turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: nonremap portrait upload halp  (Read 931 times)

Offline Lassa

nonremap portrait upload halp
«: November 26, 2008, 09:43:29 PM»
This isn't gonna be a "HELP HOW DO I UPLOAD PORTRAITS" type question. XD I've done that plenty of times.

So I was uploading an edited version of an old portrait I made that I finally decided to do something with, and I noticed something on the upload page that shows what the port will look like when uploaded. So I screenshotted it, zoomed in, and sure enough, I was right.

The original (zoomed in) is on the left, screenshotted one from the upload page is on the right.

Now, maybe I'm just being picky, but it's obvious that there's a loss of quality/blurring and a bit of colour change (mostly in the hair) there. When I've uploaded nonremap ports before, i never got that. And since it says "NOTE: The following pictures show your portrait exactly as it will be shown on Furcadia" I'm just a bit concerned it's not going to look how I'd like it to look in-game.

I've thought about the fact that Furcadia might use a slightly smaller colour palette and not support all of those colours, but then that still wouldn't explain why the background ended up blurred.

Does anyone know if it's going to go back to the way it's supposed to look once it's actually in the game? Because, even though I know there's barely any difference, since I don't use the character as much nowadays, I'm not going to upload it if it doesn't look the way it's supposed to.

tl;dr: Lassa is being picky. lol.

Offline Morgan

Re: nonremap portrait upload halp
«Reply #1: November 26, 2008, 09:44:31 PM»
it jpegs it on the preview. don't worry about it, it should be fine. just upload it.

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
Re: nonremap portrait upload halp
«Reply #2: November 28, 2008, 12:43:42 PM»
Yeah, that's what it says to me when I upload nonremap ports but when uploaded onto furc it comes out in the normal. c: