. whatever.

what bites me is all the druggie/stoner alts hanging around furc. isn't smoking pot (if you even do) good enough in your real life?
 OH MAN I LOVE SMOKING WEED, BUT MY LIFE IS SO LAME... LET ME GET ONLINE AND ROLEPLAY PSYCHEDELIC FURRY ADVENTURES RATHER THAN DOING ANYTHING IRL.
OH MAN I'M SO COOL NOW..

i didn't know people actually did that :l

Offline Azula

«Reply #22: November 20, 2008, 07:01:45 PM»
OH MAN I'M SO COOL NOW..

what grinds my gears are the people who have stoner/druggy alts but DON'T DO IT IRL

Offline Mredria

«Reply #23: November 20, 2008, 07:27:30 PM»
I also get annoyed when people can only talk about one subject that I'm not interested in.
---I apologize---

Offline Adielle

«Reply #24: November 20, 2008, 09:25:45 PM»
god i hate all of you self-righteous DRUGS ARE BAD people. jesus christ. it's not your fucking life, so step the fuck out and pull that stick out of your ass.

Did you even read what I was writing about?  I never once said, "don't fucking do it, its bad for you."  People know this and will either choose to listen to the warnings or not, I'm not trying to stop them nor would I.  I only came in here ranting about people who feel the need to tell everyone in the world about their drug use because its all the fuck they have to talk about.  I'm sick of it.  Most people who know me also know I'm a non-smoker and yes, if all people come to me to talk about is drugs, its pathetic.  Some of these people are friends I used to have good conversations with and now all its ever about is drugs. 

Don't tell me I have a stick up my ass.  This is as bad as someone who only ever comes to talk to you for five minutes to show you their new art and then randomly afks, or someone who only comes to you for their problems and then is never there for you, or just leaves when they got what they need.

Same deal, just a different issue.  You'd hate anyone who did that to you, so don't tell me to get a stick outta my ass because I hate hearing about people's drug addictions 24/7.  Its cool if your having fun and know your limits and whatever.  If you do it socially with friends, have fun, but you don't need to go blazing on about it all day long in OOC rooms, forums and whispers.  I'd rather know the actual person, not their habits.  >>;
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:29:28 PM by Adielle »

My Gallery.

anything