turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: artist goals  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Jenni

artist goals
«: December 30, 2008, 02:12:54 AM»
2am, bored as fuck

what are some goals that you are striving for in your art?

for me;
adapting more of my own style, a mixture of whatever the fuck im doing right now and realism (obv not going anywhere)
balanced figures (aka ones that can stand and not look awkward as fuck)
full body art
POSE VARIANCE +++++++++
pixel+digital shading
drawing things without fucking up always (i cant do anything traditional because of this)
perspective
human features
men that dont take it up the ass

sorry for my vulgarity

Offline Booker

Re: artist goals
«Reply #1: December 30, 2008, 02:31:50 AM»
perspective
human features
men that dont take it up the ass

those and good backgrounds and lineart
and anatomy..

Offline Azula

«Reply #2: December 30, 2008, 02:59:47 AM»
everything

Offline Anevay

«Reply #3: December 30, 2008, 07:22:47 AM»
Making the process go faster, but at the same time, make the majority of what I put out look better. x3
That especially goes for my portraits. I shade -very- pathetically slowly, because I'm OCD about it. x)
And speaking of that,

Not be so OCD with everything in general, I guess.

I'm just fine at drawing any type of male and satisfied with those I do, but I just never do draw them.
So also, draw some more males. xD

Lately I've been getting more into drawing illustration-types of scenes, where the subject is actually doing something and is actually in a certain place instead of just this boring old character on a plain background, and by doing that I'm adding this variety to my life and things that I put out look awesome and full of action and excitement and I'm exercising my creativity again and I'm liking it. xD

So I definitely want to do more of that, and eliminate the boring stuff this year.

I also want to get more into digital painting. Like... The things where the lineart process is skipped altogether. x)
Done before, but failed- It was much too long ago and I just wasn't ready to take it up. But now I'm feeling more confident and interested in developing that skill, so I'm going to look up some basic tuts to start me off and tackle it this year as well, fershure. :3

And most of all, I've found that when I'm drawing something while I'm half-asleep, things just end up looking better.
I asked my friend about how that could possibly work out like that, and she proposed that it was because when we're in that state, we're not so worried about pleasing anybody other than ourselves- and not trying to obtain something that we're just not.

So I've come to the conclusion I'm either going to draw frickin' EVERUHTHING I ever draw while I'm HALF ASLEEP--
Or just skip the bullshit and work on eliminating my need to please other people when I'm drawing whatever I'm drawing.

Sooo, there.
My art goals for 2009. ^_^;;
I believe that's it for now. Might add on to it later.

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #4: December 30, 2008, 11:56:19 AM»
Let's see, I want challenge myself by trying to do anthros when I'm more comfortable doing ferals. I want to try to become stronger in anatomy, perspective, and maybe in even realism. I definatley need practice with clothing. Doing full body art rather then headshots. That's pretty much it. I want to become stronger in art in general.

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #5: December 30, 2008, 01:27:16 PM»
Be able to draw muzzles without them looking autistic
Anatomy
Anatomy
Anatomy
Manly Mans
Get comfortable drawing faces
Draw arms better ugh
And if I ever have to do a feral again, make sure it doesn't look like something that crawled out of a 3 year olds mind.

Offline Drug

«Reply #6: December 30, 2008, 02:25:42 PM»
Anatomy, especially shoulders. I also have this weird thing where I draw one side good and can't do the other the same.
But my ultimate goal ever is to have a dancing gif of my character. xD

Offline Skink

«Reply #7: December 30, 2008, 02:42:40 PM»
Re-wiring my brain to distinguish real anatomy from fantasy anatomy. It sucks when I look at my dog and wonder if I should red line her because it would obviously be INCORRECT.

Offline Lassa

«Reply #8: December 30, 2008, 02:55:35 PM»
men from the waist down (i am not talking about dicks), i make guys hips look retarded and their legs look too feminine.
backgrounds.
extreme expressions.
canine anthros. I can't get the whole dog-head-on-human-body thing down.
realistic shading.
realistic humans coloured digitally. I can do it in traditional media, but colouring them on the computer is just dshfdhfdjg.
more complete pictures. things without halfassed backgrounds, lazy shading, and boring poses, where everything flows together properly.
dog heads from front view.
pictures with more than two people in them.
perspective.
people who aren't skinny.
tits.

Offline bowlegged

«Reply #9: December 30, 2008, 02:56:58 PM»
I should be using lots of references because i always imagine that i'll get it right but turns out one fatass ho.
Anatomy
Drawing heads
know how to do poses
shading ++ realism.
also eyes and feet
Yap ~

Offline Pumpkin

«Reply #10: December 30, 2008, 09:56:02 PM»
A style that stands out and isn't too realistic, but not too cartoony either.
Positivity for my work.
Stop being so darn sidetracked and GET STUFF DONE in a timely manner.
Positivity for my work. Again.
-Quit Furcadia. HARK.-

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #11: December 31, 2008, 02:47:43 PM»
I want to get back into traditional media. I have this horrible block where the only place I can do traditional stuff (I'm talking painting/charcoal/pastels/etc. not just pencil/pen) is in my high school art classroom. So I haven't done anything since I graduated (except for one time I went back for a visit and whipped out this awesome painting, what). I have the basic skills and the materials, I just need to dive back in.

I also am going to try to get into more artisan-y crafts. I'm going to try tooling leather and carving wood. And MAYBE this summer I'll make a forge and try some smithing, but that's a lot of work so it's just a maybe for now!

I want to try and do more full scenes, like in paintings. BACKGROUNDS, ugh. Dynamic poses and expressions. Two+ characters interacting. Large digital paintings that are on like 4000x4000px canvases, whoo. (I've done a couple and they're SDFGSGSDGNSG SWEET but I usually lose interest halfway through so I have a lot of unfinished ones.) Life drawing.

Sesruc

«Reply #12: December 31, 2008, 03:57:03 PM»
males
perspective
trying out unique characters/body structures and shapes/facial features
more dynamic coloring/shading
poses
digital painting
backgrounds??

Offline Mala

«Reply #13: December 31, 2008, 04:15:20 PM»
anatomy!
shading
more traditional stuff (paint, pastels, etc)
more realistic style
backgrounds
watercolours
different poses
hands
men

and pretty much everything

Offline niki

«Reply #14: December 31, 2008, 05:20:51 PM»
pretty much anything and everything for me

especially shading
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:22:25 PM by Philip »

Offline Jenni

«Reply #15: January 01, 2009, 03:35:45 AM»
i'm talking about anything having to do with art..

Offline Dolly

«Reply #16: January 01, 2009, 05:32:16 AM»
I want to FINISH MY STUPID MMOSG before the year is over.

Or at least have it in alpha testing

Offline Alluvial

«Reply #17: January 01, 2009, 02:56:56 PM»
I'm trying to force myself to finish my own projects in a more timely manner. I've got a weekly comic that I run in my uni's newspaper that I need to build up a backlog for... and I want to draw a comic based on my Marvel RP group's main plot lines. Resume fodder, mostly, but damnit, I need to stick to it! I never do many enjoyable projects purely for my own pleasurable pursuit... but I will this time! I will! Haha.

And then one day I can submit everything to Marvel and/or DC and someone will hire me. Right. x)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle.

Je suis la kitter verte!

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #18: January 01, 2009, 03:06:08 PM»
pretty much everything, but more specifically I'd like to work at-

become comfortable with my first tablet
coloring/shading x200
anatomy
WOMEN
poses x200
having more confidence in my work
actually finishing things
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline kt

«Reply #19: January 01, 2009, 11:27:20 PM»
my goal is to stop sucking at art :)

Offline Jenni

«Reply #20: January 01, 2009, 11:37:14 PM»
my goal is to stop sucking at art :)
mine too

Offline Azula

«Reply #21: January 01, 2009, 11:42:40 PM»
lol
My goal is to start telling people who say they suck, that they suck. Hardcore.

already ahead of you dummy

Offline kt

«Reply #22: January 02, 2009, 09:14:00 PM»

Offline Jenni

«Reply #23: January 03, 2009, 12:10:12 PM»
MY OPINION YOU HAVE TO RESPECT MY OPINION AS I RESPECT YOURS BUT DO NOT AGREE W/ IT

Offline Glory

«Reply #24: January 04, 2009, 01:57:01 AM»
Get good enough that I can do this as a living possibly someday.
...which involves not being lazy and using the overly easy and generic anime/manga look, but actually putting time into my stuff so it is decently my own style like it should be.
Actually try to finish something totally digital that isn't a port.
FINISH PORTRAITS FASTER NGH.

anything