turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Pricing and Critique  (Read 970 times)

Offline Para

Pricing and Critique
«: February 10, 2008, 06:01:05 AM»
Critique meaning, constructive criticism. Uuh. Specifics are waywyaywyawa easier for me than just telling. And as for pricing, I'm not sure if I'm accurate or not with this soo.
anywhoo.

Right now, they're at 4-6 GD a pop. Up, down, or good?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 06:12:01 AM by skank »

Offline Morgan

Re: Pricing and Critique
«Reply #1: February 10, 2008, 07:48:04 AM»
veeery nice. i'm sure you could up it to at least 7, actually. if i had more than 1gd, i'd commission you. :B

Offline Para

«Reply #2: February 10, 2008, 06:34:18 PM»
Awwh, thanks for the help (:

Sesruc

«Reply #3: February 11, 2008, 04:06:46 PM»
nice shading. like morgan said, you could think about raising the price by one or two GD. and maybe some.. uhh.. more, if this is the right word, interactive poses? like. instead of just a head shot that ends below the collar bone. maybe some chest.. arms.. just different poses here out.

Offline Para

«Reply #4: February 11, 2008, 04:19:24 PM»
alright, thanks (:
I actually am kinda experimenting with poses right now
but it seems the smaller things get, the harder it is to me. lol

Sesruc

«Reply #5: February 11, 2008, 04:19:57 PM»
yeah, i have the same problem. xD
i mean. how much can you fit in 95x95 pixels?

a lot. but. shh.

Offline Sanne

«Reply #6: February 12, 2008, 10:14:59 AM»
I think 5GD is a pretty nice price for this. As mentioned a million times above, I adore that shading. :D

My only crit anatomy wise is to make sure the proportions are right. An average human being's shoulders are almost three times the width of the head - for ports like the wolf, it'd look good if you could make the shoulders a tad wider. (Also, wide shoulders on men is very manly. :B +Cheezy drool+ I laiks mai menz wiff wide shouldahs. 8D +Roll+)

Lastly, make sure the background compliments the character. :3 Use more colors to form some contrast and, if possible, you can make them remappable too so the person who uses it can adjust it nicely. If the wolfie had a bit of a brighter background with more contrast in it (or even a white/brightly colored outline), he'd stand out better and it'd compliment his presence in the square more.

I don't know how you draw your ports, but if you're intending on practicing poses you can trace the basics from an actual photo, sketch it out, shrink it and then pixel. Tracing photographs helps you to understand anatomy and perspective really well because you're drawing something that's 100% correct, given it's a real human being/other animal.

Hope this helps a bit. :3
"Deep down inside, you wish you were skinny."
"No. Deep down inside, you wish you had half the confidence I have to be yourself."

Offline Para

«Reply #7: February 12, 2008, 05:49:59 PM»
Actually, the background is remappable -
it just happened to be on a dark color at the time I screenshotted it, lol.

Usually I go from sketches > lineart > coloring
Buuut, that picture idea really helps. Thanks (: