turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Random Gifts  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Hugo

Random Gifts
«: December 12, 2008, 01:36:31 AM»
Whoever was responsible for that space, thank you and you're welcome. 8)

Discuss:
Ever logged in and had something randomly sent to you?
Secret admirer?
Unexplained supernatural gifting phenomena deployed by the sentient AI of Furnarchy?

Offline Anevay

Re: Random Gifts
«Reply #1: December 12, 2008, 01:41:09 AM»
Heh. I've been the giver of random gifts a few times-
A few GDs to complete people's wishlists, and some pizzas here and there, all that kind of good stuff.
But sadly enough, so far, haven't received any random gifts myself. D:
But I can't wait for the day, I bet it's an awesome feeling. ^o^

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #2: December 12, 2008, 03:54:25 AM»
I randomly give small gifts sometimes, but nothing big. I'm sure I've been randomly gifted things before.. I think a rose once and probably a billion other times I'm forgetting!

Erde

«Reply #3: December 12, 2008, 01:13:58 PM»
I've given a few gifts before to people I don't know, but I've never really gotten a gift out of the clear blue.

Offline Zim

«Reply #4: December 12, 2008, 02:34:46 PM»
I got things like the ~government phoe~ before (ginnie and turq, goddamnit I know it was you). I've also logged on to a brand-new year gryffe on an alt I never used, and the occasional desctag.

EDIT: I've also gifted things to people, but they generally find out it's me . . . somehow. . . Mostly spaces, with the occasional digo (if I have any at the time).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:31:30 AM by Zim »

Offline Schwarz

«Reply #5: December 12, 2008, 04:44:45 PM»
I've given a few little things to friends & random people who were really nice. Mostly portrait spaces or digos I didn't use.

As for receiving things, I've gotten a couple of spaces out of the blue & a few roses.
I'm glad you realize how miserable your life would be without me.
re-animator.net -- a vast waste of internet

Offline Tonks

«Reply #6: December 12, 2008, 06:42:00 PM»
only irl and i fucking hate it when it happens

Sesruc

«Reply #7: December 12, 2008, 08:40:22 PM»
i remember a long time ago when i logged into an alt that i've literally only used twice before to have a pair of butters and a ferian. lol. the alt 'sesruc'. never found out who gave them and i'll never get why exactly.

Offline Greek

«Reply #8: December 13, 2008, 02:25:12 PM»
i got a ferian and 15 gd before, but that was for my b-day :]

i gift many things to my friends, some holiday digos, money and spaces sometimes. and alts.

Offline Glory

«Reply #9: December 22, 2008, 03:40:04 AM»
I've gotten a yellow rose, some GD to help me save up for a space, little knicknacks from random people.
I don't feel comfy for posting the kinds of gifts I've gotten, she's too nice to someone mean like me.

I haven't really given anything random... but I love the feeling of sending something, and being right there for when the person logs in. I tend to type overly long messages though, so it takes a moment for them to react. xD

Offline Jenni

«Reply #10: December 22, 2008, 06:15:48 AM»
no nice gifts unfortunately, more like people accidentally gift things to my name alts and then i have to give them back.
same.  :~(

Offline Adielle

«Reply #11: December 22, 2008, 07:37:29 AM»
I gift all the time, sometimes just because I want to be nice.  I swear, I end up going broke myself or not having any digos on any characters simply because I always give stuff away.  XD

Some are to friends, some are random.  Lately since I'm poor, I tend to run around various dreams and gift random people I don't know with art when I like their characters.  If I'm inspired by a specific character its fun to run around and draw people.
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

Offline Banny

«Reply #12: December 22, 2008, 07:42:04 AM»
I've given gifts before, GD, wings, Portspaces and a tygard. But I've never been given gifts D: Oh well lol.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #13: December 22, 2008, 09:50:50 AM»
more like accidental giftings like roses and whatnot :(

LeeLee

«Reply #14: December 26, 2008, 06:35:23 AM»
I tend to run around various dreams and gift random people I don't know with art when I like their characters.  If I'm inspired by a specific character its fun to run around and draw people.

ME TOO, OMG.

as for the giving and receiving:
i've gifted friends before, sometimes with desctags or a portspace. mostly with love ;]

as for getting things, the only thing i've gotten before was a portspace and 1 gd xD

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #15: December 28, 2008, 09:18:04 PM»
I've given away a life foxen, gryffe, lots of portrait spaces, and random desctags to people in AI. The Foxen was given to someone I really didn't know long at all hehe. Random gifts given to me...none xD Lol, I don't care though I love giving away stuff :>

Offline niki

«Reply #16: December 31, 2008, 05:27:44 PM»
i get like
spaces out of nowhere
lol

Offline niki

«Reply #17: January 03, 2009, 02:52:10 PM»
I've randomly given GD before..

not to me :(

Offline bowlegged

«Reply #18: January 03, 2009, 03:11:40 PM»
i have recieved from my friends,
i gave a lot to people who ask even if i didn't know them.

Tripitripit

«Reply #19: January 03, 2009, 06:59:20 PM»
I think I've given away like 4 pairs of Tri-wings and a Couple of spaces.. One Space was purely random to some one in Naia that had a port space as wish list. Oh, and Gd here and there.. not enough to buy anything with but.. it's a start!? Oh. And I gave A year Gryffe away.

Offline Creek

«Reply #20: January 03, 2009, 07:14:22 PM»
two months back or so, someone gifted me a 3 month SS. I have yet to figure out who it was.

Been gifted GD by alot of people.

I've gifted a shit load myself. More to my friend and sister, but eh. they never have money, and i always do, so hey. Oh well.

Offline Belgium

«Reply #21: January 09, 2009, 01:06:24 AM»
I've gotten 2 gifts total my entire 6 years playing furc lol.

Also, Cironir gave me a complimentary 3 months of SS after my alt got stolen and I had to go through a crazy fiasco to get her back.

As for me, I used to spoil the shit out of people but I don't do it anymore since the economy sucks and people were taking advantage.

Offline r i l e y

«Reply #22: January 12, 2009, 11:21:47 PM»
http://altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=22187
Shameless self advertisement. Ehehe. (Relevant! I promise!)

But yeah, I remember back when I had random contests in my old dream and whatnot. I was always showered with gifts because I was a ~dreamowner~ but I hated it. I didn't want them. @[email protected] So after awhile I'd ask if it was alright if I could use them in a contest and thankfully my friends held no hard feelings to it but I felt better about not hording things. I can't give as much as I'd like to, but when I do get the chance I take advantage. That life foxen sale was amazing and saved my ass around Christmas. Lol.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:25:57 PM by Hippie »

Offline Nny

«Reply #23: January 12, 2009, 11:29:04 PM»
I've been gifted spaces and gd before...
and then Stein gifts me with things all the time...
I only gift things to my lover and really close friends because I'm greedy and cheap, sigh.

Offline Kira

«Reply #24: January 14, 2009, 09:07:37 PM»
Given: A phoenix, multiple wings that had like a month or so on them, scales, spaces, snugs, roses, seasonals. If I have like a few scales I'll randomly give it out to someone. I've also given alts as gifts

Received: GD, seasonals, roses (accidental and on purpose), spaces, batwings, 1 year classic wings from the guardians years ago after a scamming incident with my tri-wings (Before secure trade and after the classics were discontinued), desctags, a gryffe. Also alts, portraits and other giftarts if those count.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:09:33 PM by Kira »

Looking to commission me or just need to contact?
Deviantart: Demi Furaffinity: Demi Twitter: Demidraws Email: [email protected] I do not check PMs here

anything