turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anatomy help me love you loong time~  (Read 946 times)

Offline Pocketmew

Anatomy help me love you loong time~
«: December 20, 2008, 11:53:38 PM»
I have finally decided to ask this >w<

I've been having major problems with arm anatomy. and a few other anatomical mistakes. There is one post I invision so much but can never draw out because of the arm and shoulder area. I am trying to achieve a pose where the figure is stretching with the arms ABOVE the head where you can see them. Everytime I draw it turns out very unnatural. Here is a quick ref to show you what I mean. If anyone can redline I'd love you D:

Offline Eevee

Re: Anatomy help me love you loong time~
«Reply #1: December 21, 2008, 12:01:50 AM»
Keep in mind that when us girls raise our arms up like that, our breasts stretch and raise up as well!

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #2: December 21, 2008, 12:04:13 AM»
I can never get the body to move naturally :( Lol I haven't gotten around to boob movement yet haha. I'm slowly working my way into decent anatomy :P I just got the body a little down, not really the torso =\ Thanks Eevee!

Offline Eevee

«Reply #3: December 21, 2008, 12:12:56 AM»
I tried not to incorporate my anatomy style

Also, don't forget you ARE your best model, so whip out that large mirror and pose nude for yourself #ST

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #4: December 21, 2008, 12:16:24 AM»
Ohwow that helped ALOT ;-; I think thats just what I need to help me Eva. Thankssss <333

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #5: December 22, 2008, 08:16:59 AM»

The reason it looked a bit weird is cause in proportion, the elbow would not reach the bellybutton if she put her arm down. If you lengthen the upper arm some to accommodate that, she will look much better. (look at yourself in the mirror and left one arm. You will see that your elbow is positioned precisely at the top line of your head. Pur your arm down and you will see the elbow lined up with your belly button) If you're unsure how to place certain things, just draw a basic shape skeleton first and then work over it. I drew a line over her chest, bolding upwards to indicate her breasts are lifted and her nipples will point more upwards, as well that her torso will arch towards the front.

Although it's your style, be careful with the size differences between head/body. The large head may look odd if the rest of your bodies are in good proportion.

anything