turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Feral, Anthro, or Human?  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Jade Ravenwing

Feral, Anthro, or Human?
«: December 27, 2008, 07:29:59 PM»
So I was curious on how many people actually play feral characters versus how many people play anthro characters. I've noticed that anthro designs or designs more on the human side seem to sell faster. Be they digital, traditional, pixels, or actual designs. Thoughts, comments?

I, personally, prefer feral characters to anthro or human.

Offline Adielle

Re: Feral, Anthro, or Human?
«Reply #1: December 27, 2008, 09:38:29 PM»
I don't mind feral characters, but I don't play them for a few reasons, firstly, because if its feral, I don't know...I just find it rather stupid to add like, necklaces and eye patches and all this stuff you might to an anthro or a human; why?  Because if they are feral, they act on animal instinct and therefore shouldn't really have any human/anthro qaulities.  They'd be natural, not trying to "primp" their appearance.

I think each and every type of character has its own appeals and flaws.  I tend to play creatures I make up myself, races that no one knows about, I jsut give a detailed enough section on the race itself so people have a chance to understand the characters a bit better.  I've played a feral long long ago, a few anthro's, and a few humans.  If I were to choose between the three you've given, I tend to sway more towards humans.  I have trouble properly roleplaying as an anthro, because quite frankly, some of the terms you'd use for their feet, hands and the like just....disturb me.  But thats just my opinion.  I don't mind what a person plays as long as they can hold a good roleplay and/or conversation, I'm happy.  <3
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

Offline Anevay

«Reply #2: December 28, 2008, 12:45:25 AM»
I usually play anthros because humans are incredibly boring to design and things I can do with feral animals are... limited. ;P

-Ane <3

Offline Anarchy

«Reply #3: December 28, 2008, 12:50:45 AM»
I think feral designs don't sell very well because people give them stupid things like bows in their hair and piercings. I prefer to rp ferals because I've found most of the human or anthro rp I enter into to be too superficial and sexually charged. I like designing feral chars because it is difficult to make them original without being stupid, but I like designing anthros and humans because you can put alot more depth into them. Unfortunately, I think the rp is lacking. Just my opinion though.

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #4: December 28, 2008, 01:03:08 AM»
I personally prefer anthro, because I like to see what a char can look like by combining a cool animal with a human. In my opinion, I find ferals boring because all I see are solid color wolves with different colored ears or a fancy mohawk. I like humans as well, but I looove making markings so I still prefer anthros.

Black Rain

«Reply #5: December 28, 2008, 06:21:39 AM»
Personally, I prefer anthro. Because humans  ( besides elves which technically is not human but, a mythical being that looks human.. ) are boring. And, there's not much to do with them other than midevil dreams or other such dreams.
Feral is boring. It used to be fun back then but, most feral dreams are alike except for the theme.
 So, Anthro is more better. A lot more choices and very little worry.

Offline Lothus

«Reply #6: December 28, 2008, 04:40:50 PM»
For whatever it matters, I prefer playing Anthros, myself. Not that a feral-style designed character doesn't have their place. xD But I find the look of an anthro to be more interesting, and overall... offering a little more variety than playing a human or feral.
Unfortunately, I can't draw, so that aspect is rather closed to me, personally. xD

Offline Skink

«Reply #7: December 30, 2008, 04:46:42 PM»
AM I ALLOWED TO LOVE PLAYING ALL OF THEM?!

The only reason I have few human characters is because I AM human. If I'm going to pretend to be something else online, I might as well pretend to be something I'd rather be then what I am. Looking at it in that light, it'sfun to play an anthro or a feral pretty equally.

Offline Zim

«Reply #8: December 30, 2008, 04:48:40 PM»
I play anthros exclusively on Furcadia.

On WOW I play trolls (and a pair of fagtastic blood elves). :p

Who are fab, by the way.

Humans for me, or at least humanoid. It's always fun for me to see how diverse and interesting I can make a humanoid character without it turning into something it isn't. I do have a couple of anthro characters, but I just feel more comfortable playing things without fur. And then, I can't even stand feral characters because of how "human" most people make them, and how boring it can get playing a wolf or something... Personal opinion though.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #9: December 31, 2008, 02:21:19 PM»
Well...I like having anthro characters, definitely, but drawing them as humans once in a while is fun for me too. It's a blast making markings for them, deciding what aspects I want them to have from either the human side, or various species that I smash together.

I also have a new feral character I'm working on, Milli-Q, but she's an albino deer -- I wouldn't want to have some wolf or a fox or something, not unless it was some crazy mix or a fennec fox. I love fennec and gray foxes. <3

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #10: December 31, 2008, 02:41:26 PM»
I prefer anthro characters for RP, but I do have a smattering of others. A couple trolls, a starbeast, etc. I made a feral character to RP in an anthro/human environment and lemme tell ya--that gets boring. I did a tiny bit of feral RP back in the day, which was fun, but playing a true feral amongst anthros/humans is... not the greatest, for me. I love finding obscure animals to turn into anthros. It's so fun! :3

Offline niki

«Reply #11: December 31, 2008, 05:19:15 PM»
I don't really like ferals much.
I loooove anthros.
I used to love humans too, but I'm starting to get a bit more creative nowadays, and anthros are really the best way for me to be creative XD

Offline Rat The Unloved

«Reply #12: January 10, 2009, 03:03:20 AM»
Anthros or humans, with a few "talking animals" and one genuine feral.

Offline Belgium

«Reply #13: January 10, 2009, 03:14:51 AM»
I like everything. My main is a human, but I have an anthro character and a feral character as well. I enjoy variety.

Offline alexandra

«Reply #14: January 10, 2009, 07:12:16 PM»
I've never played a human EVER except for like one line of crack rp that was like
Sarah: want to play seven minutes in heaven....

and although i dont roleplay anthros i draw my feral characters as them a lot. and as for feral... i hate wolves. i always play breeds of dogs or big cats, birds, snakes, and so on.

Offline grimgris

«Reply #15: January 10, 2009, 10:32:13 PM»
as has been said, i love designing feral and anthro characters, but rping them? .. not so much. used to rp feral back when i was like 12 and obsessed with wolves, might start up again if i find anyone worth rping them with. and as mentioned most ferals are retarded scenester fagdogs with piercings and green mohawks

i only really rp humans and human-anthros (humans with short fur/ears/tails) because just thinking about yiffing muzzles and paws and all that shit kinda grosses me out

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #16: January 11, 2009, 01:18:41 AM»
interesting... but what if ferals didn't run around with piercings, scarves, necklaces, giant green mohawks and all that? I usually try to keep my ferals on the realistic side and try to do a bit of research on them before I play them. I don't cover them with jewelry or other accessories they don't need. -gags-

my character does have a light, grayish green mane type thing of sorts, but it isn't a giant mohawk. xD

Offline Glory

«Reply #17: January 11, 2009, 01:52:13 AM»
Applied mostly towards feral canines here...
The fact is, no matter how interesting your feral character is... it is boring as hell to roleplay.
If it isn't, then you're tipping the scales on realistic feral (either appearance and/or abillity wise) or you have not experienced the joys of having thumbs in a roleplay.
because thumbs and free arms are very fun.

So thus, I roleplay anthro/furre/human whatever you want to call my OC Glory.

IPGD

«Reply #18: January 11, 2009, 02:11:44 AM»
I prefer human characters, but I'm more concerned with the quality of the people and setting than whether or not my characters have fur. Given a choice, though, I'll always make a human[oid].

Offline Hermes

«Reply #19: January 11, 2009, 08:47:32 AM»
Personally, I like to design my own races to rp, which I find is a great way for me to get my creativity going because I like to make my own history for them and little details and rules in case anyone wanted to create their own character of that race. All of my most enjoyable 'non-canon' rps have always involved the characters that I had completely designed because it's fun to develop their personalities.

Overall though, I do prefer rping anthros and humans. I used to like feral rp but... after a while it gets boring and slightly repetitive, in my own opinion but I do rp a bit of feral when I rp Fawkes since he can shapeshift into a feral form... which I know not many people are fond of but it provides variety.

So thus, I roleplay anthro/furre/human whatever you want to call my OC Glory.

Poor Glory... my bad~ xD

Art © Sushi on dA - Species © Theme on FA

Offline Geisteskrank

«Reply #20: January 12, 2009, 01:37:23 AM»
I used to RP as a feral lion a long time ago. But feral lion dreams died for a long time, then wolves took over. But I'm not a dog person, so I mostly lost interest in feral RP. I know there are a few really beautiful lion-themed dreams now, but they seem to have lots of rules; the strict atmosphere is kind of intimidating. I have a few feral characters, but haven't actually RP'd with them.

Anthro characters are the easiest for me to understand, enjoy, design, and play as. It's the easiest way to be an animal and act like a human, or vise versa. XD It's fun as hell to draw anthro characters, too. Combining traits and dressing them up is always interesting. Overall, I prefer anthro.

Humans are forever boring and off-putting to me. I am fully human and have been for 20 years; nothing new, very plain. Life as a human is stressful. And humans are known for doing a lot of negative things. I'd rather at least partially get away from that with my characters. If I do get into RPing again, I'd prefer not to RP with human characters. Especially on furcadia, 'cause that doesn't make sense. XD

(0:9) When a furre arrives in the dream,
   (1:79) and the triggering furre is using an iPhone or iPod Touch,
            (5:78) eject the triggering furre.

Offline Hollen

«Reply #21: January 12, 2009, 01:46:52 AM»
Humans, Anthro's and Monsters/mythical creatures. Not like a unicorn like a sentient Foo Dog or something else from specific lore. I really like playing characters linked to fantasy stories from cultures of the world, Meso American design and influence are one of my favorites

Offline Rae

«Reply #22: January 15, 2009, 02:25:21 PM»
I'm all anthro over here, I find human is boring, considering I am one.
ahhaha.
So anthro is much more interesting to me. Feral gets boring quickly for me.
I like the strange anthros, stuff like zebras, or rare animals.

Offline Hathor

«Reply #23: January 15, 2009, 02:53:48 PM»
I like a bit of everything, I play anthros mostly, but a couple of my characters have feral forms that can add a twist to the tale. I also find it refreshing to play as humans once in a while, whether they be a main part of the story or just a random passerby that happens to get victimized by one of the main characters, since most RPs I'm in are based on present day Earth, there are far more humans about than anthros.

I love to play monsters/aliens, especially huge ones that add a new viewpoint of interaction with the world.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #24: January 15, 2009, 10:25:46 PM»
I PLAY HUMANS BECAUSE I AM A FURRY IRL GOD THAT'S SO BORING
except not

im falling out of the lol furry character thing for more developed human characters. and i've also noticed i've gone from predominantly female to predominantly male characters even if 85% of my male characters are gay boys.

anything