turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

How do you feel about the events leading to and after 2012?

fearful and anxious. ahhh ):
11 (9.9%)
conspiracy bullshit.
50 (45%)
concered and preparing..obsessed.
3 (2.7%)
not worried about a thing, reguardless.
40 (36%)
dont know anything about it.
7 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: 2012  (Read 7590 times)

Offline tooth

«: December 23, 2008, 02:54:27 PM»
There is no doubt that times are changing..but in what ways?
Famine and food shortages? War? Disease? Natural disasters? Mayan prophecy? Spiritual evolution?

Discuss, no room for ego fits/put your balls away. (its ok!)

This is a discussion- and you have nothing to prove. Just share! (: If you vote, if you have time- share why.

If you'd rather stay anonymous; PM me your reply, I can post it for you.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:55:16 AM by tooth »

Offline Azula

Re: 2012
«Reply #1: December 23, 2008, 04:56:09 PM»
i'm hoping some awesome twilight zone shit is gonna happen IE aliens fuckin with us that would be sw33t

Offline Mredria

«Reply #2: December 23, 2008, 05:20:38 PM»
Doomsday profits are never out of business.
---I apologize---

Offline Dolly

«Reply #3: December 23, 2008, 05:32:58 PM»
i'm hoping some awesome twilight zone shit is gonna happen IE aliens fuckin with us that would be sw33t

Offline Tony

«Reply #4: December 23, 2008, 06:36:40 PM»

Then i'll be the first to find a new alien lifeform... and fuck it. And people'd be like, "There he goes. Homeboy fucked a Martian once."  8)

Offline Adielle

«Reply #5: December 23, 2008, 09:45:48 PM»
If you HONESTLY want to know more about the Mayan calander and what it was about, sinces its not a calander as we think of them, please watch Ian Lungold's videos explaining it.  Its a lecture and its gets long but its definitely worth it to watch, 'specially if your scared, it can put your mind at least a little at ease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDN6ZcZ0y9I&feature=related
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #6: December 23, 2008, 09:59:00 PM»
In my opinion it's just an annoying conspiracy that I'm sick of hearing about. Kinda strange how there's alot of coincidences about that alot of things happen in that year, but idk man, still sounds annoying and retarded to me.

Sesruc

«Reply #7: December 23, 2008, 10:03:08 PM»

Offline Adielle

«Reply #8: December 23, 2008, 10:36:38 PM»
There are a few reasons why this specific occassion, December 12, 2012, has been raised with concern.  Other then specific studies and religious beliefs of the Mayan and Aztec culture, there are also a few scientific things occuring in 2012.  The Great Celestial Conjunction as known by the Mayans, was a religious time.  They were amazing astronomers.  This event or "galactic equinox" occurs once ever 6,500 years.  Now, the only different to the equinox happening in 2012 is that supposedly planet X, a planet smaller then Pluto will be coming into alignment with the Earth, moon and sun.  Will this cause any problems?  Most likely no.  For all we know, since we only recently discovered this planet, it could have aligned with us in the past.  This is, however the only actual documented fact that WILL happen in 2012.

As for the Mayan calendar and how many people assume its going to bring about doomsday when it ends, this is simply a theory.  Is it wrong?  I think so.  What the calendar is actually documenting is the evolution of consciouness, its not a typical calendar like we see day to day.  Its documenting our current age in time.  What are the theories to whats going to happen when it ends?  Well, one theory is that we'll surpass consciousness and move on to using our intuition to live day to day.  Basically things will be happening at a faster and faster speed, new events, life changing ones will cause us to have little time to actually think about whats going to happen, and rather we'll just have to react as our intuition tells us.

Another theory is that this big event that will happen at that stage will be the last crash of our economic system.  The ecomonic system was built to fail because the human mind was never added to the equation when we came up with the finacial system in the first place.  People have doubts, get worried when they hear gossip that a stock will fall and they pull their money out, thats how we have major drops and even stock market crashes.  If our current system were to crash beyond repair it would be a big change in everyone's lives and a long period of change.  Coming up with a new system that will staisfy every aspect of life, including our thought process.

Thats just a brief summary, if you want me to go into more detail, let me know.  I've done quite a lot of personal study on this topic.  Love ancient history and science.  Started actually researching a bit more over 2 years ago.  Obviously much of this is just theory, but then we can't see the future so we don't know WHAT will happen, for all we know, nothing will happen.  We'll just have to wait and see.  :)  I don't believe in all the doomsday hype though and I really don't believe thats what we are going to have occur.  The calendar signifies a New Age coming after this age is done, that does not mean we all die for unknown reasons, simply means we are evolving past consiousness and to another level of being.

My Gallery.

Offline Adielle

«Reply #9: December 23, 2008, 10:40:02 PM»
Here is a visualization of the different ages in our current evolution of consciousness:

Its taken from http://www.mayanmajix.com/.

My Gallery.

Offline Mala

«Reply #10: December 23, 2008, 11:07:00 PM»
nothings going to happen besides sarah palin creating more laughs for the political world

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #11: December 23, 2008, 11:49:01 PM»
nothings going to happen besides sarah palin creating more laughs for the political world

Offline Azula

«Reply #12: December 24, 2008, 12:12:21 AM»
sarah palin jokes are old guys

Offline Dolly

«Reply #13: December 24, 2008, 02:58:22 AM»

Then i'll be the first to find a new alien lifeform... and fuck it. And people'd be like, "There he goes. Homeboy fucked a Martian once."  8)

Offline Azula

«Reply #14: December 24, 2008, 04:28:50 AM»

YO SOME PICKLE FUCKER JUST GAVE US FREE EATS

Offline Dolly

«Reply #15: December 24, 2008, 06:17:27 AM»

Eww.. this tastes like piss and flies.

Offline Sync

«Reply #16: December 24, 2008, 07:34:33 AM»
uhh stupid.

there isn't any evidence to support the prediction. well i guess that stupid calender, but it's just stuff etched in on a rock.

Offline Goldrush

«Reply #17: December 24, 2008, 07:59:12 AM»
we might miss the olympics :o hmm, sounds like bull though.
SUP DAWG. WE HEARD YOU LIKE CARS SO WE PUT A CAR IN YO CAR SO YOU CAN DRIVE WHILE YOU DRIVE.

http://www.hazel-rah.webs.com

Offline tooth

«Reply #18: December 24, 2008, 11:13:35 AM»
Some of the articles I've read online are total laughable hippy garbage, but we HAVE to face problems we might see surface in OUR future-meaning we could possibly experience this.. if the worlds economy keeps failing like it is now, the genocide, tension, recessions, civil unrest- riots in Europe have already been spreading because of these issues that are inevitable. Food shortage, people being fed up with this or that, corrupt police farce, etc, and our weather changes(not caused by global warming contrary to media trend..) that have been killing several species of mammals amphibians and insects (specifically bees) and hah, as Albert Einstein quotes, when bees go extinct, humans will follow. I personally don't believe its going to be doomsday, or on 2012 on that specific day for OMG EVERYTHING2CHANGE but a lot of people are going to be forced to change their life style, become "weeded out" if you will- spiritual or not, whatever you believe in. Humanity chose, and its beyond me, to over indulge in materialistic gluttony obsession and routine, abandoned the bond with nature and the earth and perverted our purpose and experience, it's time to open our eyes because the universe won't have it. Thats all I know and stand by.

i found this kind of interesting:

"THE ABSOLUTE CERTAIN SENARIOS"
WHAT ARE THEY? These are things that you can absolutely count on happening regardless of 2012, theories, or geological events not on a time schedule. They are the three things that every person on the planet ought to be prepared for every day and all of the time("i think thats a little extreme, just watch for the warning signs and learn how to fucking garden and basic survival skills are good to know"-tooth) because they are a given. They WILL happen, 2012 or not.

1. WAR. It is part of the nature of man to WAR. We WILL war. Most unfortunate but it is so. The United States is involved in wars all of the time. We just had a war in Iraq. They tell us that we won but for some reason we keep fighting and people keep dying over there. Our generation and the generation before us are among the only peoples in the history of the world to learn of war from the comfort of our living rooms via television. EVENTUALLY war will come to our shores. In fact, there is no way that it WON'T happen. With Nukes and Bio/Chemical warefare in the picture it probably won't be pretty.

2. Every country in the world goes through economic troubles at one time or another. It happens. In this country people in the United States starved after the Civil War when confederate currency held no value. The great depression which began in 1929 wasn't that long ago. We have had recessions since then. We will have economic hardships of one kind or another in the future.

3. FOOD SHORTAGES Often going hand in hand with economic hardship, food shortages have occurred in every country in the world at one time or another. Every single country. We take our food for granted. During the great depression 87% of the country was agriculturally based. Now it is less than 1%. When the food goes off the shelves, what will you do to feed yourself and your family this time around?

And keep in mind guys, America is young, and has a LOT more than a few hundred years to experience. I have mixed feelings about Obama, I also believe that one man backed by hundreds of rich and pampered cant possibly do the right thing for billions of people of its nation so diverse, at its worsening (along with the world's) condition. Lets say if Obama was assassinated (which I certainly hope not!!!) You could count on riots destroying your comfort and false security and America to degrade quickly to 3rd world. Think about it. I am far from racist, and in Chicago ALONE whites are the minority and working in a coffee house, I know for a fact the  majority percentage of blacks support Obama 100%. Imagine it. White people would be furious too and join in hispanic, i dont care- over one incident. Its possible especially now that people trust less in less in the media and "what really happened"-- All I'm saying is its so easy for "something" to happen and our lifestyle conditions and fragile society now couldn't take the blow. Our paths in life and what we condone will point us in the direction we follow that will affect us as a whole. I guess it comes down to what you believe in, and what you are willing to compromise and to what are you striving for, then ask yourself why?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:34:53 AM by tooth »

Offline elle

«Reply #19: December 24, 2008, 12:37:57 PM»
i am just waiting for gas prices to drop even more yay. oh and really in 2012 i will vote for the next truly libertarian whether or not s/he has magnificent eyebrows like ron paul.

i can't wait for the next election. thats about it. and school.l

Offline Tony

«Reply #20: December 24, 2008, 12:49:36 PM»

Eww.. this tastes like piss and flies.

You should read your bible, sirs.

Erde

«Reply #21: December 24, 2008, 01:01:49 PM»
Prophecies have predicted our world ending several times before 2012.  It's much like the Y2K thing, where everyone thought the world was going to end that day.

We'll always have war, famine, pandemics, etc.  I don't think it's going to get any worse by 2012... but, that's just me.

Tripitripit

«Reply #22: December 24, 2008, 06:21:39 PM»
I agree with Erde.... also people always have to worry about something... and /if/ we do die in 2012 then we die.. I don't think it's something we should be OMG about since yeah, we're all going to die someday anyway? Yeah, I'm pessimistic I guess.

Offline Adielle

«Reply #23: December 24, 2008, 10:31:45 PM»
And keep in mind guys, America is young, and has a LOT more than a few hundred years to experience. I have mixed feelings about Obama, I also believe that one man backed by hundreds of rich and pampered cant possibly do the right thing for billions of people of its nation so diverse, at its worsening (along with the world's) condition. Lets say if Obama was assassinated (which I certainly hope not!!!) You could count on riots destroying your comfort and false security and America to degrade quickly to 3rd world. Think about it. I am far from racist, and in Chicago ALONE whites are the minority and working in a coffee house, I know for a fact the  majority percentage of blacks support Obama 100%. Imagine it. White people would be furious too and join in hispanic, i dont care- over one incident. Its possible especially now that people trust less in less in the media and "what really happened"-- All I'm saying is its so easy for "something" to happen and our lifestyle conditions and fragile society now couldn't take the blow. Our paths in life and what we condone will point us in the direction we follow that will affect us as a whole. I guess it comes down to what you believe in, and what you are willing to compromise and to what are you striving for, then ask yourself why?

Thank you for that, you hit the nail on the head.  I agree 100% with this.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I agree as well.  See, thats the problem with all this "doomsday" hype, the majority of it is simply theory.  I started out studying various ancient cultures a few years back and the Mayan and Aztec's came into the mix and I was intrigued, so I did a bit of research on them as well, which in the end also gave me good information on the calendar, which as I already said, isn't really a calendar at all.  If people took the time to actually look into it if they were scared, they'd note that all the calendar is predicting is our current progression through consciousness and moving towards the "2nd age" or "new age" which will lead us to our "supposed" next step in evolution, which most theorize is intuition based rather then consciousness.  Thats all the calendar is doing.  Are most of the predictions extremely accurate?  Yes, but thats where people get worried, they don't read into the topic, just hear how accurate the calendar has been and assume, "OMG, the world will end!"

Now, I try to be more realistic about things, like you, I definitely agree with war, famine, and economic unrest, or even the total destruction of our current economic system and moving into a new one where the people in charge of creating it will keep ever basic idea in mind, including how people think.  Those are all things, that as you said, almost certainly will happen, whether right in 2012, or even not long after.  We can already see it now. 

There is one other factual thing that will occur in 2012, and thats the galactic equinox, which having happened once ever 6500 years (approx.), how can that be harmful?  As I said before, the only supposed difference this time around is that planet X will also be approaching near to us as the equinox happens, but since we only discovered the whereabouts of this new planet, planet x, a handful of years back, how do we know it hasn't crossed our path before?  Honestly, I don't see that creating much of a problem.  Now, the only worry surrounding the alignments of the sun, moon earth and this mysterious new planet is the question of whether it could "through our poles off balance and change them completely."  East would not be south and west north.  Honestly, I don't put much merit in that at all.  There is absolutely no evidence to say that something like this will happen at all.  The only scientific evidence we have is that our galaxy will come into a strange alignment.  That is all.

Another thing people are becoming overlly worried about is solar storms.  Now, these electrical storms in our galaxy have more then likely happened for millions and millions of years, and because only a few years back we finally are able to discover them and monitor them we all of a sudden worry our little heads off.  They say 2011-2012 the storms will be worse then what they have seen before, but seriously, if you've only started noticing these things a good 3 years ago, you really don't have much proof to say they are "worse."  The only thing that the storms could potentially affect and the reason for the worry is the electronics in plane computer systems, because aircraft fly high enough into the stratosphere to possibly have electronic disturbances.  But thats the thing, this has happened before and could happen any time, so I don't see why its such a big deal during those years specifically.  No doubt the storms have been this same way in the past.

My Gallery.

Offline Azula

«Reply #24: December 25, 2008, 04:57:24 PM»
i am just waiting for gas prices to drop even more yay. oh and really in 2012 i will vote for the next truly libertarian whether or not s/he has magnificent eyebrows like ron paul.

i can't wait for the next election. thats about it. and school.l

the libertarian candidate wasn't ron paul lol

anything