turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Thomart's Dais Patch!  (Read 963 times)

Offline Th0mart

Thomart's Dais Patch!
«: November 23, 2008, 04:28:49 AM»

Dais (French dais, estrade, Italian predella, Hebrew bimah) is any raised platform located either within or without a room or enclosure, often for dignified occupancy, as at the front of a lecture hall or sanctuary.

Historically, the dais was a part of the floor at the end of a medieval hall, raised a step above the rest of the room. On this the lord of the manor dined with his friends at the high table, apart from the retainers and servants. In medieval halls there was generally a deep recessed bay window at one or at each end of the dais, supposed to be for retirement or greater privacy than the open hall could afford.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 06:58:15 PM by Th0mart »

Offline Th0mart

Re: Coming soon to Roamheart!
«Reply #1: November 23, 2008, 06:41:34 PM»
Hello -

I have submitted the patch to Roamheart, but it might take them a while to upload it. So in the meantime here it is on my own site:

http://archive.roamheart.com/?act=get&id=2597

If you are looking for an answer to a chair in a room being a throne-room, this is the place to look. 
If you are looking for animated curtains, this is the place to look. 

Many thanks,

- Thomart
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:17:14 PM by Th0mart »

Offline Th0mart

Re: Thomart's Dais Patch!
«Reply #2: November 23, 2008, 07:29:02 PM»
I've had some complaints that geocities is having some issues keeping up with my file transfer rate. If the patch doesn't seem to be downloading - please try again in a few hours, or tomorrow. Or wait until Roamheart puts it up.

Thanks.

-Thomart

Offline Thomart

«Reply #3: November 24, 2008, 09:10:09 PM»
Many thank-yous Lady Viking!
I will keep you posted.

Offline Thomart

«Reply #4: November 29, 2008, 11:15:25 PM»
The patch has finally been added to Roamheart. Thanks so much for the mirror download Youlanda I really appreciate it. :)