turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: pricing/crit  (Read 645 times)

Offline Booker

pricing/crit
«: December 30, 2008, 02:10:17 AM»
PRETTY MUCH FOR A FRIEND
--
>HAHA ok hi guys. so I had this idea, because I really like making characters but I dont want to draw peoples' already made characters. they're usually boring and that means I have to conform to what they want and that blows..

so I thought about selling completed designs and then realized well, that sucks, because I dont want to have to do a ton of edits to a colored piece because someone wants a different color on something or whatever..

here's what I was thinking.. create lineart of characters and get someone who wants it, and I'll then make a few small edits here and there and then color it how they want??

I'll use this as an example:
http://i40.tinypic.com/v7v8jk.png

be light with your crit, but feel free to redline. it's 1 in the morning, I will probably do better than this.

someone could tell me what colors they want, and I could flat color it and maybe give it a snazzy colorful background or something. I could include ports or just linearts with them? because I'm lazy. let's say I include.. a flat colored pic like that, and then a port lineart, for.. 5 GD?

tl;dr is it a good idea to sell premade character design "lineart" that I'll edit/flat color + 1 port lineart for 5 GD?

aslo I guess I should say pic is pretty much all by me, except Gilbert made the circle and semi shape for the head and helped me with the viewer's.. right arm, I think. not the one with the cighand.

Offline Pocketmew

Re: pricing/crit
«Reply #1: December 30, 2008, 02:41:33 PM»
MMm thats really hot, I'd pay more than 5gd for it :P Thats a really great idea! Good luc :>

anything