turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price me, Crit me?  (Read 771 times)

Offline Mala

Price me, Crit me?
«: February 07, 2008, 08:01:18 PM»

Raven (Click to full view)

Nevar (Click to full view)

My first two serious oekaki pictures in a long...long... time. xD I want crits on anything. c:

A doodle I did in class, but I want anatomy crits. C:

And not being snotty or anything, I'd love some price checks too. Even if its like 'THREE CENTS LAWL.' Right now I have the both set at 3GD. Should I go higher or lower? Or stay the same?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 05:28:47 PM by Mina-chan »

Offline Mala

Re: Price me, Crit me?
«Reply #1: February 16, 2008, 01:21:40 PM»
+new oekaki example

Sesruc

«Reply #2: February 16, 2008, 05:39:18 PM»
to be honest, $0 for now.
if you take into consideration what was said in the article Youlanda linked to and practice, i'm sure you'll improve.

really.
the article was helpful. especially to me.

Offline Mala

«Reply #3: February 16, 2008, 05:44:57 PM»
Thanks a bunch.
I'll be sure to study that artical as soon as I get home.

Araeli

«Reply #4: March 05, 2008, 09:35:09 PM»
I think some of the body parts aren't as defined as most art, but as Youlanda said, the warped proportions could become stylistic. But, even so, some body proportions have to be perfected a wee bit more. Like in the first sample, I noticed that the shorts didn't link together; they just look like two seperate hunks of blue rectangles stuck to her body with legs sprouting out. Also, the hands could be improved. (then again, I pretty much stink at hands too. XD) The second sample seemed much better in posture; the pants look nicely proportioned, though the legs need to be a bit more defined. Your shading is really incredible though. I think the only thing you really need to focus on is to make the body parts just a little more shaped up. For instance, your first sample's right leg has a bend to it, then a slight curve. That's what a more normal leg would be like. It would not be a flat, rounded shaped that is only curved around the knee, like your second example. So if you define your shapes a bit more, I bet you that your art will sell out quite quickly. Good luck! ;)

Remember, practice makes perfect! <3

(BTW, sorry if I sound harsh; my best friend even complains about how critical I am. XD)