turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ejection, Tempbanish, Banish, and "GTFO".  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Rat The Unloved

Ejection, Tempbanish, Banish, and "GTFO".
«: January 11, 2009, 12:48:57 AM»
A few days ago I had someone come onto my map and act in a peculiar way. This person was walking tile-by-tile, and spending very long periods of time standing in front of certain, very unique, items on the map. I asked them WTF they were doing, and they said "stelin patchs lol"

Needless to say, even JOKING about that earns someone a tempbanish, or perm banish.

Tonight I had someone else come in and do something simmilar. I approached them and attempted to hold a conversation. They were quiet, and moving in the exact same way. After a few minutes my patience wore out and I ejected.

About AN HOUR later the person whispers me explaining that they have social angsiety and how much I set them back as a person for this. When I attempted to whisper back, explaining the situation, they were gone.

So I pose this to my fellow furres: What do you think about ejections, banish, tempbanish and general "GTFO"-ery in furcadia. How do -you- respond when you feel your dream is threatened, and how do you react to people who flip their shit (so to speak) over it?

Offline Heimdall

Re: Ejection, Tempbanish, Banish, and "GTFO".
«Reply #1: January 11, 2009, 02:11:56 AM»
I've never cracked down on someone I suspected was stealing patches, but I do crack down on the people who're breaking rules and continuity, even in nitpicky ways (people with cont-breaking names, blathering OOC without brackets, etc). I never eject without a warning and being very polite, but I've still been snapped viciously at. Like this:

Furre 1: lmfao.
Furre 1: demn dykes.
Furre 2: Lawl.
Furre 2: Berb.
Furre 2: kk
Furre 2: I totally look like the guy from The Used right now. ._.;
You say, "( Please take OOC out of the tavern. This is a strict RP continuity. :) )"
Furre 2: [<< Fine. If anyone had bitched if they wanted rp, it would make more sense. So much for not being tightasses about the rules, like the site said.]

Then they vanished. It's true that no one was asking for RP, but still, brackets are brackets. (I'm fine with OOC in public as long as there are brackets.) I might have been more lenient if I KNEW these people, but they were total strangers randomly OOCing in the busiest part of my dream... o_o;;

Offline Rat The Unloved

«Reply #2: January 11, 2009, 04:13:37 AM»
I rarely warn, unless it's for language. Stuff like theft or harassment is auto-eject, and inform them after.

In this situation I feel that warning the person would've done no good anyway, as they either -were- stealing, or still would've felt insulted by my actions.

I'm always sort of shocked to see -how- personally people react to ejections. As though you literally mushroom-stamped them in front of their grandma.

Offline Belgium

«Reply #3: January 11, 2009, 04:26:15 AM»
I rarely warn, unless it's for language. Stuff like theft or harassment is auto-eject, and inform them after.

In this situation I feel that warning the person would've done no good anyway, as they either -were- stealing, or still would've felt insulted by my actions.

I'm always sort of shocked to see -how- personally people react to ejections. As though you literally mushroom-stamped them in front of their grandma.

I know, it's actually a combination of amusing and saddening, really. I worked in Anime Club back when it had many many dreamgoers, and 90% of the time when I ejected someone, I got a nasty whisper in reply. It's funny, because usually these people know exactly what they're doing and just try and see if they can get away with it; then they're insulted because you had the nerve to do your job.

There are no ifs, ands, or buts. You're breaking the rules, and until you can learn to grow up, stay the hell out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:27:59 AM by Haruno Sakura »

Offline r i l e y

«Reply #4: January 11, 2009, 05:17:07 AM»
I know one of THE BIGGEST things that absolutely grind my gears is when someone walks in with remappable colors. I refrain from ejecting but most of the time I immediately whisper them if they can change their colors before they start walking about the dream. It makes me wary even if they say something 'relevant' such as trying to 'see what color options are available for picking' on certain avatars on ports but even then you still never know.

And I also recall being whispered several times by an unmentionable about a dream of mine that has gamerip patches. They kept asking about if I could give them the patches which were clearly not public, and I declined respectfully and hoped they'd understand that. Then I got quite a snarky reply that went something like "Well, even if you don't give me the patches I'll get them another way anyways. :)" Mind you this was after I had had friendly discussions with them before so my tolerance and respect went down the shitter and I followed through with a ban and a guardian report.

'Haven't heard from the kid since!

Offline Rat The Unloved

«Reply #5: January 11, 2009, 08:28:33 PM»
I actually make a policy of checking the FAZ and FAM forums for art alerts. Anyone who's proven to be a thief gets banished from my map before I ever even see them enter. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I really need to set up furbot to keep 'delic checking for and banishing people on a list.

As far as sharing names here... I dunno if it's quite kosher, but if asked in private I'm more than willing to state who is banished and -why-. Especially those who have admitted to, and shown proof of, stealing... but that Furcadia cannot specifically act on.  I can also retreive the list (hopefully) from the old continuity bot I ran. It's auto-eject list was about 300 entries long, due to people thinking it was really cool to trigger him. Thankfully, he kept notes as to why he was ejecting someone.

Offline Geisteskrank

«Reply #6: January 11, 2009, 11:47:34 PM»
I don't recall having to eject anyone from any of my dreams, but then again I don't keep a dream uploaded for very long or very publicly. But I would be pretty lenient unless something like that happened. No need for thieving jerks or asshats. D; Heheh. If I were sure that they deserved an eject/ban/whatever, and they argued about it after, I'd probably just put them on ignore and let them deal with their own immaturity. <_<;

The social anxiety part sounds like a bad excuse to me. I have social anxiety, and confronting someone (such as after being ejected) isn't something a socially anxious person would generally do. o.o; Lol.

(0:9) When a furre arrives in the dream,
   (1:79) and the triggering furre is using an iPhone or iPod Touch,
            (5:78) eject the triggering furre.

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #7: January 11, 2009, 11:51:55 PM»
It makes for great retard regulation. Enough said.  ;)

Offline Hugo

«Reply #8: January 15, 2009, 09:52:04 PM»
Dreams are your own personal kingdom. To hell with the rule breakers and the fart makers!