turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Swamp Dream  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Jade Ravenwing

Swamp Dream
«: January 02, 2009, 02:26:15 AM»
(Not sure if this should go here. Feel free to move it.)

I've been thinking about just using some already existing avs to use in my swamp dream since the dream itself is finished. Of course, I would still create custom avs and portraits to use but I want to get the dream up and running to get some members in and so people can get a taste of what it would be like.

This (amazingly) is one of the only dream projects I've finished (or gotten close to finishing). It isn't huge, but it isn't extremely tiny. Large enough to support a small population of regulars and if more people come in or people want more dens I'll expand the dream. I even have it set a bit so it could be like a plot type thing when I expand it.

So comments? Ideas? Suggestions? Likes/Dislikes. Anything that really bothers you?

Though the main purpose of this is to see if people think I should use existing avs and portraits for this until I finish the avatars and portraits, they'd be added in once they were completed. (You'll get a cute custom river otter and port though to play as -it stares at you-)

-Dream Screenshots-

Entrance (The pumpkins are no longer there, I had been hoping to finish it before Halloween, didn't happen.)

Geyser Field

Watery Ruins

Ruin Den (Note: There are 2 other dens. One is kinda like the ruin den but smaller, and the other is an abandoned mine.)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:30:43 AM by Jade Ravenwing »

Offline Jade Ravenwing

Re: Swamp Dream
«Reply #1: January 02, 2009, 05:29:50 AM»
Thought I'd post my progress on getting everything done in case anyone was interested. If you have suggestions or think certain avatars should be shuffled around let me know.

If anyone would like to contribute they're welcome to. Even if it's just a sketch. I'll also do collaborations on ports and avatars. If you do contribute I'll make sure you get a noticeable credit spot in the dream emits.

I'll update this post as things are completed.

Crocodile/Alligator/Caiman [Xx] -Dragon-
Large Snake [/x] -Unicorn-
Bald Eagle [Xx] -Eagle-
Red Tailed Hawk [Xx] -Gryffe-
Owl [Xx] -Owlen Ferian-
Beaver [Xx] -Lapine-
Bear [Xx] -Ursine-
Bobcat/Lynx [Xx] -Catten Ferian-
Capybara/Coypu(Nutria) [Xx] -Rodent-
Egret/Crane/Flamingo [Xx] -Bugge-
Cougar [Xx] -Feline-
Woodpecker [Xx] -Phoenix-
Muskrat [Xx] -Bovine-
Squirrel [Xx] -Squirrel-
Deer [X\] -Equine-
Red Wolf [/x] -Canine
River Otter [/\] -Musteline-
Turtle [Xx] -Kitterwing 2-
Frog/Toad [Xx] -Kitterwing 1-
Small Snake [Xx] -Unicorn-
Different Markings 1 [Xx] -Wings-
Different Markings 2 [Xx] -Tri-Wings-
Different Markings 3 [Xx] -Butterfly Wings-
Different Markings 4 [Xx] -Bat Wings-
Different Markings 5 [Xx] -Prime Wings-
Red Wolf Different Markings [Xx] -Wolven Ferian-
Cougar Different Markings [Xx] -Tygard Ferian-
Bobcat/Lynx Different Markings [Xx] -Leonen Ferian-
Fox [Xx] -Foxen Ferian-
Songbird [Xx] -Furling Female-
Duck [Xx] -Furling Male-
Rabbit [Xx]  -Kirin-
Racoon [Xx] -Noble Canine Female-
Skunk [Xx] -Noble Canine Male-
Armadillo [Xx] -Noble Feline Female-
Opposum [Xx] -Noble Feline Male-

X-Unfinished Avatar x-Unfinsihed Port
/-Finished Avater \-Finished Port
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:50:12 PM by Jade Ravenwing »

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #2: January 02, 2009, 09:51:49 PM»
No opinions or anything? D:

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #3: January 02, 2009, 10:15:22 PM»
Swamps are such interesting places. Good luck!

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #4: January 02, 2009, 11:06:17 PM»
Thank you. :3

-Portrait Teasers-

Male River Otter

Unspecified White Tailed Deer

Male Large Snake

Female Puma/Cougar

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:49:08 PM by Jade Ravenwing »

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #5: January 02, 2009, 11:36:22 PM»
This looks like a great dream. I have a few suggestions though. I suggest putting in in more trees. From the screenshots the dream looks more like the everglades or marshland where as putting in more trees would create more of a swampy feel. Also, is this a feral roleplay dream? If it is I don't understand the man made objects. Even if it is a swamp, I doubt you'd see many man made objects.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #6: January 03, 2009, 12:45:28 AM»
I just recently found some trees that would look good in it and at the moment I'm working on adding more trees. And yes, it is a feral roleplay dream. The reason for the ruins and the furs and things like that is because it wasn't always a swamp. There used to be a civilization of some sort that used to live there but the people left/died and over time the land has turned into a swamp. Thus the ruin type walls of the dens, an abandoned mine, etc. I thought it'd give it a bit of history instead of "Hey! Look! A swamp popped up out of nowhere!" xD

The two dens that have the walls and stuff were actually rooms at one point in time. The main Ruin Den even has a door type thing close to the entrance that might open up sometime. Though what it would lead to I don't know, most likely an underground cavern that would connect most or all of the dens.

Offline niki

«Reply #7: January 03, 2009, 02:51:29 PM»
Ooooh this dream looks like it's gonna be great!
Good luck! <3

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #8: January 08, 2009, 05:42:11 PM»
I reccomend hunting up, say, the Survivorman episode where it's taken in the Georgia swamps, or that Man Vs Wild where Grylis is stuck in the Everglades. That'll give you a better look at shading and stylizing that dream for a more swampy feel.
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #9: January 10, 2009, 02:06:56 PM»
found Born Survivor on youtube where this guy is surviving in a swamp. Only at 2:13 but I'm already adding the stuff that grows on top of water. :3 Thanks for the advice Cormallen, seeing swamps and stuff  in motion helps more than pics.

anything