turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Walkabout  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Tate

Walkabout
«: February 14, 2008, 01:27:13 PM»

So I plan to edit from my own version a more plain version for everyone else to use.

Any suggestions on what do to with it?

-What kind of markings?
-Should the hair be long or short?
-What kind of outfit?
-Any general idea of the remaps?
-The tail will have to be re-done, so should it be hanging there with a curve, or up in the air...what??

Just toss ideas at me. xD A lot of people like this, so I might as well make it for everyone else to use, too.

(Note: Made with Kaelin'yFiae's human and the chopped off head of the rodent.)

(Edit: http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1084 This is the current thing that it remaps to, by the way)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 01:49:20 PM by Tachs »

Offline Dil

Re: Walkabout
«Reply #1: February 14, 2008, 04:25:41 PM»
I think you should do some generic markings, like the default rodent one? And hair a bit longer than you have now. To fix the tail you probably can just curl the end up a bit.
I say use something that'll fit most people's characters, unless you allow everyone to make edits.

Offline Tate

«Reply #2: February 14, 2008, 04:44:13 PM»
I can't say they can't make edits, as it's not fully my creation, and I don't hold the copyright. xDDD I'm just putting it out for everyone else to use, too.

But, ugh, I can't stand the default's markings.. When have you ever seen rodents have stripes? -Dies.- >.o;; Maybe spots.. I dunno, but not stripes.

Offline Wizard

«Reply #3: February 14, 2008, 09:15:26 PM»
Spots and shorter hair sound good. And just stick it in a long-sleeved shirt and curl the tail up a little. 8D

Offline Mistoffelees

«Reply #4: February 14, 2008, 09:36:32 PM»
Give it a thicker tail and longer hair in a ponytail. D=  Also, give it a skirt and corset.

Make the ears smaller, too.

Offline Tate

«Reply #5: February 14, 2008, 09:37:03 PM»
Give it a thicker tail and longer hair in a ponytail. D=  Also, give it a skirt and corset.

Make the ears smaller, too.

STFU DDD: Make your own DDDD:

Offline Tate

«Reply #6: February 15, 2008, 02:16:54 PM»
1) I'm not putting a black line on it. I hate them, they're ugly. I don't use them in my portraits, I won't put them on anything else. It takes away from the art, in my opinion, and makes everything look terribly icky. It's just a personal opinion, and very many other artists share it. If people wanna do it themselves, go ahead. (Also, the black lines on the rodent had made it insufferable to try and customize it, and they were so confusing. I might add a black outline, but I will certainly not put the black INSIDE the avvy (say on the arms, or crossed legs.), because that's what had made it so confusing on the defaults in the first place.)
2) Will prolly do it sometime... Not sure when, though. I honestly don't like the shadow that much, especially when your friend is sitting next to you and his/her shadow covers you and makes ya look, once more, icky. I'm very hard to please, aesthetically(sp?). But, as I said, in this case if I /don't/ add it, they can add it themselves.

And, I actually did do a simply flip on the secondary poses, because I was sick of them at that point... I had already been planning to go back and reshade them... but had to give myself a day or two to let the back ache wear off.

Thanks for the input, but I'd already realized most of those. xDD What I'd been asking for is what someone thinks this should look like if set as a "default", meaning, the markings, tail pose, clothes and hair. xD I don't want it to look like an /actual/ default. D: It's why I changed it in the first place! x3;

Edit: Also, the "squigly line stuff" is there to prevent theft. Unfortunately, we have a lot of ass holes out there who would do it just to spite me. The stuff is the same as when a port artist rainbows over a port when publicly posted, except I don't have a program with rainbow. xD
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 02:19:03 PM by Tachs »

Offline Sync

«Reply #7: February 16, 2008, 06:57:05 PM»
Overlaying colored crap over your images won't stop a thief, you're wasting your time and annoying anyone trying to get a clear look at stuff. Someone who really wants to steal your stuff will steal your stuff no matter how many steps you go through to prevent them. Coloring rainbow crap over your images won't help you get your problems solved should you be ripped off, either.

actually, putting the rainbow or whatever makes it easier to catch a lot of thieves lol. not many people go through entire steps to just get a furc port

Offline Tate

«Reply #8: February 16, 2008, 08:50:16 PM»
Thank you, Sana.... I know a lot of people dislike me, but it's rare when they really want to go through all that trouble just to spite me. So, this does help. Getting your friends to verbally attack me isn't a lot of work. Getting a fully remapable thing outta this? It's a bit harder, also with the fact that the shading takes forever to do on it's on, let alone when trying to screw someone over...

-Shrugs.-

But, blegh. Does anyone have any idea of exactly what it should wear? Long sleeved shirt? Short sleeved? Tank top? Maybe the sleeves should be a different color than the shirt? Or maybe the neck, bottom of, and ends of the sleeves should all be a different color than the main shirt? Just.. something. xD I have too many ideas on my own, that's why I'm asking other people, to mainly help me decide on something.

As I said, "official" stuff can be added by whoever wants to do it, but my version won't have it.

Offline Tate

«Reply #9: February 18, 2008, 04:26:32 PM»
And who in this entire art community knows where I use the avatar? No one. I don't have my own dream--so it's not like they can come to it and find it. Nor, where ever I wear it, is it available for everyone /else/ to wear and screen shot.

Try again.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #10: February 18, 2008, 04:29:57 PM»
Um yea.. let's argue about how Tachs displays her work instead of commenting constructively on the work itself. Good show, mates.

Offline Tate

«Reply #11: February 18, 2008, 06:44:50 PM»
Then I think the smart thing to do would be to ask to see it in game, as I will not post a clear version on this or any other site.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #12: February 24, 2008, 03:08:21 AM»
Why don't we get back to the artwork posted, hmm?

Offline Rat The Unloved

«Reply #13: February 29, 2008, 10:24:54 PM»
Well, to skirt carefully along the edge of the sniping...

What kind of markings?
Spots. Ears, nose-blaze, and belly. Like a real rodent might actually have.

Should the hair be long or short?
I always go mid-length so that it's gender neutral. People still equate "short hair" with "boy" for some reason, but there's a middle length that goes either way.

What kind of outfit?
Jersey-style t-shirt, slacks, and wristbands always works.

Any general idea of the remaps?
 Color the sleeves "cape", the body portion of the shirt "vest", and the player can then remap the colors individually to change the length of the sleeves. On one avatar I did this,and used bracer from the elbow down so that they could have either a tank top, t-shirt, or long-sleeved shirt.

The tail will have to be re-done, so should it be hanging there with a curve, or up in the air.
My rats never held their tail "up", but I've seen mice do it... so perhaps just a gentle "pony tail" curve.

Hope this is somewhat helpful, because it's a very, very, good walkabout.