turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crits?  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Jade Ravenwing

Crits?
«: December 09, 2008, 03:42:38 PM»
Haven't gotten much luck on the Furc forums when it comes to crits so I thought I'd try my luck here.

I'm not sure whether these are good enough to try and sell or not. And if so not sure what to price them at. I'm attempting to sell the cat one for about 5GD but haven't had any offers on it yet. Giving that one till the end of the week and then I'm using it myself. So, crits, advice?http://

http://i34.tinypic.com/24bw6eu.png -Wolf
http://i38.tinypic.com/5nkbag.png -Wolf
http://i38.tinypic.com/w8utc0.png -Wolf
http://i37.tinypic.com/2ecdt88.png -Wolf Puppy
http://i37.tinypic.com/11rb49x.png -Domestic House Cat

Erde

Re: Crits?
«Reply #1: December 09, 2008, 04:19:38 PM»
Wtf.

That cat is amazing. How could no one want it?

Your stuff is great.  I like that you're daring enough to play around with perspective.  I think you could take commissions if you wanted to.

Some advice I was given on selling premades: Make them complete. Shading, background, etc.  People are more ready to buy a finished piece when they see it.

So.. maybe throw in a background for that cat port and someone will buy it?  I would if I had a feral cat character.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #2: December 09, 2008, 05:20:39 PM»
*blinks* Thank you. xD

And I wasn't even trying to play with perspective really o.o Not sure if I want to take commissions yet, though I'm thinking about it.

True, thing is I don't have a clue what to add for a background. Thank you. :3

Erde

«Reply #3: December 10, 2008, 10:04:38 PM»
*blinks* Thank you. xD

And I wasn't even trying to play with perspective really o.o Not sure if I want to take commissions yet, though I'm thinking about it.

True, thing is I don't have a clue what to add for a background. Thank you. :3

You could always make a floor with a yarnball lying on it. :p Dunno, first thing that came t my mind.

And, some artists don't take commissions for a while. Nothing wrong with that.  Just do so when you feel good and ready!

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #4: December 11, 2008, 01:16:50 AM»
Working on adding a junkyard background at the moment. Kitty is standing on an old mattress *glares at mattress* Thing is I hate shading fabric. x.x

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #5: December 11, 2008, 11:13:51 PM»

So much for me hating to shade fabric, the mattress turned out rather well I think. The dirt, walls, and dumpster... bleh. Advice on shading dirt?

And yes, this is still for sale.

Edit: ignore the part on the walls where it remaps, i fixed that.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:16:06 PM by Jade Ravenwing »

Offline Mala

«Reply #6: December 12, 2008, 07:28:13 AM»
oh man if i had a character to fit this (and money..) i'd buy it asap.

for the dirt, just add some more shades? right now it seems to me there are like dark bugs in the dirt or something.

i love this overall though <3

Offline Lord

«Reply #7: December 12, 2008, 04:17:14 PM»
they all look really nice. i like the second wolf!

as for the background.. its very well done. (btw, the lightest shade of gray on the upper left wall is remapping :B)

i'd buy the second wolf for 5 GD if i -had- it! shaded and background added i'd say you should be able to sell these babies for at least 7 GD, probably around 9 if it's a commission

Offline tooth

«Reply #8: December 12, 2008, 04:34:08 PM»
my suggestion: be who you be. your ports are awesome, on top of that you will only get better (: youre creative

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #9: December 12, 2008, 08:18:12 PM»
Thankyou! =D And yea, I noticed the wall, it's fixed now.

Bugs. xD I was thinking little drops of blood or something. :3 I didn't wanna make it look like OMG! shiny dirt!

Kind of a pain to sell it. >< I don't wanna go around AI and spam that I'm selling it, though it's occurred to me a few times.

Yes, another kitty. Not too fond of the background, though I've never shaded grass up close before. Suggestions?

Offline Glory

«Reply #10: December 13, 2008, 09:32:09 PM»
If you really want to go full out on lighting source and details, you could make the grass darker under the cat where the shadows may hit. I find doing this also helps get rid of the levitating or wrong perspective that sometimes occurs if there is nothing binding the subject in the foreground to the background.

Offline Greek

«Reply #11: December 13, 2008, 10:32:01 PM»
I don't see why you're not setting up commissions.
Heck, we're missing out!

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #12: December 13, 2008, 11:09:48 PM»
Oh yes, shadow! D: I was gonna add the shadow but forgot to do it. I was half asleep while I was doing the background. Haven't had much else to do since I've been sick. *goes to fix it*

Thank you, I just don't want to have to do things that I can't put off for a long time while I'm sick. Don't know when I'll get better. I'm starting to suspect I have something more than a cold. x.x So yea, that's why I'm not doing commissions at the moment, plus I'm not comfortable with my backgrounds.

Offline Mala

«Reply #13: December 14, 2008, 08:47:34 AM»
ohh man let me say your backgrounds are way better than mine, and most artists i've seen on this site.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #14: December 23, 2008, 02:09:32 AM»
*purrs* Thank you.

Give me crits on sexy kitty! *coughs and edges away* Mostly the hands and the back and right shoulder. Go ahead to redline over the rainbow watermark if you want to.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #15: December 31, 2008, 10:32:43 PM»

A Red Wolf (Canins Rufus) av that I'm working on for a dream of mine. There's another image of it in my gallery but the walking poses that are shown are a bit off.

Offline Anevay

«Reply #16: January 01, 2009, 10:16:34 PM»
:3 It's cute, but I'll be honest, it looks more like a monkey/lemur/sloth to me. ^_^;;
But if I had a monkey/lemur/sloth character, You know I'd totally buy that. ;33

Offline Greek

«Reply #17: January 01, 2009, 10:37:41 PM»
wow this is amazing, jade!

the only thing thats a bit off, is that it doesn't look like it has a neck. Try make a little dent? or a small curve downwards. on the bottom or the top? but i think you can do fine with that. because its abosulutely marvelous!

Offline Lassa

«Reply #18: January 01, 2009, 10:41:43 PM»
that wolf avatar is gorgeous. only thing I would say is that i think the legs are a bit long.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #19: January 02, 2009, 02:16:36 AM»
@ Anevay - The wolf av or one of the ports? o.O

@ Greek - Thank you. :3

It's head is supposed to be held almost straight out/kinda hanging a bit but I might mess with the neck a bit.

@ Lassa - Legs look find to me since Red Wolf legs seem to be a tad longer than Grey Wolf legs.

anything