turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: any weird methods of starting old videogame consoles?  (Read 1496 times)

Offline coo

any weird methods of starting old videogame consoles?
«: December 13, 2008, 10:36:29 PM»
i know at least a few of you have that >gamecube era cartridge system that just won't work unless you do some strange, mystical ritual for it.
my friend talks to her sega genesis.
my other friend kisses his ps1 three times.
my nintendo 64 will not start up right unless i tap the game twice, expansion pak slot twice, reset button twice, and flip the on switch in perfect beat.

this will probably get VERY few replies, but i'm curious to see if anyone else does this kind of stuff. x)

Offline Greek

Re: any weird methods of starting old videogame consoles?
«Reply #1: December 13, 2008, 10:59:27 PM»
when i was six, we had to take out the game, blow on it then pray to god it would work, restart the console then plug it back in.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #2: December 13, 2008, 11:52:09 PM»
my ex said he has to completely take his xbox 360 apart, replace some sort of card in it, and then put it back together. xD

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #3: December 14, 2008, 12:15:36 AM»
The N64 games required a good blowing on the underside before you rammed it into the console. lol

Offline Glory

«Reply #4: December 14, 2008, 12:32:20 AM»
I being the oldest, had to sacrifice all the oxygen from my lungs in a last ditch effort to make our Nintendo 64 work. Then, in quick succession also blow into the main thing and slam the cartridge in at the same time. Then prey to the gaming gods that it will not either break from the slamming so I may try again, or hope it works the first time.

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: December 14, 2008, 01:08:52 AM»
with my old xbox i had to smack it a few times...

but i got a 360 so it's cool now.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #6: December 14, 2008, 02:22:39 AM»
I have to blow my SNES cartridges and sometimes the cartridge slot on the console, and sometimes mash the reset slider a few times, but it usually works juuuuust fine.

Offline Mala

«Reply #7: December 14, 2008, 08:41:14 AM»
^iawtc

anyway, yeah with the gameboy colour - sp games i always blew in the slots to make them work, and also inside the game console.

and with my oldie nes i had to plug it into the tv, turn off and on lights, stomp on the ground and flush the toilet to make it turn on. then sometimes it wouldn't even. man no wonder i hated that thing lol.

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #8: December 14, 2008, 10:49:35 AM»
Who here hasn't given a game cartridge a good blow?  ;)

ROFL

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #9: December 14, 2008, 04:51:24 PM»
and with my oldie nes i had to plug it into the tv, turn off and on lights, stomp on the ground and flush the toilet to make it turn on. then sometimes it wouldn't even. man no wonder i hated that thing lol.

Oh man, it was like that with ours, until we got rid of it. :C Only my brother had the Touch. I wish they hadn't given it away. D:

Offline Hugo

«Reply #10: December 14, 2008, 07:24:30 PM»
My old Gameboy Gameshark was thrown on the ground and shattered, but if I hold the twenty pieces together just the right way it still works.

Physics cheat code ftw.

Offline Skink

«Reply #11: December 16, 2008, 12:50:32 AM»
I beat it until it does what I want it to. Blowing is a reward! It doesn't get rewarded for screwing up, or else it never learns #SI

Offline Sedde

«Reply #12: December 16, 2008, 01:32:15 AM»
My friend's old NES...was a huge pain.

You had to blow into the cartridge and all that, but then you had to shove it in aaaall the way (mmm) and push it as far to the right as possible, 'cause it was shifty like that, THEN push it down. I never got it to work, no matter how many times I tried. :c

Offline kotzen

«Reply #13: December 16, 2008, 08:32:10 AM»
oh god i remember these days. to play my n64, of course i blow the crap out of the cartridge, then i have to SLAM it down into the system. i have to be so violent with it or it just won't work. i think my n64 is a masochist.

Offline Nny

«Reply #14: December 16, 2008, 08:54:34 AM»
For my ps1, I'd have to take the game out, rub the disc, put it back in, smack the console a bit, press the memory cards in more, reset, open, close, turn it on, put my feet on it like a footrest. :|
And even then, if I took my feet off of it to go do something else, it would shut off.
So if I wanted to get up, I'd have to put something of equal weight on it.
I hated that thing, I finally tossed it out my window out of pure frustration one day.

Offline Gineviève

«Reply #15: December 16, 2008, 12:28:48 PM»
Who here hasn't given a game cartridge a good blow?  ;)

ROFL

Could have made money off of my skills. <3

Which I guess is why my husband laughs
when I'm constantly blowing on my N64.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:30:51 PM by Nirvanic »

Offline Astell

«Reply #16: December 16, 2008, 12:44:26 PM»
Our N64 is screwed up since I used to pull the cartridges out before the game was turned off, causing the screen to freeze and the game to glitch...lol. So now you have to try it a few times before it works, same when we had an NES too. Plus our controllers are all warped. ):